Replacing my head light assembly, and can't figure out how to get this headlight in

Replacing my head light assembly, and can't figure out how to get this headlight in.

Well, what did the old one look like coming out?

The one I took off was the factory one, and the new one isn't from the factory.

We can get the light in flush, but we can't figure out how to clip it in place.

Wrong bulb
/thread

Clip in OP post looks like it has shifted to the side.

wobble it

cut your nails you fucking neanderthal

did you try turning it off and back on again?

Shit, it came with all the bulbs but that one. And all the other plugs for perfectly. How do you mean wrong? What do I need? It connected to the wiring and works.

Yea, it's pretty wobbly piece of wire, but I don't know what to clip it to. There's no grooves.

this 2beeH

It's the wrong bulb, your new headlight looks like it uses an H7 or H4 bulb, but most likely a H7 like pic related.
Your old bulb is a H8, 9 or 10.

See that metal thingy flapping about next to where the bulb is supposed to seat? That is the metal clip holding the bulb down, but it will never work with your previous bulb because the one you have is designed to be plugged and then rotated in place, while a normal H7 bulb just sits there and has that little metal spring keeping it in place.

Just change the bulb and be done with it, you may have to cut the old connector and make a new one yourself since H8/9/10 connectors don't fit on H7 bulbs

>buying aftermarket parts

Forgot pic

Damn it, that's what I get for buying aftermarket parts I guess. Thank you for the help. I'm just going to be done with it today and go get a new bulb tomorrow, cheaper than a new assembly.

Thanks again. I don't understand why it came with the rest of the bulbs and everything just slid right in. Are there adapters or am I going to have to rewire this myself?

You could always return the headlight and ask for the correct one, maybe they gave you one for a different market where they use different bulbs because of laws or whatever

It's unacceptable that you have to use different bulbs and modify the connectors just to replace a headlight, it was either your mistake for buying the wrong headlight or their mistake for shipping you the wrong one. Whatever the case, if you are still in time, return the whole thing and make them give you the correct one.

If it's too late, then just get new bulbs, H7 are cheap as dirt anyway.

If you aren't sure what bulbs fit your headlight and the headlight is not coming from some sweatshop in China, then the bulb code should be written somewhere on the glass or plastic close to the position of the bulb.
The logic is that whoever opens the hood, with the headlight correctly mounted, should be able to read the code and buy the right bulb.

I don't know about adapters, but you can rally just go to a scrapyard, find any car with H7 bulbs (protip: if the headlight has separate projectors for high and low beams, then the the low beams are most likely H7 and the high beams H1), cut the connector and put it on your car.

Question: How many Veeky Forumstists does it take to screw in a light bulb??

Answer: Directions unclear; dick stuck in head light xD

>actually currently working on car

>autismo maximo ultimo rolls through the door screaming "CLEEN UR NALSE!!!!1!!1"

Clockwork.

It's the wrong part man.