Have you tried soaking them in penetrating oil overnight?

>Have you tried soaking them in penetrating oil overnight?
Why do people still insist on recommending this garbage?

t someone who has never worked on a car.

I've worked on plenty of old cars and machines.
It does fuck all as far as I can see.
If the bolt or fastener is stuck you need a longer lever and some heat. If you need a lubricant to assemble something use a proper lubricant. A bit of snake oil in a can isn't going to cut it in either case.

>using wd-40
well no shit its not working
use pic related next time

This. Kroil is the shit

Well, WD40 is only good for cleaning out moisture, temporary lubrication and when you're removing corrosion from brass connections with a brush

Get some actual penetrating oil/fluid then you'll see the difference

If you REALLY hate rusted bolts and struggle with them often I can suggest getting an induction heater

I like that

WD-40 is the worst lubricant. The only reason to buy a can is if you want something your grandmother can keep to lubricate her door hinges once and a while.

WD-40 doesn't creep like PB Blaster or Kroil or others. So it's shit for loosening long rusted bolt and nuts like in car applications.
It's also much worse as a long term lubricant vs something like silicon grease or fucking used motor oil.

A hammer, PB blaster, a butane torch, breaker bar, and impact are the best options for stuck bolts.
Normally my methods are as follows.
>Try to loosen with ratchet
>Squirt with PB Blaster & wait 5-10 min
>Attempt with breaker bar
>Bang with hammer (to loosen rust) & PB Blast again, reattempt with breaker bar
>Torch that fucker until it start to change color, reattempt with breaker bar
>Hammer, PB Blast, torch, PB Blast, hammer, torch, reattempt with breaker bar
>Borrow an impact or drive to someone with an impact
>Sell/trash the car/part

I've reached the last one with an alternator on an alternator bracket with my AW11. Just pulled another bracket off a different car and bought a new alternator. The long bolt must have completely rust welded itself to the alternator.

I had a can of pb blaster but the propellent went flat, so I have a half can of good stiff I can't use. Meanwhile wd-40 cans last decades.

Worked for me when my spark plugs wouldn't budge

... I'd be seriously worried if your spark plugs were somehow stuck, but WD40 was also able to get into the threads

PB Blaster is another alternative

>I like that
WARNING: Not safe for use with benis.

Oh I was worried, but it turns out all they needed were some lube and some love with a breaker bar. Would've just used the breaker bar but I didn't want to risk stripping the threading.

What, do you have a piercing in your dick or something?

Did you try running the engine completely warm first?

>shitbox wouldn't start for about 2 weeks
>finally manage to fix the problem and get it to start
>makes the worst grinding noise I've ever heard and I can smell the belt burning
>power steering pulley is seized
>spray with PB Blaster and leave it overnight
>start it up in the morning and the pulley is freed
>power steering works better than it did before

ITT: Newfags

It's been well known that a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF is the partrician's choice

Don't do this it makes mustard gas

>*evaporates before you can use it again*
pfff nothing personal kid

Yeah I did try that, engine was pretty warm when I tried. I sprayed in the wd40, let it sit overnight and got them loose with the breaker bar in the morning.

>spill one drop on car
>RIP paint
Better be fucking careful using anything with acetone near a painted surface

>Meanwhile wd-40 cans last decades.
I think all good brand name aerosols last over a decade. My can of WD40 from the early 1990's still has plenty of propellant in it. But so does a can of spray air freshener I bought from Price Savers warehouse shopping club back then too. Same thing with old cans of Lysol. They've changed the formula of lysol two times (to be cheaper each time as I can see from the ingredients) but all the old cans spray with gusto.