Found an 1986 american ae86 for 2800 on craigslist...

Found an 1986 american ae86 for 2800 on craigslist. Should I spend 3 grand on a 30 year old Toyota Corolla and become like dagumi?

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1987-ae86-toyota-corolla-gt/6323200103.html
westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-corolla-gts-ae86-240sx/6314805904.html
columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-ae86-rhd-corolla-levin/6330799245.html
milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/authentic-jdm-rhd-toyota/6321766583.html
longisland.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-toyota-corolla-ae86/6318424292.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah

Go for it

AE86 or AE85?
>inb4 that one faggot who says AE88 because he watched that RCR review
If it has the 4AGE do it faggot

The SR-5 isn't an AE85 either, arguably just a lower trim 86. The 85 was Japan only and included and even WORSE engine (the 3A-U).

No AE85s in the US. That had an even more retarded engine than the SR5's.

4AGE, yes. 4AC, maybe, but probably don't.

>those rims

Every one that shows up for me now and then on Orlando CL that actually runs looks like this. Rusted out, notchback, new rims

That’s a coupe so you’ll never truely be Takumi.

Coupe is more rigid.

based off the bumpers and condition of the car that is not an AE86.

that is an SR-5 corolla. way over priced @ $2800

shits worth probably about a grand. Anything over that is meme/initial d/drift tax

this is what real USDM AE86s go for

$7k
seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1987-ae86-toyota-corolla-gt/6323200103.html

$6500
westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-corolla-gts-ae86-240sx/6314805904.html

and this is what real JDM AE86's go for

$14k
columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-ae86-rhd-corolla-levin/6330799245.html

$16k
milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/authentic-jdm-rhd-toyota/6321766583.html

while all 4 of these listing have a rice tax on them, its is somewhat justifiable because those are the ones that are actually worth anything and are fun to drive. not some clapped out SR-5 being sold by someone who watched Initial D once and assumed he had the same car as takumi

fuck for $9k you can probably get a really clean usdm ae86 that hasn't been converted to a drift machine
that's 100% worth it imo, and you don't have to pay retarded rhd rice tax or deal with weeb boomers

Go for it, but be aware of what you're getting. This isn't the Trueno and it most definitely isn't a sports car. That being said it's still awesome.

Buy it, you can flip it and make some insane profit if you don't like it.

>flipping an SR-5 that is worth $1500

did you read any of the posts ITT or are you really that ignorant

No I just read the OP.

ok. now fuck off

Why don't people buy these SR-5's and dump a few grand on them, engine swapping etc so they're even better than the overpriced jp and us ones? It's the same chassis and suspension set up just different engine, right?

Calm down buddy

tons of people do that. just not the benchracer scared to work on their car people on Veeky Forums

SR5-GTS conversions are pretty common, but too many of them are half done. People give up with the engine harness or GTS rear end swap.

I don't understand the meme unless you're building a tofumobile replica. $2800 will buy you a better, newer car.

easier said then done.

>unless you're building a tofumobile replica

thats actually the worst reason to buy an AE86, The most cancerous reason in fact.

OP here. I'm retarded so I put a random google'd picture of an 86 that looked like teh one in question instead of the actual picture. This is the actual ad, which I should have just posted to begin with.

thats a good deal.

>I know the rarity of this car
>>rarity of this car
>>>>>>>>rarity

N O L O W B A L L E R S

as an ae86 owner, I agree with you
I hate the fucking tofu-ass replicas that pop up for 20k on craigslist all the time.

Why is it the most cancerous?
'Cause of memes?
>stop liking what i like for different reasons

>2600 for an ae86 that only needs a little bit of work to make top quality

too bad its not a hatch

replicating someone's car means you don't like the car, you like the series/movie/media
Do I need to spoonfeed you everything?

oh yeah, i forgot that people can't like something for multiple reasons. thanks for spoon feeding it to me.

I kinda want to buy it, but I'm not mechanically inclined and I don't know how to drive stick. I plan to learn to drive stick anyway, but maintaining a 30 year old car could be prohibitively costly.

Just pretend to be the other turbo autist then

it has popups so buy it

> but maintaining a 30 year old car could be prohibitively costly
>literally just a corolla

I'm le poor and at the mercy of mechanics :(

its still garbage. That car has been for sale for a while. Funny you even bothered to try and hide the location. There is a reason it hasn't sold yet. Its nothing special also its a POS.

>Gauges
>Custom stuff
>"Prefer automatic"

Car was best to shit by a boy racer. Avoid.

This is more in line with the responses I expected. The low miles are enticing but there's a definite sense of superficiality about the whole ad.

It sucks to be a weaboo in Europe.

Not me, but still insane prices.

low miles doesn't matter when the cars a POS.

everything i said here still stands.

Didn't the rest of the world get the AE85? Or did they get the AE85 body with the AE86 engine.

Best pony.

AE85 shares a chassis with the AE86. I think the AE85 with a 3A-U was only in Japan. The rest of the world got the 4AGE and 4AC powered AE86s.

>5.5" rims
my phone is bigger that that

I said body, not chassis. They might be the same chassis but not the same body (headlights).

why have you not already bought it, it could be instanly flipped based off the km alone, Are you retard?

The insanely low milage for a 30 year old car is a problem. You dont know if the car was genuinely driven very little, the odometer was tampered with, or the odometer is broken with the seller feigning ignorance.
Looking at the "modifications" the owner added onto the car, I'd wager he probably hooned it a couple times.
If you are still interested, give him a phone call and ask him the usual questions. Ask if you can inspect the car in person and either bring a knowledgable car person/friend or ask the owner if its okay to bring the car to a shop to have it professionally inspected. (might cost 100 bucks though)
I'm going out on a limb and I'm going to assume its either a SR5 model (even slower engine than the 4AGE) or a SR5 to GTS conversion (that presumably wasn't done correctly hence the low-ish price)

If you want to get BTFO'd by a shitty BMW, than definitely get this car

>km

first off all you stupid underage filthy non american its in miles

2nd its a POS SR-5 and is worth $1500 so in fact he would be losing money.

3rd
>Posted 17 days ago

the fact that no one else has bought it in those 17 days kinda tells you why no one else tried to "buy it to flip it" you dumb cuck

please kill yourself

its an SR-5

if it was a real GT-S it would be fetching more money or not be for sale anymore see here

Here is my sr5 pos

Another pic of my sr5 pos

In short an sr5 can be done properly it just depends on what you want the car for.

I like it, looks nice
What engine?

3sge beams

people like OP clearly doesnt even know what he is buying. He just saw "AE86" and thought "oh shit i could be like dagumi"

thats how most people end up with SR-5's then they eventually find out how shitty it is then sell the POS on craigslist and the cycle continues.

sure there is a small percentage of people who buy SR-5s that know what they are getting and get them for WAY cheaper than GT-S' but still.