Snap-On is not a meme, it's the real fucking deal. AvE confirmed this today

Snap-On is not a meme, it's the real fucking deal. AvE confirmed this today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wN_y12IKuH0
youtube.com/watch?v=y3HIqK6H7oU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Snap on is really only great for the warranty really. Pretty decent tools though.

No one is arguing that snap-on tools aren't great, it's that paying mortgaging your home for a toolbox is a fucking meme

You don't need it if you're just a DIYer but if you're a professional technician, snapoff/matco/mac tools are a must have for the warranty and quality of the tools.

>snap on merchant rubbing hands at at incridbely hihg speed

What's Veeky Forumss opinion on Bahco?

>the warranty
The Snap-on guy is worse than a car dealership in terms of warranty compliance.

This.

>$25,000 for a tool box

"Oh but it's the only one they'll ever need to buy."

>Spend $3,000 on a DeWalt tool chest instead
>lasts 30 years

>spends remaining $22,000 on hookers and blow, dies happy

I didn't know they made so many other tools, all I own from them is a folding saw for camping. Works very well.

Snap on is comfy af

You're probably a beaner then.

>people actually spending 10 3k civics worth of money on tool boxes
When I used to post on garage journal a lot I'd always laugh at guys that would spend like 3k on just a cart that were being, it was hilarious.

>not buying 8 harbor freight 44's instead

How's your mom doing KKK? Got any fresh pics of her?

Learn 2 English paco

>reaching max tool-breaking torque
>they were all around the same level
Mac was clearly the best

unless you are in a bay for 9 hours a day, they are totally a meme. harbor freight is really all 99% of hobbyist car guys need.

>calls the $20 husky garbage for the money because it has a few more degree arc swing than the other ratchets that are $175

I was triggered desu

what was the conclusion?
they were all as strong as they should be
but mac had the tightest ratchet action
#2 was snap on
#3 was pittsburgh (close to snap on)?
#4 was husky

it kills me that these benchracing gearfags honestly think they need an insanely expensive ratchet to tighten bolts on some lady's Corolla or their own rusted piece of shit Miata

they're just using an impact wrench for 90% of the shit they do, and the other 10% doesn't matter

>The Snap-on guy
There's more than one Snap On guy

>just a few more degrees!
Yeah, in a fine tooth ratchet, it's 300% sloppier than a good ratchet

He's just comparing them, I don't think cost really went in to it. Hes a bumble fuck after all

Your asshole is 300% sloppier than a good asshole.

And if the Husky one breaks you can drive 10 minutes to Home Depot, return it on the spot for a brand new one, no questions asked.

When the Snap-On one fails, you'll need to call your local Snap-Kike and he'll ask you to document the damages, describe them in a 5,000 word essay, send the tool off for inspection by some four-eyed chink in a service center half a world away, then 10 weeks later receive your """repaired""" tool.

I don't think you have ever spoken to a Snap On rep in your life.

>shilling for the SnapOn merchant

Trying to justify your $900 combination wrench that you use once every 6 months, eh faggot?

I like Craftsman™ only at Sears™ better

Are they anything like this actual Snap-On rep? Because he seems like the kind of guy who lets Tyrone rail his wife.

youtube.com/watch?v=wN_y12IKuH0

>crapnig
lol

I've had many tool reps from all the major brands, never had a warranty not being honored issue with any of them, nor has anyone I know. If someone's livelihood is selling expensive tools on the back of a warranty they obviously aren't going to give you a hard time about the warranty. I see I was correct, why comment on something you know nothing about?

ive been using a 120 pc stanley walmart kit for almost 15 years. its nothing fancey but good enough for shadetree maintenence

Does anyone have air tools at home? Best purchase I ever made was a compressor and a few air tools

They are only good if you are a mechanic for a living. Lifetime replacement, good quality, good fitment etc. Snap-On isn't the only tool to buy but it's a great option if you are a professional.

>ratchet used literally every day for hours for 10 years
>perfect every time
>good amount of ratchet teeth for tight work that you do every day
>10 years later it finally breaks
>"Hey man, this broke, can you replace it?"
>"It'll be here in two days."

Or be shop boy
>buy harbor freight shit
>constantly strips bolts because of shit quality
>breaks every 6 months
>spent at much buying them as just buying a snap on
>constant down time from having shit tools

If you work on flag, you need good tools. The tool boxes are a meme. Until you have one loaded down with 1k+ lbs of tools and have to move it. And a fucking wheel snaps off. And the drawers don't slide open/closed because you open them 10000 times a day.

>I've had many tool reps from all the major brands

I bet you have, and I see this user was correct Now be a good little shill and shut the fuck up, no one likes you.

Are some Snap-on guys reasonable about the warranty? I heard they all have to go the process now where they interview you about what happened, check purchaser identification, etc.

They're complete heebs about it, fartbreaker works as a washmonkey detailing cars.

The worst part about the cheap boxes is the layout/drawers sizes, they need to just copy real toolboxes, I can live with not great slides/casters/construction, but not with useless drawer sizes

If a Snap On rep isn't reasonable about warranty in 2017 he is out of business, nobody is buying big boxes anymore and more shops are going to built ins, all they have is good support. IDK where you heard your info but it sounds like it's from someone who has never dealt with Snap On, like most posters in this thread

I just don't want to fuck up the interview and have the warranty declined. Any pointers?

Thats kinda funny, because it was the proto that survived the longest at 345ft-lbs. and the snapOn died at 338.

suck their dick, that's what heartbreaker does

like he said, he's never had issues with warranties being honored

Sure.
Step 1: bring tool to Snap On guy
Step 2: he replaces it

"I was working on a car and it broke, now get my fucking replacement asshole."

Never admit to using adapters, breaker bars, or pipes. For example if a 3/8" drive socket is busted, say "I picked up my regular-length 3/8" drive ratchet and put on the socket. Then I tried to remove the nut with one hand and the socket just broke."

Meanwhile I've put about a thousand footpounds on a 3/4 drive bar and it wasn't even flexing.

Why even care about 3/8s? just go 1/2.

Our local Snap-On guy is cool as fuck. Our shop isn't even on his route but he'll come by if we text him and warranty shit he never sold us.

>"It'll be here in two days."
>Not having five on the truck at all times
Your tool guy is shit.
And what box doesn't have ball bearing drawers these days? Even the US General boxes from HF have ball bearings.

No tool rep in history has actually asked for a story of what happened. It's not up to tool reps to accept or decline a warranty. They are a franchise operator. For warranty claims they send it back to Snap On. They don't give a single fuck why it broke. Use your brains.

my old shop foreman, this was his 2nd replacement FHLF80A. Never used a pipe or anything like that on it, he's the guy who taught me how to wrench. By no means did he gingerly use the ratchet, it was used all the-fucking-time but he didnt use pipes or hammers on his tools.

i had a snappy 1/4 drive ratchet screw off on me, told my dealer and he had replacement guts the same day. Otherwise i had a pretty good experience with snappy tools, other than them being expensive as fuck.

>they send it back to Snap On.
Apparently it is a huge hassle for them and if Snap-on rejects the claim then they eat the cost.

holy fucking shit how hard was he yanking on that? use a solid ratchet or a breaker bar for fuck sake

I've got the same ratchet except in orange. Its my only "full size" 3/8ths ratchet. When i was pulling a trans, thats what i used. using a 1/2 drive ratchet or breaker bar is sometimes too big or inconvenient depending on where you're at.

Of all of the 3 ratchets he's used, none of them had gear or 3/8ths snub issues, they all failed at the pivot point where the handle meets the head. Granted, he's not retarded. He's not torquing axle nuts or whatever else that required HIGH numbers with the 3/8ths ratchet. Usually not even suspension components, that'd be done with an impact swivel and an impact gun.

>apparently
Apparent to who?

This is how 90% of warranties work unless it's something like a "no-hassle" or "no quibble" guarantee, meaning you get satisfaction in-store.

But most warranties either force you to deal directly with the company, or through one of their reps. The rep has a guide on how to apply the warranty and the company's approach for reimbursement, same as any warranty. If the rep just takes back anything and offers up a replacement, his parent company is going to get pissed that he's costing them money and not following the terms correctly. Then he eats the cost. I used to be a store manager for a hardware company, this is how our warranties worked with most tools. People would absolutely abuse the shit out of them and destroy them, then bring them in and be all "hurrr durr I was just hanging a picture frame and the drill caught fire durrr" when clearly they were using it to drill through granite.

You don't know everything heartbreaker, even though you like to think you do.

>well um I think this is how it works and apparently rumor has it and I've heard that this
Do you have any experience with Snap On or not? Can you cite a single source of warranty claims being difficult with Snap On?

I know a guy who is a Snap-on Rep and he says the warranty process is very time consuming and makes him no money.

I had 3 SnapOn socket wrenches where the selector switch broke.

I never had any other wrench break like that. Ever.

SnapOn is shit.

except air tool and electric tools, which carry a 1 (or 2 year) warranty, snap-on hand tools are covered by a lifetime warranty.

I've talked to my snap-on dealer a fair bit about shit like this. He's required to hold onto a warrantied part for X period of time, after X days have passed he is free to discard the part. If snap-on wants the part, for either inspection to figure out why it failed, or if they're doubting the dealer, they'll reimburse him for the shipping and they will request the part.

Hell, he's giving me rebuild kits for snap-on ratchets made in the 70's for free.

pic semi-related

Why would a warranty claim make him money? Where would the money come from? Of course it doesn't make any money. It's part of their job because if they didn't warranty tools nobody would buy them, it's the primary reason people buy tools from them to begin with.

>The Snap-on guy
This is why I prefer an over-the-counter warranty replacement like at Harbor Freight. They just don't give a crap.

go to a snap-on dealer and they'll give you replacement guts for the ratchet. Rebuild kits include everything internal, usually not the back plate though.

pic related

If people don't make money on an activity then they are going to do it half ass or try to get out of it.

I've got a pretty good mix of snap on, mac, mastercraft and craftsman. After 15 years in the trade a few things ive noticed are my Mac and craftsman wrenches will slip occasionally, everyone's sockets work the same. Snap on air tools while not having the most power tend to have nicer operation and generally feel nicer when I use them. My snap on dealer has been great and never denied my warranty.

They don't make money driving from shop to shop, they have to buy gas + wear and tear on the truck, yet they still do it. Why? Because that's how they sell tools. Just like the warranty. If they don't warranty tools nobody will buy them, and they will make no money at all. Think before you post.

>tfw dad's big snap on chest was lost in the fire and they weren't able to get it out :(

the point is that it keeps breaking cause its shit quality.

My Craftmans 3/8th wrench only broke once when I tried to use it instead of a half in to remove a stuck lugnut.

>lost in a fire
>completely non-combustible
You got swindled.

PLUS the Snap-on had twice the slop of the MAC

Meme CONFIRMED

the entire shop burned down :(
I mean there is insurance but it's not the same.

>fuck up the interview
Tell him to replace the tool or you're going straight to corporate.

He'll laugh and give you the 1-800 number. That's what our guy does unless we bought the tool from him.

lol nothing worse than when people think they can complain to "higher ups"

>I wanna talk to your manager!
>I demand to speak with your supervisor!
>tell me who I can talk to that can sort this out!
>I've been a customer for blah blah blah

Shut the fuck up cunt. You bought their meme-tier product, deal with it.

You first. Why should he care if the company feels like they are being cheated or not? If they made quality tools then they wouldn’t have to worry about them breaking all the time and then subsequently worrying about people scamming the company. They simply wouldn’t break in the first place if they were of any decent quality, and then wouldn’t need to resort to total cuck shit like interviews to make sure they weren’t losing money.
Jesus, tripfags really are complete idiots.

what exactly do you have? how much was it all? do you use it for more than just car stuff?

Not all of them are shit, just most of them. heartbreaker is especially bad, he's an insecure little know-it-all faggot who literally details cars for a living and LARPs as some supercar mechanic

fucking tripfags

keep your stick in the rice

wait a second
wasn't heartbreaker a tripfag on /k/ that posted lewd pics of his retarded sister for attention?
it's been a while

Snap-on is great. Expensive as all hell, but great.
I have never had an issue with warrantying anything with Snap-on. The Snap on 1-800 number simply asks for the part number, apologizes for the inconvenience and next day ships me a brand new one.

Tool Truck is the same way it usually goes some like: "hey Ted my _____ broke, can you warranty this?"
"yeah for sure, no worries. Do you want a flier?"

Snap-ons warranty is the bomb my dudes, and their tools are too. I'd stay away from their cordless stuff, but their hardline stuff is second to none.

Snap-on dealers are like car dealers. You just want one that will fuck you nice and sweetlike sometimes rather than giving it to you in the ass without spitting on it first. In reality dudes only get snap-on because it's expensive and it used to be good. Go with Ridgid or Milwaukee for your power tools and DeWALT for your hand tools and you'll be fine.

Harbor Freight is really all you need if your just a Sunday wrencher/hobbyist.

However, my Father is a mechanic by trade and he told me that when he retires, he's giving me all the Snap-on/Craftsman stuff he's accumulated over four decades. Sure the warranties are not transferable, but they're still good tools.

>AvE
top pleb

An intelligent man buys $100 boots that last 5 years, he has good boots for 4 years and then old boots for one.
A stupid man buys $20 boots every year, but at the end he spent the same amount and wore crappy boots everyday.

Other Veeky Forums guys watch uncle bumblefuck too! Sweet!

Really fucking hoping people don't start spouting AvE vernacular like it's fucking tumblr.

Skookum choocher!

The warranties are in fact transferable

Yeah thanks.

BILTEMA
gold standard of Scandinavia

Snapped a 3/8 ratchet in one day. Garbage. You might be weaker than me though

How is that dealership still alive? Mazda's do better in the area and even they're struggling

>made in the USA (Mexican)

Having worked in first a speedshop/machine shop and then running a mechanics shop (both utilized Snap-On), I can attest to Snap-On. While their quality is good (not great but good) having a rep and their warranty is very valuable. In some instances I found Cornwell to be better but overall the shop I lasted worked in was about 80% Snap-On tools. I also used their Mitchell1 software and while sometimes cumbersome and dumb setting it up and using it, I found it to be very layered and functional in regards to specs, diagrams, procedures, account parts ordering, estimating/RO's, taxes, etc, etc etc. Snap-On sure does love to get paid but overall I think they are bretty gud.

Also they had a cool little shindig in Kenosha for their anniversary not too long ago...they had a professional drifter demo/giving rides to employees/family. I didn't get to go (I had to run the shop) but my boss did and he said it was cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=y3HIqK6H7oU

Craftsman has a transferable warranty, and so does Snap-on!

I've got a bunch of hand-me-down SO stuff, I just called the 1-800 number, and they sent me replacement ratchet kits in the mail, didn't even charge for shipping.

Gearwrench master race over here

protip: they make more than wrenches

Also, I do enjoy the snap on tools I have though. My 3/8ths battery impact is still a beast ten years later. Battery life is shit, but that's what a spare battery is for

Snap-On tools are unnecessarily heavy. Not fun if you have to work on cars for longer than 10 minutes a day.

Not time but you can get an 8 gallon compressor for $40 or a 25 gallon one for about $100. Hose and hose reel for 50 from hazard frought... And the air tools themselves are cheap as fuck. I have a blow gun for cleaning, tire filler, impact wrench, die grinder, some nail guns and a cutoff tool. Overall the nail guns are the most useful but I use it for woodworking/carpentry. After that the blow gun is surprisingly nifty

Where the hell are you getting air compressors for so cheap?

no but im thinking about getting a 50$ electric impact

*not him
And craigslist. Both I got in houston. I waited about a week to find each. Just did a quick search for newest listings every night. The $40 was harbor freight but never used. The $100 was an oilless craftsman I bought from a sketchy mexican, but hey, it hasn't blown up on me yet

Jeez used compressors always sketch me out. And unless the HF one was sealed, I could see someone swapping out the tanks since those are the things that rust over time