Redpill me why I shouldn't buy this car, I currently have my sights set on a 2011 E-class with 115k miles...

Redpill me why I shouldn't buy this car, I currently have my sights set on a 2011 E-class with 115k miles. I know the owner and it has been babied and dealer maintained, he's asking 12 k.

>2011
>115k

how do people manage this?

>First thing that breaks will cost you 2k

And it will snowball from there.

It belongs to an old guy who uses it to drive around town and check on his business

I heard that gen of E-Class had the best reliability. Even the AMGs were said to be very if not okay in reliability.

I'm used to American trucks, so this will be a big change for me, what do I look out for?

Have a backup. Not that you would ever put aftermarket garbage on a Mercedes, but if you do, most autoparts stores don't have anything more than oil filter, oil, brakes, and batteries for it.

>suspension
wait 3-4 days special order
>sensors/relays
wait 3-4 days
>struts/shocks
wait 3-4 days
>a fucking BELT
wait 3-4 days
>brakes that isn't economy garbage
wait 3-4 days

If you didn't sell it already, keep that truck as a backup. Some of those European vehicles do have good reliability but there just isn't a good supply of parts to make maintaining it worth it sometimes.

I don't know man. I hope someone answers you.

What is this "wait" you are talking about?
Is it like a waiting period for the parts to get delivered to you?

>t. Man who has never owned a Mercedes

he's right you know it's about oem parts so need ordering first. Some aftermarket like suspension shocks struts there's sachs and bilstein made, sensor/relays fuel pump from bosch etc are always available but still need ordering.

>t. *man who never owned a marked up Chrysler.

Autoparts stores do special orders from manufactures for certain parts. Sometimes they can get it overnighted or same day if they have it stored at their hub warehouse but 99% of the time they don't have that option because it's a waste of money to store European car parts when they can sell thousands more GM and Ford parts.

V6 Accord

Sometimes the dealerships is like that too. They run shortages of parts or just don't store anything but basic shit there. So with the alternative being auto parts stores, they don't have anything same day either. It's sometimes hard maintaining these vehicles not so much in monetary value as it is in time since nobody stores these fucking parts.

mercedes and reliable? not together in the SAME car.
heres some facts:
parts HAVE to come straight from germany.

parts are stupidly expensive compared to a domestic car or even japanese imports.

mercedes benz were made by chrysler so expect electrical gremlins.

dealers charge more than local mechanics because they use factory parts and not aftermarket parts

>I know the owner and it has been babied and dealer maintained, he's asking 12 k.
that's a fuckin steal!

That's a great deal. They're very reliable cars
Obviously preventative maintenance is going to be more expensive than a Civic but it's nothing ridiculous, especially if you save on labour costs and do a lot of work yourself

Don't most people here get stuff from Rockauto anyway?

Pretty sure that the W210 is more reliable, even more so in AMG trim, than the W212 (apart from the infamous rust issue). But both are way better than the W211.

My little sister once dropped my dad's Merc key from the 2nd floor and it took 2 full months for the key to get fully coded, pass a lot of criteria and get to us.

The W210 was indeed reliable. My dad own a 1997 model E230 and it has nearly 300k kms logged on it.

It's a Mercedes.

I have a 2011 E550 Sedan with everything. The only issue I have had was an engine mount failing, but that has been an issue with the V8 for at least two decades. They just don’t make it more than 80k miles. If you have the V6, the engine mounts will last forever.

im considering an e550 from 2010-2015 as well, not many of those around, but they've always been a dream car of mine, love that body style

Is the previous owner part of your family or just a friend / Coworker ?

mercedes benz were made by chrysler

The fuck are you talking

This

Its not a steal, more a good value they go around 15k for that year mileage. 15k overall for a 40k brand new merc is a steal but there is a reason for that, all mentioned above and below my post. If you dont get a warranty you will just be renting that car and if you get a warranty well think of the dealership as your primary garage for that car it will be there constantly.

Working on these cars is a massive pain in the ass.

When was that, 2004? I just walked into my dealership, gave them my vin and they had my key shipped out in 2 days. Came back and paid for it and it was a wrap.

it's not just buying the car but the run costs
you'll;
>need full cover insurance because accidents with a pip will guarantee it's a totaled unless you can pony up repair money
>premium gas to midgrade depending on age
>synthetic oil
>nickel and dimed maintenance costs (go get it washed and watch as you're expected to tip or pay more)
>people assume you're affluent and dont give a shit about your personal space
>women AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA if you're dumb enough to pick one up in that car you're gonna be paying for EVERYTHING

Not really, I work in more complicated S classes

Transverse V6s, now those are cancer

Do you drive a 92 Civic?

get it as long as it's a e550.

i drive an 07 335i

Whether you drive a 10 year old BMW or not you still sou d like you're the kind of person that can't afford basic maintenance

oh i can i just don't want someone to jump into something without knowing first since i had to learn the hard way

>rockauto

my nigga

You have a point there, but your initial post came off as a shitpost