I am buying one, and want to set it up for handling, do to living in a mountainous region in Austria

I am buying one, and want to set it up for handling, do to living in a mountainous region in Austria.

The 320i has a good weight distribution do to it's light 4 cylinder engine.

I like the sound of the 320i, but i will buy a
M package, because they look better.

So do you have some tip?
Asking 320i owners (every bus rider, bench sitter, kid, and 3rd world person will be ignored).
Only want good tips.
And no Civic, or Supra shitposters please

Get an e46 330 instead.

sprengts euch weg ihr scheiß ösis

No

>kids will be ignored
proceeds to be a child.

Fick dich ins Knie.

Why Jamal?

>Fick dich ins knie

Mad child

Anybody below this line is fucking retarded

I have a F30 320i. In the past I drove an E46 330i ZHP. This is in burger land.

Personally I really like it. Great economy for long trips but still really fun to hit the twisties. I think you are right in focusing on handling.

You do have to really work the engine and rev higher, which is actually more fun to me. Although I do plan on doing a stage 1 some time in the future. Make sure you get a manual transmission as well.

Thanks for the post.

How different was the E46 from the F30 in a handling way?

not very good
Want handling?
Get MR2.
To get mr2 tier handling out of a bimmer you need to strip everything and dump thousands into it.
At least base car is dirt cheap.
You can probs get an elise for that money.

>MR2
I don't want an old mid engine rust block that tries to kill me in every corner.

You're a pussy but okay propably not the best car for beginner, you're right.
My advice is same as for track car
Get something cheap you can replace without being sad or batting an eye.
Something you don't feel bad about cutting up to get fender flares installed.
Something that after crashing you get out and check if the wheels are good to put on another car
A car you go fast in is not the car you love and baby and restore. It's something cheap, easy to source parts and repairs for and something that is nothing more than a "good base"

for the purpose you have in mind even NA sw20 is in every single way imaginable better than e90

>buying the small engine
laughingwhores.jpg

Well, a stock 1994 EG hatch is gonna BTFO you on any mountain road.
>no need even for simple mods

I am not a beginner mate, i just don't want an ancient Toyota.

As a 2nd car i had a R33 Gtst, with a bigger turbo (378 whp), and that thing was expensive to maintain and basically a pice of shit (lost 2 grand selling it).
So sorry when i am not a huge JDM fan, not want to be mean to the fans though.

I want a BMW, and the reason is simple parts every, cheap, and more less reliable, also family members and friends have some, and never had problems.

>320i
Are you sure you are prepared for how slow a 320i is gonna be? Why not get a 330i? They cost almost the same to buy.

Okay if you don't want japanese that's fine, I fucking hate audi and am completely tired of bimmers.
But for the reasons stated it is a good choice.
Get e30, once lightened they get really good. And light weight is what you want.

The only people who find the 320i fun are pussies. It's a really fuckin slow, weak, boring car. You want a tip? Buy a civic if you want economy. Buy a 335i or M3 if you want a fun car. Don't get conned into these "you can have both!" memes.

are you one of the drag racing faggots?
Sure all bimmers are slow as fuck in the "is it quick" sense
but a little bit of elbow grease and a good driver and they will be really do.
You're probs a retarded fag who hates gt86 too

Evenb the GT86 has 30 hp more and weighs 230 kg less.
E90 320i is on another level of slow you delusional faggot.

>Sure all bimmers are slow as fuck in the "is it quick" sense
???
>they will be really do
Do you want a car that "does"? Fuckin idiot, go crawl around in your granny grocery getter 4 cyl

Serious question though, why are
Honda Civic owners so agressive?
No matter what, they get furious, and than insult people.

I don't even own a Civic. I just want to make fun of you for buying a 4 cylinder E90. Protip: My sister has a 218i and it's a nice car except that it's fucking slow.

*E90 318i

>wants to buy the ultimate driving machine (as advertised)
>the car needs a setup to handle the road decently

Is this intentional?

You realize the average age of a BMW 320i owner is 35-50 and female?

>150Hp

Holy shit I didn't know it was that bad. I could outrun it with my fucking Focus.

You'll never see these ultra-base cuck models anywhere except Europe

Even worse, I’m in Italy and I have yet to see a petrol 3 series in my life.

Apart from some random M3/M4 we only have 320d and 318d.

The best part? They only sell the 318i and the 340i before the M3, every other engine is not even sold since nobody wants petrol engines here.

I swear to god I can’t wait to see electric cars everywhere to cure the diesel plague.

>320i
>yurop

kek

I feel you. You seem to have the Diesel cancer even worse than Germany ever had it. Until recently a lot of normies in Germany refused to buy anything other than Diesel powered cars because of the cheap fuel. I personally know of someone who had a new Diesel car and drove it to work every freaking day for 5 kilometres. Of course the particle filters kept clogging up, requiring several hunbred bucks in reapirs every year.

in the UK it's a thing for the lower middle class 20-something man to finance a 320d or a base A4
Recently 320is are more popular though because of the anti-diesel thing

Yeah i also thought about buying a 318i.
They are even lighter.
You have a cool sister.

As i wrote before, i owned the JDM meme car (R33 Gtsts with 378 whp), it was crap and not that fun.
I got boring after 3 years, i am now older and want something normal and good.
4 cylinders are pretty good mate.

When you grow up you'll see that the Hp meme is just a meme.

>When you grow up you'll see that the Hp meme is just a meme.
Warum nicht gleich in die Vollen gehen und einen A4 kaufen? Neben einem Motor, der nicht nervt gibt es auch noch eine Lenkung dazu, die nicht nervt + einen deutlich besseren Innenraum.

Und Untersteuren wie Sau gibt es auch noch dazu

Well Austrians like Diesels too, and i also looked at 320d's, but the EU wants to ban them now so no.
Also they smoke a lot.

Und wenn das Thermostat verreckt oder der Zahnriemen fällig wirds, darfst du den ganzen Vorderwagen demontieren. Geil.

Willst du mit 150 durch die Wachau fahren? Sonst ist es irrelevant, weil du nicht mal das ESP in deinem BMW ausschalten wirst, ohne daraufhin in der Donau zu landen :-)

Es ist einfach fahrdynamisch Scheiße und fühlt sich auch so an. Auch bei normalen fahren.

I see a ton of them here in Latin America, including 314i and 316i. Always fun to smoke some try hard faggot who thinks he's hot shit in his base model bimmer with my family sedan.

Damn that is really sad user, I know gas is more expensive there but I didn't know it was so extreme that literally everyone drives a diesel

320d*

Ah yeah forgot about latin america. And yeah I occasionally see people like that here but it's a straight piped 325i

>better weight distribution
all e90's have the same 50:50 weight distribution no matter if 318d, 320i, 335i m3.
i hate the 4 cyl sound i would never get a 4cyl bimmer.

Good to know, really all of em 50:50?
I like the 4 cylinder sound, sounds old school.

The 320i is better for me though, because Austria is not known for high speed streets.
And i don't want to have the R33 problems like being pulled over every god damn time, or not being able to rev to the max in it.
Seriously if you don't live in Germany, then don't get a strong car, you can't use it properly and it's expensive to run.
Don't fall for the meme.

I can't wait to rev it to the max, without accelerating to 240km/h in a 100km/h zone.

i get what you mean but the 320i seems like agonizingly slow.
honestly a 325i would be pretty decent for you - 218hp so you would still be able to rev it and it would do 0-100 in about 7 seconds which is borderline quick.
Also i've read that the N42 4 cylinder engines have some severe reliability issues with timing chains and stuff.