Design a pop-up system that will comply with modern safety standards and be cost-effective for a company to produce

Design a pop-up system that will comply with modern safety standards and be cost-effective for a company to produce.

Other urls found in this thread:

carthrottle.com/post/10-modern-sports-cars-made-insanely-cool-with-popup-headlights/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Design a better pedestrian that pays attention to where they're going.

This is incredible

lol this

That's not the exercise.

popups are objectively retarded and a waste of money

done

928 style pop out from deeper in hood, compresses when retard pedestrian falls into it
it could combine both styles but would be simpler to have it flip one way

Many design features are objectively retarded and a waste of money, but a car's value is partially based on design. Total practicality leads to homogeneous cars, just like your little practical homo asshole.

>unironically replying

Alpine style lights + landbarge style hidden headlamps?

yeah but no

car companies usually dont put things on cars that make them worse in every possible way like popups do

infotainment is a bigger pedestrian hazard than pop-ups with greater maintenance costs due to every one of em using proprietary setups with touchscreens but they're in every car of this decade

isuzu

pop ups improve aerodynamics while allowing the headlights to be at legal heights
this lowers hoods, and improves handling by minutly lowering the cog

infotainment isnt an inherent design flaw like popups

any problem with it is due to user error

popups ruin aerodynamics add a good amount of weight and add needless complication

that laws that made popups seem appealing are no longer in place so its just a waste of money to use them

They can easily be pedestrian safe, make the chassis of plastic and have it look however the fuck you want. It's just not popular, deal with it.

...I still want pic related to happen.

That looks immeasurably better than what we got. Not that the new Miata looks terrible, but that's pretty much perfect.

holy shit that looks awful

CVT transmissions
Obnoxiously large wheels (19+, though 19s are excused if it needs them to clear Brembos)
Open differentials
Honda's """""AWD""""" system that only adds weight because it doesn't actually do anything
Skipshift
Crossfire Injection
Steel wheels + hubcaps
Idiot lights for temp/voltage/oil pressure instead of real gauges
OBDI
Michelin PAX tires
Cartridge type oil filters

Just what I had off the top of my head

most of those are just things you dont like and not bad

hell Crossfire isnt even as bad as people act

sure I guess its shitty if Hondas awd doesnt work tho

Make them out of Nerf, along with the front and rear bumpers. I don’t know why this isn’t a thing already... because they wouldn’t crack and scrape at any little bump from a shopping cart or bird strike and they would be pretty damn light, and they would “heal” any small tears put into them. They would also be non-harmful to pedestrians in low-speed collisions.

Oh wait, all those reasons are why they aren’t used. God forbid we have a modern car that doesn’t require being thrown away after 5 years and/or isn’t fragile as fuck.

Now, I'm a huge fan of popups. And I really wish that the new Miata had them, but I feel the square housings would probably fit the NDs styling more than the round ones. The round ones make it seem like it's happy that it's about to kill you.

Thats what makes it cool and stand out

I think this might be the first thing you've saod, that I've agreed with

Holy FUCK that looks bad

I fucking love that
The first Miata looked cute
This one looks like a grandma is squeezing it's cheeks

>real gauges
Fuck you, the LCD screen shit is stupid

he looks so surprised

I love it

>CVT
>not bad

Wish that was real

due to the fact that pop ups are too hard to maintain for a simple normie like me, ive decided to design a car that has no headlights at all. why would you want to drive at night anyways? its scary and bad people are out at night with their cars (with mean headlights). pop up headlights arent invincible roman concrete built extraterrestrial quality pieces of machinery. "remember back then when things broke on cars"

?

Easy. Lights folding to the rear instead of the front, with a spring mechanism actuated when a certain amount of force is applied from the outside. You can make them rectangular if round pods look too froggy for you.

These are completely pointless, you could've simply made the moving cover translucent instead. Also strictly speaking they're not even pop up headlights, they're hidden headlights.

Pop downs

Sheath lights

Covers slip sideways to expose the lights underneath

WHERE DOES THE COVER GO??!?

*unsheathes headlightsaber*

Luckily I'm safe, as the Mercury's headlights are only able to detect motion, much like the dinosaurs it evolved from

When did I say I liked the LCD bullshit either?

I'm sure pop ups only exist because of minimum head light height laws
and the lamp housing being too crude to be made compact

>any problem with it is due to user error
wow

Robert, it goes down.

Pop ups are a meme, they're useless, more complicated (more shit that can break), more expensive, less aerodynamic and look like shit. The only people who like them are autists on Veeky Forums because they want to feel ''unique'' and above ''normies''.

fpbp

It don't go down!

You can't just slap/photoshop old square pop up designs onto modern cars. It doesn't work because the square pop ups worked with the boxy wedge designs of the 80s and 90s. If you want to put pop ups in a modern car, the lights have to be designed in a way that meshes with the modern (bloated) design otherwise it will clash too heavily.
I also feel that pop up lights work best on cars with a low front end, which a lot of modern cars do not have

this
that said pop ups look pretty dope

>replying to tripfags

idgi. whats wrong with popups and why is pedestrian unawareness have to doing with pop ups

i dont see the point of this. isnt the whole point of popups (now at least) that they POP THE FUCK UP and offer a little froggy-like line to the front of the car? with the original reason being you could get a more wedge like shape for dem aeros, yeah?

why hide headlights like this? literally what is the purpose?

ya'll know that thing that the rolls royce emblem does?
>headlights go up
>crash into a person
>headlights go down

kek

It is pedestrian safety regulations that prevent pop ups from being put on cars these days.

car, user?

Looks like a Mercury Sable.

Something similar to what 300zx Z31's had would be nice. They can be put up, but you don't have to . The angle that they're at when they're up isn't extremely dangerous to pedestrians either.

Pop ups are useless but dam popping up my Miatas lights never fails to make me smile, it's just so neat

I got it, reverse pop ups. completely safe for pedestrians

It seemed that CarThrottle have thought of it, although I think some of them don't work: carthrottle.com/post/10-modern-sports-cars-made-insanely-cool-with-popup-headlights/

Huh. That's a pretty good idea. Send a letter to Mr. Toyoda.