>Did someone vandalise my motorbike?
yes
you

yeah man, i like to walk around with wrenches and crank down anything i find

>he fell for the tight is tight meme

Torque to spec next time dumbass

>time

Bitch I always torque to specs. With new washer. This happened way after my last oil change.

Take a good look at bolt's head corners, someone applied too much torque and wore off these edges. Bare metal vs dirty metal is another give out.

>what are my options

Time to buy a new oil pan

And a torque wrench

>inb4 op's manual called for 50nm of torque, OP torques to 50 ft/lbs

jb weld will hold fine.

You could get the crack TIG welded, then drill out the bolt hole and put in an insert.

If you last remember your oil drain bolt head was in perfect condition, then someone else did that over-torqued rounded off damage to your bolt head.

Whenever I see rounded off heads, it's someone using one of those fine toothed socket heads instead of a 6 point. If you only used 6-point sockets, then the damage was probably from someone else.

That's a wierd way to go about it
Most manuals tell you to hand tighten that plus a quarter turn, or 10-15nm
I had someone unscrew my oil cap and spit in my clutch tho

Some monkey overtorqued your drain plug by about 200 ft-lbs

/Thread

Literally rtv it for now.
Have someone weld it shut
Or
Replace whatever that entire part is.

Next time remember, aluminum has a Max torque of like 20 foot pounds

What's that YouTube retard who was rebuilding some salvaged Ducati and broke 3 bolts in a row trying to use a half in torque wrench on cover bolts by taking them to 17lb instead of 17nm?

youtu.be/W8KpbCbOiYQ

17:50

use a rubber seal instead of a crush washer

Golden.
Why would anyone think that a tiny ass torx bolt is held down by 19 ft lbs

AAAAAAA

AaaaaAaaAAAAAAAAAAA

WHY?

when you tighten any drain plug bolt you just wana do it just enough for the o ring to be snug and then maybe a half quarter turn more. My grandfather has a lift and lets me change my oil and fusses at me literally every time I tighten the drain plug. He had a gas station(back when they were also mechanic shops) and did oil changes for a stupid long time, maybe 3 times longer than I have been alive

Dude must have been on it with the half inch gun or something jesus.

Fpbp

14:22 Gets out torque wrench. Says "This should be fun to figure out."

Time to just walk away.

17 Nm is 12.5 ft-lbs.

Two problems I can see in this video: half inch drive torque wrench is difficult to feel 'click' at the lower end of it's range. Very easy to go right through the set point and break something. But what really got me was where he was talking about using an impact wrench on these before. And then he says "I'll just back them out and torque them." He should have said, "Dear Jesus. Please let me back these out without breaking. So I can throw them away and buy new hardware that hasn't been stretched to fuck."

typical ducatti fag

Bump