The RX-9 is confirmed to be revealed at the Tokyo Show

The RX-9 is confirmed to be revealed at the Tokyo Show.

What do you expect to see from the RX-9?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/new-spin-mazda-files-patent-for-new-gen-rotary-engine-heres-what-it-tells-us/
pdfaiw.uspto.gov/.aiw?PageNum=0&docid=20160084158&IDKey=32A0F77DE744&HomeUrl=http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1%26Sect2=HITOFF%26d=PG01%26p=1%26u=%252Fnetahtml%252FPTO%252Fsrchnum.html%26r=1%26f=G%26l=50%26s1=%252220160084158%2522.PGNR.%26OS=DN/20160084158%26RS=DN/20160084158
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What do you expect to see from the RX-9?
Something I would buy

Some electric/hybrid DCT or auto-only bullshit with very little actual braps and a price tag way beyond what I can afford.

Surprise me, Mazda.

It also looks like there's going to be an SUV/crossover model.

>Some electric/hybrid DCT or auto-only bullshit
Sadly, this.

>Less is revealed about the so-called "design vision model", which follows the rotary-powered RX Vision of the last Tokyo motor show, but Mazda confirms that the concept previews its next generation of styling. Unlike the RX Vision, however, the new concept is a four-door coupé, where the RX Vision had only two door
>four-door coupé
D R O P P E D

Something that will majorly changed, barely resembling what is revealed, if it ever actually enters production.

RX-8 was like that and it wasn't too bad, r-right?

Progressive design, DCT and a hybrid motor.

that looks like redesigned mazda 3

according to what I've read on 2chan.
a disgusting Toyota looking thing.
also grenade?
idk. also one user assuming it'll suffocate around a roundabout but that might just be google translate fucking up.

RX-8 handled really well and wasn't slow. People shit on it because it's ugly as fuck and it's not as fast as the 7 but it's not a boring car in anything but looks

>168kW
>not slow

Crushing disappointment.

Its a Wagon xD

Its BMW Gran Coupé & Mercedes CLS Bullshit

nah it's fairly slow. while it does handle well it's different isn't great and the torque is lacking at low speeds too.

would you rather have:
new rx-7 that cost $60k
or
Mazda 3 and 6 that are RWD

making them red would add 3k to base price.
just have a higher trim level with awd for the 3 and it could probably sell ok.

There always fucking is :(

Look at where the wheels start you dummies, that's obviously the new 3 w/ hatch.

The rotary in the rx-9 better be well designed. The rx-8 rotary was essentially just worse than rx-7

>New fags getting this hypedby a mazda concept car thinking it will be a new RX.

Kabura
Furai
RX-vision

Enjoy your blue balls faggots.

Man, I had no clue we'd be getting it so soon. This is pretty exciting. The only thing I expect is a rotary engine. They had better not fuck that up.

you realize the 4 door is different from the rx, right? It's their design model for their 4 doors, it's not supposed to be a 4 door model of the rx.

I don't see what's so good about the Wankel. Can't they use that HCCI thing to do the same thing?

Mazda is showing two concepts
One foreshadowing the new Mazda 3 and another 4-door coupe concept.

No RX-9

>What we know about the SkyActiv-R is that it features a 23-percent-larger displacement than the 232-hp 13B engine which powered the RX-8.
>Even though turbocharging is contrary to core SkyActiv tenets, this new rotary will definitely be turbocharged to produce the 400-plus horsepower it will need to compete against Corvettes, Jaguars, and Porsches.
>The most interesting insight revealed by U.S. patent 2016/0084158 is Mazda’s intent to twirl its rotary engine 180 degrees about its longitudinal axis.

blog.caranddriver.com/new-spin-mazda-files-patent-for-new-gen-rotary-engine-heres-what-it-tells-us/

pdfaiw.uspto.gov/.aiw?PageNum=0&docid=20160084158&IDKey=32A0F77DE744&HomeUrl=http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1%26Sect2=HITOFF%26d=PG01%26p=1%26u=%252Fnetahtml%252FPTO%252Fsrchnum.html%26r=1%26f=G%26l=50%26s1=%252220160084158%2522.PGNR.%26OS=DN/20160084158%26RS=DN/20160084158

how dare you doubt the magic dorito

Fake

>four doors

>coming from a country that uses Kw

Make mazdaspeed great again

If they manage to make Wankel work, it'd be great for the same reason HCCI should work. It gives ICE another chance.

The biggest issue was removing the center injection port on the OMP. The series II RX8 (2008-12) reintroduces it and they don't gobble apex seals nearly as much as the 04-07, as well as 05s introducing a better ECU tune that injects more oil through the OMP, which is why everyone says to avoid 04s.

Hybrid 4-banger crossover with a touchscreen in the interior.

it's how they fund their rotos
and to keep their CAFE ratings down

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

Also the exhaust ports aren't in line with the rotor rotation, they're on the walls of the compression chamber. It's just a worse design.

what I want:
a 6-speed car with a rotating oil disposal unit

what it will be:
some hybrid bullshit

>go to 2chan to see what they're shitposting about
>pic related on page 1
This is a message. I don't know what it means yet but it's probably something bad.

頑張ってRX−VISIONさん!

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

Rx3 had 2 door and 4 door models
Kys pleb

>wankel familia
wow sure showed me

Zoom-Zoom!

wtf do they just have an english speaking board?

why would you expect that?
it's not a honda or toyota

google translate user.
it's you friend till it says things that make no sense.
for some reason they are talking about the Miller cycle in the 2chan rx9 thread.

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

just a dorito on fire

They've announced some CONCEPT cars, one of which is to announce their next generation styling (read: 2020s). Their Skyactiv-X engine is coming to production, not a new rotary. They will only say that they "continue to research" new rotary engines.

Deflate your hype balloons, 2018 is the year where everyone announces backup cameras as standard features

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION! :D

>mazda
>electric/hybrid DCT or auto-only bullshit
WRONG
ALL Mazdas (even the fucking minivan) ALWAYS have a MANUAL option.

I want to believe in Mazda

>Let's tell the story.

>Legendary [Rotary 47]

>The story of...

>Mazda
>RX-Vision

I hope to see a next gen mazdaspeed 3 featuring their new high compression engine

probably a 4 door cosmo

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

ty for card

I want them to make it a hybrid suv, for my wife and her kids. That would be cool.

A $100k+ car that no one on this board can afford. Garbage hybrid. Ugly. Options put it over $150k.

>implying NSX

It was SLOW. It was marketed as a sports car and got dominated. It handled OKAY. Nothing amazing. It was ugly as fuck. It was UBER unreliable (inb4 just constantly repair X and it's reliable). It burned oil like China. The interior was......weird. All in all it was a bad car. I would buy one to swap immediately, but that's about it.

>GT-R
>NSX
>Corvette
>Upcoming "supra"
If it want's to stay in that class it will be a $100k car.

there's a good chance it won't be hybrid

But it is [THE CURRENT YEAR].

Some sort of fwd cvt hatchback with a 3 cylinder hydrid and a 0-60 time around 8 seconds for 70 grand.

Dae zoom zoom? Mazda isn't going to compete internally with the miats

Good Luck Miss Rx-Vision

Suspicious!

3800lbs rotary hybrid

100% electric rotary. Rotors operate on pure electric plasma injected into them by quantum laser batteries. Charges in 10 seconds with 10000 mile range. Requires a full day output from a Gen IV nuclear reactor per charge. Occasionally causes micro black holes to form near the exhaust port, requires extensive genetic modification and hyperbaric training to operate.

Does that pass emissions?

>Occasionally causes micro black holes to form near the exhaust port
B R A P

I have a bad feeling, that they castrated the engine, because MUH EURO9343242948982455328548 regulations... I heard earlier, that they had difficulties reaching those, because the rotary engine naturally spits out a little bit of unburned fuel.
And i hope, they don't dare to put a gayass electric engine on the car, and turn it into a faggot hybrid

>dat pic
"My ancestors are smiling at me."
-RX-9 2018-2024

You like it? Here is her amazing ass

Man that is a good looking car.

This a mazda thread or a tas thread? Rumors say honda is going to show the new s2000 here

New CX-3 probably

A piston engine.

Just released last year, too soon. And as the said the top of the wheel arch is way too high up to be a crossover of any kind.

The black holes are a net particulate sink, so yes.

I BELIEVE IN THE SPINNING DORITO

This is probably the new Mazda3 with the HCCI engine. I doubt Mazda would actual debut the Skyactiv-X in a 4 year old design.

Yeah. They already said they're going to debut the engine in the 3 for 2019, which in car model-year terms means next year.

I think they're showing a new 6 seen in the OP, and then they're either showing the new 3 or they're showing a """concept""" of the new 3, like how Honda showed a """concept""" of the new Civic before they unveiled the production model.

>Rumors say honda is going to show the new s2000 here

Show me one single article saying that rumour.

Post yfw it's not October 25th RIGHT NOW

>still believing the dorito has any purpose in a street production car

Just fucking LOL. Mazda is pure distilled austism. That shit belongs at the track only.

>not being autistic
Get off this website normalfag

Pls ms rx-vision. Pls make us happy

I'm pretty sure Mazda has a manual option on every car they sell minus the fuck huge SUV (erect me if im wrong)so there's no reason to believe their flagship car will be DCT only. Mazda has also said that they don't believe in the electric car meme and they're going to pursue petroleum powered cars for as long as they can.

have to agree, rotaries just really aren't that great for road-going production cars

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION.

You can live next to FD in mah garage.

So according to you any +100HP ultrareliable car should be in the street, and any car that does not serve the exact purpose of going from a to b must be only for track.

No. My point is that rotaries are unreliable, uneconomical for road going purposes.