6-speed sequential gearbox

GET A DOGBOX. SOUND LIKE A RACECAF, SHIFT LIKE A PRO

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CjUxJZYg7Ww

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Padt7D4y_uM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rather have a new gm 10 speed with a full manual valve body and ratchet shifter.

too bad its a lot heavier than a standard. i personally like these. weighs about the same as a T10, and takes abuse like a pro

Never really been worried about weight, I'm not

i like to turn, weight always matters.
plus, im not fat.
i can not imaging having a car that weighs more than 2600lbs with a full tank.
plus i like my v8's

Have fun driving a plastic toy car.

>All this stupidity

>Implying a new Ford/GM 10Lwhatever will hold as much as a proper dogbox
>Implying they even make manual valvebodies for those
>Implying they even make ratchet shifters for those
>Implying a ten speed ratchet shifter wouldn't be impractical as fuck

>implying they don't have huge masses of reciprocating inertia
>implying they don't have big efficiency losses
>implying more weight = better, even if you have more horsepower

>implying that new 10 speed won't be a steaming pile of horseshit just like the 8L90

Implying you have a car

>Implying you understand engineering at all (seriously? 10 speed ratchet shifter?)
>Implying 2 wheels aren't superior to 4
>Implying you cannot into le meme arrows

>not having a manual planetary transmission

>I'd prefer the crushing disappointment of a commuter tier fluid coupling than a master race mechanical coupling
Tits or GTFO

I love loud as fuck backfire as the car shifts.

youtube.com/watch?v=Padt7D4y_uM

Just.

id rather have a dogleg tranny bruh

You have clearly never driven a manual valve body.

Plenty. Still just a one trick pony slushbox.
You've clearly never driven a sequential dog box.

So put a low stall torque converter.
You will still shift way faster in the auto, even against a clutchless sequential whatever.

Dogbox/straight cut manuals are awesome - when you are 100% on the gas. Driving around normally they are terrible. I fantasized about a Jerico for years until I drove one.

>You will still shift way faster in the auto, even against a clutchless sequential whatever
Even IF you could measure the difference in shift speed between a manual valve bodied hydromatic slushbox versus a dogbox (you can't), you're still going to be faster in gear with the clutch driven manual.
Not to mention better vehicle speed control on overrun, which is handy if you're doing more than simply accelerating from a standing standing start (literally the only advantage of an auto).

>dogleg
Dogbox you idiot. Dogleg is a shift pattern.

Properly made ones, like in motorcycles, are great though.

>You will still shift way faster in the auto, even against a clutchless sequential whatever.
No. A true clutchless sequential is instantaneous: it directly goes from one gear to the next, without interruption. There is no disruption of power. There's a reason F1 uses this, but with electrohydraulic components for getting rid of the relatively slow mechanical linkage.

>6-speed sequential gearbox from factory.

Cagers BTFO yet again. You mad white boi?

>A true clutchless sequential is instantaneous

No. There needs to be a slight delay so the gears can mesh together. The delay is so small (~50ms?) that it's almost instantaneous but not quite. A DCT or manual bodied auto can engage two gear packs at a time and flip between the two which is faster.