/ovg/ - fixed the OP edition

>Previous Thread:

>Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
get-good.net

>Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

>Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

>Equipment Guide
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

>We're racing ARCA and Sega Rally on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

> Forza Signups: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KmJlRBsaaLNmuhpNzENjmbr_ld5MNP7-Q8PgjANrT18/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-lLiBZMME
pretendracecars.net/2017/10/09/bjork-makes-her-solo-debut-the-gran-turismo-sport-demo/
discord.gg/hXmJrJr
igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Toyota&model=MR2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kys

second for forza is the best racing game/sim of our lifetime

what was the baseline lap for mugello pls

in time

2:04 from a standing start with a stock Porsche GT2 RS. I forget what I got with my Silvia while I was tuning it but I know it was a lot better than that.

curious as to what the actual cars are running because im not sure what would be competitive. kinda throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks rn

Is that shit photoshopped?

you are cleared for take-off

pics from sunday
1st corner is easy af

aaaaaaaand I fucked up

rip nsx

sorry about the boop, sandman

1:58 with an 800hp GTO. I'd say shoot for sub or low 2 if you are going for podium

I'll let you go

fuk back to the drawing board
sv was running 2:02

>honda: the power of dreams

why, it isn't going anywhere is it?

gotta go fast

From what I've seen I'd say around 6.3-6.6 handling would be a good range to shoot for on Mugello

That was the problem

>Madobe Claudia
patrician as fuck taste you got there m8

Holy fuck I hated racing in those cars
I get how V8 supercars are all power and no grip but they're at least fun because they want to slide out of corners
Those rally cars are the fucking opposite

Was that not contact on your end?

Poor fucks in the V8 supercrs having to compete with tryhards in atoms, nice

Arca braking + Turning right practrice in case you faggots add Charlotte's Roval someday

>GT sport
>last lap of race
>in 3rd
>some really good racing going on
>some faggot goes barreling in to the car in front of me through last corner
>get caught up in the wreck
>get a fucking 10 second penalty because of it
>cross the line in 4th
>position ends up being 15th because of the penalty

Fucking fix this shit Kaz.

>trying to figure out what gets the performance i want in s class
the old upgrade system means i have to guess if a car will even make it. i was deep into customizing the gtr lm before i realized the rb wasnt going to work and now im running out of money
i have a car but i suspect there are better options

>complete europoor gt4 tour
>wouldn't let me back out and choose another car or series
>another stint in the boss 302r with ice for rear tires

If you want, add me and tell me cars you want tested and how you are going to build them since I have some money to throw around. I can tell you the times they get so you can compare to everyone else's choices

Hopefully the next turnleft is in nr2003

Got some bad news for you bud...

The damn yuros killed turnleft didn't they

So the 14th of October race not habbening? I want to race dashit I can turn right decently against NR2013mod no .ini no assists 103% AI

Hell yeah. They should add widowmaker, turn right Charlotte and beanerland 2017 F1 GP to the schedule

I tried the viper and it was running high 1:59s but I think it could loose half a second with some work
I wanted to try something else because I feel like I could trade a bit of handling for power but I cant do it with the viper

>nr2003 AI is based on Gregger Huttu's bob vegana t. iRachong m.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-lLiBZMME

>iRenters pay hundreds of dollars to play ten lap meaningless pickup races at Daytona and Talladega
>refuse to buy NASCAR Heat 2 because "it's arcade trash" despite offering literally the same experience as carb cup.

yea this whole time penalty thing is kinda stupid. Just take the incident points thing from iRacing and DQ reckers instead.

I did a quick 900hp build on the '99 Viper then just used the calc I made on the spreadsheet for tuning and it managed to squeeze out a high 1:55. No idea how fast it will eat tires though

on a second thought I don't recommend a 900hp viper. It goes through 25% of its tires every 4 laps

that's what you get for phone posting

I havent into Nascar Heat games since the original 2000 thing when I used to be a nowheel fag, It was good for its time. I think they recycled the engine and the AI in the new ones don't they?

>tfw 115% difficult on NH is 75-85% Apt AI compared to NR2003 bully AI Bobby Labonte x Robby Gordon simulator

Is BonSitch the coalescence of the spirit of /ovg/?

Exactly, the game is really good though and it does do a decent job of controlling wreckers by making them lose their collision detection and ghosting them. Most of the time if somebody comes in way too hot or is driving erratically through corners they can't fuck anybody's race up but theirs but it doesn't always work and shit like the bullshit in my other post happens.

Either way FUCK this game makes my dick hard.

wow finally a ghosting system, welcome to 2009 dude

I know it's not anything new but it does work pretty well in this but the system needs tweaking and they should do something like the other user said to kick those people out of races that are repeatedly causing problems for people actually trying to race,

How does sport fare against forza 7 driving wise, for anyone that played both?

isn't the point of having an iracing-like online system to put shitters with shitters?
shouldn't the system balance itself?
is it really this broken?

spork*

>Try online for the first time
>Group 4 @ Lake mangina
>pick muh sls
>only 3 people dont have 4wd cars
>get punted off t1 and finish mid pack
>nothings changed since the closed beta i guess
>fuck it one more race
>last spec miad race of the night
>do shitty quali lap
>wtf im on pole
>run away with the race
>not even the most Senna-tier divebombs could touch me

cool game

It's similar.

The cars in sport feel like they have more weight to them and overall has a more realistic feel desu. Imagine balance between the arcade madness that is forza and the more sim like handling of Project Cars 2. It's very solid and feels great. As far as comparing the two games goes as games they're very VERY different. GT Sport focuses more on an esports always online deal where the real game is playing online with others that you're grouped with based on a number of factors including your qualifying time among other things. Forza is geared much more to the offline player for maximum action and racing insanity. I feel like people that prefer the forza type of formula probably won't like GT sport all that much. In short they're both great games for different reasons. If you can get both i'd say do it because they're different enough from each other to make it worth it.

Yeah, It's day one of the beta though so things could start to balance out soon. It'll be interesting to see how it settles out. It's kind of all over the place right now. I'm qualifying top 3 in every race right now and there's a HUGE spread through the field as far as lap times go. Top 5 seem to be close. For example the N100 race with the Miata's. I'm qualifying at 53.947 and the top 5 or so are pretty close to that as well in my lobbies but then you have a huge drop-off after that. People below the top 15 or so are posting like 1:23.xxx in qualifying right now and if you look at the replays they're all over the fucking place in the same tier as people who know what they're doing. I hope it balances out soon.

Describe to me a time you activated your Ultra Instinct in a race, /ovg/.

When I divebombed 8 people into turn 1 and got the positions

If only GT would suck it up and drop on PC I'd get it. Honestly til then it comes down to "not willing to buy a console for a single game"

So just played a bit of GT. It's a solid game. Now I'm off to buy a tag heuer watch.

>tag is featured as a manufacturer in what replaced the car dealership shit
>they have an in game museum
>fuckhuge tag watch in the race entry screen

The brand deal is R E A L

HAHAHAHA GT SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH.

pretendracecars.net/2017/10/09/bjork-makes-her-solo-debut-the-gran-turismo-sport-demo/

Yeah I did the same fucking thing. Fucking advertising.

I'm feeling like snap oversteer today, what pc games let me drive the MR2 first and second gen?

>spa
>at night
I was not ready for this
genuinely scary

Gran Turismo games (not sport) third gen as well IIRC, I'm sure a few Forza's, TXRD2 lets you do it on the t00j and in the third gen and the Zagato third gen as well.

There isn't a single invalid point in this entire article, but I don't care the physics suck because the game is fun.

HAHAHAHA JAMES SHILL MAKES ANOTHER FIFTY CENT

t. GT Cuck

I can't believe it's over.

Sperg more GT fangirl

'sif faggot I have an XBox. No weeabo

>"I didnt like it anyway!"
The absolute state of GT Cucks

>g27 shifter now thinks every gear is either 1st or 2nd
what the fuck, is my shit broken or what? it was working fine a few hours ago

I'm not buying Japanese shit. I bought American with Xbox and Forza. Or is that too hard to get through your soda-addled brain?

Put your cap back on! There's still one action-packed evening of racing to be enjoyed at the final event of the SuperGT series on GT6!

I don't have a PS3 and never have.

Sperg more

I forgot to share the link to the /ovg/ discord againn my bad.

discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Then return that wonderful GT-branded apparel to its rightful owner forthwith.

how can mumble even compete

>Trip get members
>Trip get post

Tubby watches the thread

>GT Sport is unironically going to be used to recruit drivers for FIA series
>physics out of the ps2 games

???

don't need more to learn to flip and kill people

And pCars 2 that was supposed to save simracing is a glorified shift 2. What's your point?

I wasn't being facetious, though.

K. And to be fair, they already used older gt games so there's that.

So the FIA is actively trying to kill people?

>what pc games let me drive the MR2
>pc games
>Gran Turismo games
Am I missing something here?

That being said seems Froza motorsport 6 seems to have it, guess I will go with that.

assetto corsa or project cars?

Assetto Corsa is due for a sequel not too long from now and the online community is pretty dead.

thanks. also im not very good at racing, how do i improve? where can i find some good guides?

>PC games
>forza 6
uhhh

igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Toyota&model=MR2

?

If you need to sperg more, do that on PRC comments section, not here.

It didn't release on PC, Apex got released on PC and it's a glorified F2P demo

Man the Toyota is just so happy.

That's not happiness, that's psychotic glee right before it rams you off the road.

O shit.