Career thread

Is dropping out school okay?
I'm 18yo and I'm already a wagecuck, I just was honest with myself and didn't want to waste years of my life on a useless degree (literature or shit like that) because that's what I can mentally afford.
I work in sales and I'm not enjoying it much, so years from now if I get enough money to open my own restaurant or a coffeeshop, is it NECESSARY for me to have years of experience in that specific field?
Sorry if my post is all over the place

Tl;dr Is it possible to gather money in one field then start a buisness in another?
Help a young lost lad here

the more school you do the less actual work you'll do in life

of course it is dude. my familys in the health food indudstry and thats exactly what im doing, was going to CC for some bs engineering but busineess is the way to do it. Start working like a horse and make your way into upper management, also get a night job at like a 247 supermarket. WORK, or else ur wasting ur time

>open my own restaurant or a coffeeshop, is it NECESSARY for me to have years of experience in that specific field?
Of course it's not necessary if you're the one putting up the capital for it, but it certainly is helpful.

But from what you're saying, you sound like a complete moron. Coffeeshops and restaurants are hard enough to operate profitably when you have a genius behind the wheel.

Go to school user. Find a STEM degree. I recommend something in IT or IT oriented. Finish school, get a job, learn the ends and outs and then open a business of your choosing.

Yea college isn't necessary for everyone but from the way you talk you need discipline. Nothing wrong with that, I was the same way and college and my internships gave me incentive to learn self-discipline.

Coffee shops and restaurants fail all the time even with great owners much less some randy. Just having a degree and the connections you make at school will open many more doors in life than not doing it. Just got to an accreddited cheap state school, do well, get scholarships and you'll be out with little debt and way ahead of the average person.

Shit advice. Lots of higher management jobs (even shit ones) require degrees.

Work as a workcuck for 5 years and live with your parents, explain to them your long term plans.
After 5 years of saving move out and continue working as a wagecuck.
Now that you've got some nice savings tucked away start growing weed, after a few a months harvest your crops and sell it off to dangerous criminals to bulk up your savings.
After 7 years of doing so you should have about $30k of disposable cash for a business
Don't open a cafe though user, that's fucking stupid

Seven years to save $30k?! You could easily do that with a zero risk job in just 3 years if he lived at home.

Also even my above advice where I said start a business is a meme. How do you expect someone with zero experience in any field to just "start a business." OP needs skills first.

OP's probably on minimum wage, so his salary's probably 18k if not less.
Take in to consideration income tax, feeding himself, and giving his parents a bit of cash each month.
30k was a bit silly, obviously in 7 years you should expect to have more.
Here's an idea for a business of the top of my head that requires no special skills
>go to brazil
>find a woodwork shop: use twitter, social media, anything that can put you in contact with somebody that has skills
>start a business relationship and organise a deal where they create a e s t h e t i c furniture for me.
>import small to begin with, give them a shit rate because they're in a third world country and you can take advantage of that, and also tarrifs
>sell it to retailers
The only overheads are getting it to the country and possibly storage.

Honestly if you wanna make decent money, work on your own time, get winters off, get in shape; mow yards. I make 40-50 dollars an hour working 4 days a week mowing 7-10 yards a day.

>almost 20
>Wagecuck
>Working just to live at this point
>Almost all money goes towards electricity bill, car bill, food, etc
>Community college in my town offers some IT stuff

So would an associate's in Computer Science or Cyber Security be better?
They have others like general Information Tech and Computer Information Systems.

Wat do Veeky Forums

A two year IT degree can get you a $40k+ job. Also get some certificates. They aren't too bad and look good on a resume. The more you learn the more you earn.

I just gave an example but you're right if I wasn't a moron I wouldn't make this thread in the first place.

I see, so I should make up my mind and choose a career to learn and grow into
You should work more on your plot user but interesting story nonetheless

That's true, most of decent jobs requires degrees, going back to education and getting the right degree is the safest way to go

Do you think that security or science would be more practical?
From what I gather security alone doesn't teach you much about coding

Join military and get real life skills that you can use after you get. Room/food/ pay included

IT and Coding are two different things though the line blurs more and more everyday. Generally though the jobs are separated so you'll have to decide which route to go (doesn't hurt at all to be good at both!)

No one hires fresh grads for security roles however. Those jobs get filled by those who know their networking and other IT roles down very well. Once you have a base of knowledge you can start persuing certificates such as Security+ and some of the other better ones. Those are generally what get you the security positions.

Try watching kitchen nightmares. Almost all of them are retards that started a restaurant with no food industry experience

what is that?.. like 25-30k a year?

why make shit money and take winters off?

>dropping out is okay, r- right?
Yes, of course it is, IF YOU HAVE A FUCKING PLAN.

I hope you mean college, as a highschool diploma is 100% necessary to get into even a decent-tier trade school.

BUT ON TO THE POINT, if you have no plan when dropping out (From college), you best have a fucking plan on what skill you're going to learn/what business you are going to start working to build. If you have neither of these things, kys wagecuck lifer

> IT
> STEM

Pick one you "CS is just like, too much for me" shitlord

Let me spell it out for you code-monkey.

Science
Technology
Engineering
Mathematics

Can you guess where Information Technology falls under?

>in restaurant biz with family
Seriously, there is no fucking way you can start a restaurant/cafe without any knowledge or experience in the food industry. If you're legitimately interested in starting a restaurant of your own work in a few to learn the ropes and make connections in the community.