General Scraping Thread

How do i stop scraping when exiting my yard?
(driveway has to many cars so i park on the side in grass)

Ive tried going in at all sorts of angles but nothing works, scrapes my cats and exhaust tips and im not even that low!

get a car with some ground clearance if you live where you need it

try plywood or just pour your own concrete base leading up to it.

The only place i scrape is this makeshift driveway on the side of my house, would gravel work? I drive a 98 Mustang gt with stock suspension and it still scrapes.

>just pour your own concrete base leading up to it.
How do i know when to stop pouring, not sure how long is needs to be, has about 6in of ground clearance, about the plywood, how would i lay it down, just put it there or cut it up?

I bet you there's probably stuff on DIY and youtube that should give you a more comprehensive idea of how to do it.

just get one of your mom's boyfriends to do it, I'm sure one of them is a contractor

>just get one of your mom's boyfriends to do it
Shes married, he is an electrician and doesn't know how to do it either.

You could use something like this maybe? Search for 'driveway ramp' or something similar.

Think something like a bag or two of gravel would work? looking for the cheapest option due to getting a ticket last week (63 in 45)

look into getting truck load of road base.. rent a bobcat and redo the driveway. The road based is probably like $3-500 for 17 tons delivered, I doubt you would need this much. A bobcat is probably about $300/week to rent.

for people who claim they are into vehicles you should probably be familiar with how a road is constructed... not saying you have to know everything about it but the basics would probably be a good idea.

Thanks, my neighbor has a bobcat, i could just pay him to do the whole thing.

If he owns one he might even be able to tell you where the cheapest place to buy it would be. Do you know if he is an excavator or does road work?.. I was thinking you could have some fun cruising around in a bobcat for a day or 2.. an experienced operator could probably knock it out in a day or less if your driveway isnt very long.

He used to do road work now that i think of it, for the time being do you think some gravel would be fine for a month or two? need to get some money saved up first

if its pea gravel (cheapest $150/17 ton truck around here delivered.) you will probably just sink and might even get stuck... that stuff is good for back filling trenches but not very good for more than 2-3 inches of fill... I personally wouldnt use it for more than just cover on the road base... your neighbor would be more knowledgeable than me about this than I would.

Its just a small strip in the grass mabye a few feet or so gonna be covered, ii may just get a bag or two of some big gravel and test it out, thanks for the help!

good luck

for sure bags of gravel, you maybe even wood

ok cool, how would i use wood? im confused.

stack a 4x4 and a 2x4 to make a little ramp.. get a pressure treated board so it doesnt rot right away.. then put some dirt over top of it... I honestly think this is a waste of money, but it will work for a few weeks maybe 2 months