>bro I wish I had a bugatti
>bro I whip a bmw so bad
No specific models at all just the brand
>why is your car so old
>why did you buy a broken car
>but it's like old though
>idk something's wrong with it so my dad brought it to a mechanic
>idk it works but idk somethings wrong with it
>I can't go drifting with you guys I don't have an E-Brake!
>bro I found this cheap bmw on craigslist but it says it has a blown headgasket what does that mean

Don't ever befriend stupid people. I only do it because these stupid people are also hooligans and I don't want my gas stolen when I go to work.

tfw turbo spooled and someone insisted I had an air leak

this guy commented on super clean rx7
>it need a veilside bodykit

we all know he learned about veilside bodykit that time when he googled "cool orange car in tokyo drift"

>You can't speed up while turning! That's dangerous!

>hehe user, what do you mean you have to change oil??? XDDDDDDDDDDDDD I thought it's just there and you add to it someteims XDDDDDd

>oh cool, you track it? what's your top speed
>I can hit around 90 to 92 mph on the back straight at my local track
>their face when

my dad said this to me awhile ago.

I don't believe you.

>why don’t you just like... get a better car?

>Yeah, it's got a lot of power. It'll sneak up on you if you don't watch it.

Heard a coworker say this about his new Sentra.

>hardparking
>Magnus Walker
2/4.

>”nice bimmer man, do you race?”
>”you must be balling, driving around in a bmw, haha”

I drive a 17 year old 320 bmw e46..

Stacy coworkers:

>”audi makes the coolest cars”

>Why don't you just put it in the boot?
>But you're balding, why do you have one of these?
>You shouldn't touch things like that under the hood, user, you might break something and it will cost you a lot of money for a mechanic to fix

>don't rev it too hard user you'll brake it.
car jumps to 1.5k on cold idle for a few, i wasn't even inside the car

memes aside that widebody kit looks pretty fucking great, it changes enough of the car to make it their own thing, not like most body kits that just take the original car and make it angrier looking.

>so dangerous
bitch its a motorcycle you think i don't know

>it looks nice/fast!
it's a 12 year old 250

>people die driving motorcycles
that's the plan

Never been a huge fan of bodykits in general, most of them just seem to be addons/clutter as opposed to running with the original bodylines and improving on it. So many seem to widen-out under the wheel hub area and leave gross gaps where the wheels are etc. Idk.

>so you've become a temporary citizen, huh?
this is the thing that infuriates me most when i tell people I ride a motorbike. I can't explain why it just makes me angry to no end.

>V6 is better engine configuration than inline-6

- Autos are just as fast/ are faster.

I've been driving my new (to me) rwd car for the last two months and this is kind of true in the rain.

Already kicked it out a few times by accident

Well now that's true for some cars.

Nice. After you wreck your shit, they can burry you next door.

>is that your dads car
I can't count how many times people have asked me this.

>people die driving motorcycles

everyone is going to die eventually, may as well have some dangerous fun

Here's a thought, buy new tires.
On my RWD car with 'GOOD' A/S tires I have to fucking beat on it to kick it out in the rain.
On my RWD car with 10 year old shit house fucking A/S tires I have to be on edge every second to make sure I don't spin, accidental sick skids are common place.

muh dual clutch transmission

I've got 265/55/17 Nitto NT05 semi slicks. They usually stick like superglue, but in the rain they are a bit dodgy.

4/5 of the days I kicked it out was when it was raining. That fifth day there was a bit of gravel on the road and ditched the car (no damage but scared the shit outta me).

But that's objectively true. Less mass, better center of gravity, while making the same power.

But they are usually faster. Only thing faster than a modern DCT is a sequential dogbox, and I don't think a lot of people have those in their car. If you do, you're instantly godtier.

But inline 6 is no doubt more fun. More torque = more fun. IT may be heavier, but it is definitely more enjoyable to drive.

How can it make more torque, given the same bore/stroke/head CFM?

V6 and I6 both have identical outputs if you build them the same otherwise.

>its so cute!
:3

You poor man

>how do you even get in that thing

a valid question

>get a miat
>elderly family members cant easily get in or out
>they dont try to bum rides off me anymore

OI MATE! ITS ME MEGNUS!

I ease up a bit in the rain but you might just need better tires

Objective my ass
>sounds like shit
>feels nowhere near as smooth as an I6
>naturally imbalanced
The slightly reduced mass and easier packaging is literally all it has going for it.

hes talking about the repairs ECKSDEE

>How many mpg are there?
>Yeah I practice hypermiling in order to save on gas
>I've never had it past 5th gear

>Keeping the RPM too low wastes gas

what car?

>I coast in neutral to save fuel

I can't say I know a lot of people who are 33 with a Hellcat, but it's almost getting annoying. I'd rather them ask me if it has a hemi. Some people flat out don't even believe me even after telling them its mine.

Nice

>you know so much about cars, I thought you had a rally car!

>can you slide again?

It was just a gravel road in an fwd wagon, and some oversteer occurred, now there is like 4 people saying i can "slide"

That must be hella annoying.
It was similar for me when I had an Alfa Giulia a couple of years ago, but I was 19 back then
But at 33? At what age are you supposed to buy a sportscar if not in your 30s and up?

Also what are those yellow edges?

Kinda related...
>Girlfriend speeds almost everywhere in the suburbs and in traffic, sometimes like a maniac.
>Has to go in hills one time (normally I'd drive but that's another story), oh I don't like twisty roads.
>It starts getting twisty and she does 10 k's under the limit or lower all the time, even slower in corners.
>mfw the hills and corners are prime for speeding like a maniac

>How fast does it go
Literally, everytime
if you ask it in my race team you're booted

When normies brag how they topped out their cars trying to wave their dick around.

I normally hide my power level so people don't try talk to me about cars.

Interestingly the stupidest shit I have ever heard has come from this forum.

This so much. I had a 1997 328i Sport when I was 18 and it was so much nicer than any focus / corsa etc but loads of people just dismissed it because it was old. My gf at the time refused to get in it because her dad said it was a "dangerous old death trap". Wish I hadn't sold it now that values have shot up

crank geometry is a thing and v6 needs balance shafts

check

>Also what are those yellow edges?
Their used for shipping/transporting purposes. I never took mine off, I kind of like the look of them. The dealership I bought it from says a lot of people just leave them on.

ant conversation regarding wheels/tyres

>user those are the same thing!

Or just missing the distinction all together

Rims

> Ahhhh I see!

They did make some of the coolest cars ever but I doubt she was talking about those.

>yellow lip covers

Don't like it because its old/uncomfortable/loud/obscure

Random asspulled top speeds they got their car up to "totally bro it had more to give too" and then asking how fast it can go.

>''nice drift car''
>five people in the car and the girl sitting in the rear middle says ''such an unergonomic car''

I mean tbf the 900 and 9-3 are stupid easy to skid even as a FWD car.

>this thing sounds like a weedwacker I bet it's slow
>1.3 liters! My motorcycle has more than that!
>this thing backfires a lot id get that checked out
>runs hot is change your coolant
>why do you check your oil so much?
>I heard these things blow up at 20,000 miles
I've had my gslse for a week and I'm starting to get why rotards are so defensive, people are retarded about these engines

Also forgot the infamous
>dude you rev this thing too high you're going to blow it up

Forgot to mention that it happened in one evening and both of them were a couple.

Also..
Guy:
>newer cars are nicer but they cost more
Me:
>my car is my dream car of its class
Guy:
>looks confused

But why would you do that? The point is that it isn't its purpose and the guy had no idea that it's a FWD nor that the car guy (me) couldn't be into drifting. He thought it as a compliment.

Own a customized jeep that is usually muddy and has the doors off
>do you ever take it off road?
>why is it muddy?
>what do you do when it rains? (protip-I get wet)
>did it come like that?

>rims

I know it's autistic but this triggers me so fuckin hard. I can't let it go.

Because it is really easy to do a scandi flick in a FWD car and it's great fun on country roads?

>downshift into second to more controllably enter a cul-de-sac
>"user DON'T DRIVE SO FAST!"
Look, I know you're worried about your kiddos but I'm going 15 fucking miles per hour. Chill, bitch.

Girls drive to get from one place to another, you enjoy driving....this is why you are here.

have you never looked at this stupid fucking board before? bunch of benchracing weeb faggot busriders arguing over numbers.

>why is it so small?

You or the car?

>country roads
I bought it in a mint condition and I'd like to keep it that way. But I've had my winter fun with it a bit.
Also my idea of fun are smooth, winding roads where it's safe to go fast.

>Sounds
>Feels
Those are subjective measures. Anyways, a good V6 doesn't feel rough (any recent Mercedes will show that), and there are good sounding V6 engines (Busso comes to mind).

The mass isn't just slightly reduced, it's quite a margin. Hell, some V8 engines weigh less than an I6 (BMW M3, Google it), nevermind the saving when you remove another two cilinders. Not only that, the engine has a better center of gravity, which reduces understeer in RWD applications - and understeers is objectively not fun.

Please explain how the crank throw geometry is different between a V6 and an I6, given the same stroke. Hint: they aren't. The piston and Conrod have the exact same arm (a.k.a. stroke) to rotate the shaft.
Balance shafts don't rob power, they just store it. Meanwhile, an I6 needs more main bearings, has more internal windage, and needs tronger crank- and camshafts because of the higher torsional loading. Your point?

>these are subjective measures

You dumb fucking nigger
"Smooth" refers to the balancing and an i6 is naturally balanced, whereas a v6 is not, MOSTLY because of crank shape

How can you be so ignorant and proud about it

Are you the same fucking retard that ruins every discussion about 6 cylinder engines by claiming your v6 Camry engine is great?
You should stop that no one agrees with you.

>you ever think of getting your bodywork fixed?
Nope because get this I can park anywhere and not give a shit if something happens to it, literally worth more as a write-off
>You should get x performance vehicle you'll have more fun with it
Yeah I'm sure for the 5% of the time I drive it outside of rush hour traffic it'll be a fucking blast
>I used to drive until my car blew its engine
I feel like sales people should actually explain what happens if you neglect essential maintenance instead of just telling them their warranty will be void if they don't come to the dealership every six months, I hear lines like this too often

time to start lifting and maintaining uncomfortable eye contact with normies bro

Sound and feels are subjective.
Volume and vibrations are objective.

A modern V6 can have the same volume and vibrations as an I6. This is known in the industry as Noise Vibrations and Harshness, or NVH.

Sure, a V6 feels and sounds different, but whether or not it sounds and feels better is completely subjective. Put a measuring stick at it, and you'll find out that volume is identical (because of government regulations), as are NVH values (because that's what the customer wants).

Smooth refers to NVH values (or power delivery, but that's not related to cilinder configuration), not internal balance. Nice ad hom apart from that single argument, the smug animu girl really made it a great post.

Nope, not that guy. Camry V6 is pretty shittier of course, but that's a bad example. In pure engineering terms, V6>I6 tho.

>my race team
Sounds like you're the normie, broh.

>burry

I was in my dad's truck, someone pulled up and asked me if it was a duallie. I thought he was talking about the exhaust :)

This
This so much
> be driving through curvy-road neighborhood
>speed limit 30mph
>be going 30mph in 2nd, revs at ~4k, red line 8300
>slightly angry sounding intake/engine/exhaust
>some random bitch "SLOW DOWN ASSHOLE" every time I drive by
>now I just engage clutch and blare out her banshee wails with screaming k20 every time I drive by

I'm sorry, but if you're into cars for the 'culture,' "community," "bond with your car," or "mechanical one-upness" then you're the normie.

IMO, being a real car guy is being an insane speedfreak, wrenching only as a means to obsessively drop another 0.1s off your 0-60 time. It means doing stunts, smoking tires, and taking corners at insane speeds because you feel alive only when you're giving Death the middle finger.

>This radio station was named Kowalski, in honour of the last American hero - to whom speed means freedom of the soul.

Fuck off diabetic.
You shit up all the comfy threads you are in.

Kys obnoxious faggot

>found the guy who yells at You may want to get admitted, user.