Been thinking of getting the new Kia stinger. The interior is BMW tier and it performs better than the Chevy SS...

Been thinking of getting the new Kia stinger. The interior is BMW tier and it performs better than the Chevy SS. Any reasons I would get this car?

NO. Nobody wants a shitty Kia no matter how much they pay you you annoying little shill.

DCT automatics and TTV6es aren't cheap to keep running, and we're yet to see how they hold up over time. They look good on paper, but so did the Genesis coupe.

I'm gonna get one too

What color you thinking and which engine? I don't know if I want a blue or red

Spotted the jealous fags

hard pass but i don't drive for luxury

It's more than luxury though. The interior is that of a rich man's BMW yes but the engine and speed is that of a man ready to race

>better than a chevy ss
"no"

That's exactly my problem with the car. It feels like it's reaching and using tech that many other companies have fucked up. If it had a regular slushbox or stick shift and a naturally aspirated engine I'd consider it, but a DCT hooked to a turbo V6 from a manufacturer with a history of powertrain issue? Nah, even if I do kind of like the interior and the general concept.

Look it up, it beat the SS

Kia has learned from their mistakes. You must learn to forgive and . This is a great car

I'd give it a few years first. The gooks are definitely improving, but this is quite a jump to take. And even in their best applications DCT automatics are expensive to maintain. They were marketing them here as cheaper than the SS, but for how long?

>it beat the ss
so? stop being a benchracer. a simple v8 and a manual trans is infinitely better.

SS A SHIT

A SHIT

>4 doors
Lmao who fucking cares

What car has that interior and power for the price

go drive your sonic off a cliff.

I'm thinking wait a year. These will dramatically come down in price once Kia realizes they fucked up potential sales by sticking yet another Kia badge on a product that's supposed to represent a change in direction for the brand.

8k rebates are in the Stinger's near future I imagine. Then, who cares if the car has any faults if its as cheap to get into as a Corolla?

>ive tried
its got too gud of handling

unlike SS which will pig fat understeer its way off a cliff because SS a SHIT

Yeah, kind of how I'm feeling about it. I do think though that they could be in a very good place in 5-10 years if they keep going the way they are and Japan's auto supply chain keeps shitting itself.

>Any reasons

I see four reasons not to right in that picture: 'P', 'R', 'N' and 'D'.

Manuals are slow. Fuck off

All this talk about reliability but no one has mentioned

>7 YEAR UNLIMITED WARRANTY

Kia want this to work so bad and have enough faith in the product to offer 7 years unlimited.

I wouldn't be surprised if a tech sucked you off while they fixed your car.

A manual car will drive the same in 30 years as it does now. Automatics always age quicker. If you look at older enthusiast cars manuals are always worth more. Being fun and engaging to drive is more important than 0-60 time.

kia residules are the worst in the industry

a u t o c u c k

And yet you will be slower than a shitbox with auto. No thanks.

They are actually one of the best

Without sounding like an uninformed troglodyte, what was wrong with the Genesis coupe?

What's it like to be a boy racer who thinks his manual makes him cool?

I just want those steering wheel bacon dispenser and drill rig flip over "off" buttons.

except not because a performance car will get to a higher speed before having to shift.

Half a second is a pretty big delay to 60 friendo

Do some good reviews. I'm going to pick it up when the later model comes up and fix some of the problem.

Have you ever owned a Kia and tried to put a claim in on said too good to possibly be true warranty?

I still wouldn't get such a nice car as an automatic.

>tfw no cover
Why even bother?

What are you talking about

>kia
>nice
Pick one

I pick 2

So how much did VAG pay you?

K300: Fit for a KING

K900 have autism

looks pretty sweet desu, bummer its not manual.

same chassis as the genesis i think, but it does look peppy and fun. apparently kia hired some big engineer guy from bmw so maybe some of the issues other posters adressed arent so bad? i

Cup cover.

>Any reasons I would get this car?
>cheap
>fun
>auto isnt complete shit

You make good points. I actually like the look.

it's pretty fun actually, you should try it sometime

>understeer
>chevy (holden) SS

okay

wtf is that

The Chevy SS is an Australian car
The Holden Commodore
The Holdens also come in utes and wagons

I'm watching both it and the g70 to see if they they turn out decently for the money. I like the looks and hatch of the stinger, but the g70 isn't nearly as pigfat from what I've heard.
If not then I'll just get a cheaper used Q50 since that seems like the closest analogue.

Have you? Or are you just repeating hear-say from others on this board who have had bad experiences with their local dealerships?

I'll be getting one sometime in Janurary hopefully. A lot of people here are fucking brand haters who will hate any well made car just because they don't like the manufacturer. And that's a shame, because there are a lot of great cars out there made by every single manufacturer there is. So, hating a good car simply because of the badge makes you an autistic little shit that prefers to live blind to a lot of the good things in life.

And those whom shit on Kia's reliability, well, that might been in question ten years ago, but in 2016 an article was posted by JD Powers that states. "Kia just accomplished something no automaker has done in 27 years. ... The automaker on Wednesday was rated the No. 1 brand in J.D. Power's annual survey of new model reliability, making it the first nonluxury brand to top the list since 1989."

And as for the no-auto faggots here, this is a sedan. It doesn't HAVE to be a manual. If it came in a manual, sure I'd pick up the manual. But, that's not a deal breaker. It's a daily driver that isn't boring to drive. And that's what people like me want. I have a Mustang Cobra. It's a 6 speed manual. I don't NEED another manual. I'd take one. But, I much rather have a Stinger GT than a shitbox with shit interior and sub-par performance in manual.

And to those who compare the Stinger GT to coupes, fuck off. Stop cross-shopping. It's a sedan. It is made for daily driving, running errands, and grocery getting. Except not be boring doing these things. It doesn't have to compete with new sports coupes.

Also, a couple of cars that the Stinger GT is faster than...

2017 Nissan 370Z Nismo
2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2014 Infiniti G37
2002 Nissan Skyline GTR
1998 Toyota Supra 2JZ-GTE
2005 Honda NSX

This sedan is no slouch.

And just look at all of the options and features on this car. And this isn't even everything. This isn't including the wireless cellphone charger, ventilated seats, 360 degree simulated overhead camera view, and the carbon fiber trim on the GT2 package.

Is it sad that KIA shills will try this hard to sell us a 4 door scrapheap?
I certainly think so

I've no doubt there are shills in the thread, but there aren't many competitors in the sport sedan market now. They're offering quite a bit of punch for relatively cheap, so it boils down to how well they last after a year or two.

fucking niggers discussing cars on Veeky Forums
fuck off shills

>”sport sedan”
You’re joking right?

Blatant shilling isnt discussion you stupid baiting faggot

it reminds me of a commodore

fuck off shill

What the fuck makes any of you think that a Kia shill would try to market a car to you faggots knowing that you cannot afford the car? That is some basic bitch logic right there.

Also, sports sedans exist. What do you think are the M5, Audi S5/S6, Infiniti Q50 3.0tt, WRX STi, Mitsubishi Evo, Mazdaspeed 6, Commodore/Chevy SS, Taurus SHO, Lincoln MKZ V6tt? I mean seriously, can you be this dense? Cars that run 13 seconds or less (14 seconds to some people) in the 1/4 mile and run 0-60 in under 5 sec are all performance cars. Thinking otherwise makes you a know-nothing faggot who hasn't driven any of these cars and probably can't afford any of them either.

>The interior is BMW tier

So it’s garbage plus a glued tablet for dem premiumness feelings?

No Brand loyalty, but I'd want to wait for the second gen at the very least.

>haha poorfag you can't afford.
Anyone with a full time job can afford a midrange car on finance, m8

HAY GUISE I SAW THERE WASN'T A KIA STINGER THREAD UP I'M REALLY THINK I WANT TO GO OUT AND BUY ONE

ANY1 GOT THE OPTIONS SHEET, I REALLY WANT ONE WITH ALL THE OPTIONS, IT'S FASTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE ON THE ROAD FOR THE PRICE SO Y NOT, BETTER THAN 11 PORSHAS DOING 911 AROUND THE THE TRACK.

There might not be a second gen. Kia built the car just to prove that they could build a quality sports sedan.

Not many people here can afford a $40k+ car.

Stop being a colossal faggot.

Kias still have long term reliability problems, you're adding turbo to the mix, it's not going to end well.

I got a redsport for 52k cucknadian dollars out the door. Kia is going to have to sell these cheap.

>all of these kia fanboy faggots ITT saying shit like "it's a well made car" when the thing literally just came out and none of them have been driven enough to know if they're just going to start shitting all over the place in 20,000mi

>Not many people here can afford a $40k+ car.
Go sit in the waiting room at a steelership an just listen to how many poorfags walk out with a $70k+ financed muricamobile that they can't afford.

Why are you comparing it to decades old cars

>implying anyone, even on Veeky Forums, is jealous of a kia

holy shit you fanboys are on crack

>user please stop shilling

>HAHA OH user WHY WOULD ANYONE SHILL ON THIS BOARD WHEN NO ONE HERE CAN AFFORD IT HAHAHA HERE'S THE OPTION SHEET BTW ITS GREAT VALUE TOO BAD YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT HAHAHA NO SHILLING HERE BTW HAHA ISN'T KIA THE BEST? CHEVY SS BTFO GIT GUD MURICA

Literally the same kia fag making the same thread every day.

Look! Its another sponsored-by-the-internet-marketing-dept-of-Kia-Hyundai.

bot

>Kia has learned from their mistakes. You must learn to forgive and . This is a great car

>And just look at all of the options and features on this car. And this isn't even everything.

No one is buying it. Crappy marketing attempt to create hype.

>jealous
>kia
pick one

What do you think of it? Year and miles when you picked it up?

dude it's gonna be faster than a minivan

>What do you think of it? Year and miles when you picked it up?

another bot

Holy fuck the shilling. Mods ban these threads already.

Not for about five years now. Now they are driven over 100k miles on anything new to make sure they last.

The 2.0t engines have never had any problems.

$32k - $50k.

The Stinger has been in the works for six years now and literally millions of miles put on their test cars. I think they'll be fine.

more paid shilling

2017 12km on the odo. It's fast and feels well made. Infotainment shit is clunky and you need to learn how to use the dial to browse through music. Touch screens aren't very accurate so navigating lists is out. Transmission is still the ancient 7 speed from 08 with what feels like higher line pressure and I'm assuming stronger components. Upgraded from a G37, feels like there is 100 lbs/ft more torque in the turbo 3L. Don't get the extra driver aids, they all use the rear brakes, even if you get the meme steering option. Apparently from talking to the service advisor it eats brakes if you get the aids. I went with the normal steering and saved the $1000. Doesn't have a LSD, uses the rear brakes again to move the torque around (P1 does the same thing). Engine is insanely underrated from the factory. It's documented to be closer to 375whp or around 450 at the crank.

>that interior
ki blind fan

100% retard

kek

u make a point

You must be new here. People bitch about having to get a $5k-$7k loan. Don't compare these poorfags to people who can afford a $70k car on paper but choose to not live poor to afford these nice $70k cars and end up having it repo'd. Thinking a bank is going to give a pleb on here a $40k loan let alone a $70k loan is ridiculous.

Kia/Hyundai-

Listen, you can shrill this thing and your brand on a
North Korean anmie game board all you want. You certainly have the internet marketing funds to do so. There has been months of this "Kia/Hyundai/Genesis is cool and desirable" bullshit.

But here are the facts: Kia/Hyundai are vehicles that are purchased second-hand by high school graduates currently majoring in wait staff and cocktail preparation services while hoping for something better to come along. New Kia/Hyundais are purchased by parents who want a new car for their high aged kids because no one will care when it almost certainly gets wrecked by the new driver. Genesis is the biggest loser brand of them all-- "affordable prestige for those who want to play lookitme, but cant afford it.".

No one desires a vehicle with blatant ripoff styling that 100% resembles another brand's vehicle that came on the market 2 years earlier (Cadenza - Passat, etc...). They buy them because they cant afford the extra $100/mo that the real thing would cost them, but want something new.

Inevitably, Hyundai/Kia/Genesis own the low ground. They are throw away utility cars. Little wonder when I am cut off in traffic it is by a vaping Hyundai/Kia driver texting/facebooking/tindring on their government-sponsored tracking device while waving their head and hands to some disposable pop drivel from the under-powered radio.

Want to see a car worth aspiring to? Here you go. No internet marketing department required. Audi, BMW and Benz have similar offerings, too.

Kia/Hyundai/Genesis, screencap this and take it to the next internet marketing standup meeting.

Beloved icons that tend to be used as benchmarks for the golden era of imports.

Not my thread. I'm the guy with the Cobra that wants to buy the Stinger GT.

Uh-huh. You keep being a faggot. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't be as much of a faggot as you want to be, user.

Get the fuck outta here. And stop being such a faggot.

Uh-huh. Sure.

What car?

Someone hasn't seen the Stinger interior yet.

> you, you haven't.

> he aspires to a Kia

>Having a Cobra
>Wanting a Stinger
>making fun of people who can't get a loan to afford a Stinger

m8 don't you know
kia is baller now

I bet u don't know this but I get Stingers - COMPED - like u go to Publix.

I don't know. I have one and it's great. I got the 2.0t. It has more horsepower, nicer interior, and a better sound system than the gt86 for cheaper. Not sure what he meant by this.

> nobody could possibly like something I don't like, must be shills trying to sell me a car that no one would give me a loan for because I'm poor
ftfy

(You)
Betty gud. I've been looking at the 2014 normie models lately because they're cheap, and my main concern was if I'd be missing much on the new 3.0t over the older 3.7. If they're really that punchy I think I'll step up to the newer engines, maybe wait a few more months and see how far down depreciation takes them. Probably won't end up with a red sport because I'm too Jewish but maybe the underrating applies to the regular 3.0t too.

I wouldn't own a Kia or Hyundai save for the Stinger. I'm currently looking for a sports sedan because I can't stand to drive boring cars. And the Stinger is just appealing as it suits all of the things I'm looking for in a daily driver. Performance, esthetics, luxury. So, it looks like I'll get a Stinger GT. Unless you can recommend something better for around $40k-$45k.

I'm not making fun of poorfags. I'm simply saying that it's dumb as all hell to think shills would be marketing a $40k+ car to anyone on this board.

See, and that's the 2.0t, not even the 3.8L. Though, after some time shit will rattle in a Genesis coupe. Shit is kind of cheap.