/owg/ - Overwatch General

Pain is an excellent teacher edition

New Assault Map: Horizon Lunar Colony is live!
youtube.com/watch?v=JIsDXT8Xl8I
>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20812212
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Hero tips, tricks, and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Please post pictures of Hana Song!

>Source/Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal Stats / Leaderboards
overbuff.com/
masteroverwatch.com

>eSports Info and Contenders League
over.gg/
gosugamers.net/overwatch
overwatchcontenders.com/

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/euWfTiYwRB0
rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2233819
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Talon

This is your tank for the night

Bloo will be a must pick on Horizon

>win matches, gain ~45 SR
>lose matches, lose ~20 SR
brb taking the escalator to GM
and I'm not even playing mercy or torb

Life is pain

So is death

youtu.be/euWfTiYwRB0

Why are Koreans so good an Overwatch, do you get pussy in Korea for being good at video games?

I'M TIRED OF HAVING TO PLAY WINSTON BECAUSE THIS STUPID FUCKER IS IN EVERY GAME

They're just bored
And they have good work ethic to practice it.

>it's another Blizzard doesn't understand map design episode
Could've done without this update honestly.

why do my duel statistics only show my amount of wins and not losses

Literally yes
Lunatic Hai gets a whole auditory of fangirls every time they play

F

>be torb
>be op
>molten core makes it literally impossible to push
wow, fair

Post ___Sombra__ lewds

I hope I can keep up with healing her

>Hog nerfed
Give me one good reason why I shouldn't elo terrorize as Widow?

frech oc. 100 hours in mspaint
>can't even kill a hooked tracer now

neutering hog was still worth

Horizon is fucking great, what are you talking about?

Don't do that.

Can someone tell me the leaks on Hammond? Apparently someone shared it here.

Are you implying hog was some sort of counter to widow or something?

>Reaper's new life-steal

Fortunately for me, I enjoy playing Winston and mining Genji salt from shitters separately, getting both at once is just a plus. I figure the good ones will learn to deal with monkey anyway though.

rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2233819

how the fuck is the roadhog nerf relevant for that, widow is hardly ever in hook range anyway

if anything the reduced head hitbox means widow is not as good against hog as she used to be

and now that a friendly hog is not there to keep enemy winston and dva in check you are going to get fucked hard as widow by them

Why do people have to put their retarded fidget spinner mania fucking EVERYWHERE?

But it isn't. Probably one of the worst maps Blizzard has released so far.

Literally worse if he 1v1s a support now
40hp heal over time vs 50hp on kill

So what he fuck happened to the sound?

Not just on the new shitty map, but the sound is completely fucked since the patch.

Every post-release map and hero has been complete shit.

Dunno mate , I got 51 % of eliminations playing him last games
Please explain your opinion

Unless the support self-heals a bit

WTF is up with this season? Every game my teammates are idiots. It feels like the only way to play now is with a 6 man team.

blizz being blizz

Uuuu...?

nobody cares anymore

Daily reminder for TF2 cucks to fuck off to their dying game and stop plaguing this general with their childish whining

It's the low gravity mode that is bugging out

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---

what the fuck is the point of seeing stats for duel if i cant see something as basic as my overal winrate

>mfw only a matter of time before babbies cry about another hero

> a whole auditory

>all the """"good"""" hog players are giving up on him cause they can't press 2 buttons to win
>now they can't instalock him and I can use that kino dps

>it's another map where defenders basically have free reign because its so fucking huge even if they all get wiped they'll just respawn at the point

e p i c

this game desperately needs longer respawn times

The forum has been demanding Pharah's head for a while now.

>do my first placements with a friend
>play dps for most of them while he plays zen
>he was 1770 season 2 hasn't played since
>finish with 6/4
I get placed 2600 and he gets placed 1100
yo what the fuck. could our play have been THAT different? he seemed to be doing fine to me

pretty sure playing kino dps is even worse now because hog nerfs are indirect buff to dva

you're about the 5th person I've seen today to make this joke, congratulations

"New maps out! Oh my god I'm so excited!"
>2 rounds of defense
"Fuck this, I'm playing mystery heroes."

This map is impossible to defend. There's at least 6 points of entry for both control points. Here's hoping an overwatch developer lurks these threads (though I doubt it). Nerf Symm and bring back CTF.

>Please explain your opinion
It's shit and not fun to play, that's all you need to know it's crap. Blizzard map design isn't already that amazing, them spewing out another low quality reskin is quite disappointing.

git gud

hey guys you know the vacuum cleaners on the new map...
they look like fidget spinners lmao

I only ever used him as an anti-barrier + M2ing flanking harassers + stop ults pick so I'm perfectly happy. I just wonder if people aren't going to instalock him anyway and just shit the bed.

Threads are popping up left and right, sounds just slowly fade away and don't come back, just did a game and every sound was muted but my own attacks

Nice patch, Blizzard.

>Shitters already complaining about new map not having enough chokepoints for their taste
not an argument

so we're in agreement that roadhog is balanced and only shitters are upset about this patch?

lmao

I feel she is next. Kids found out about her and are abusing her power at an alarming rate.

What can we do to save our Cosmic Space Queen?

Why is Overwatch responsible for for world problem in the game's lore? Better question, why should we even like any of the "good guys" to begin with. Think about it, if you were someone in Europe and a time can was getting better rights than you, wouldn't you feel a bit more than pissed off?

>defending route 66
>enemy team sets up a torb turret, bastion, orisa, and reinhardt on the payload
>has a genji with pocket mercy running around getting picks
How do you counter this when your team is a bunch of uncoordinated solo queues that dont use team chat?

>it's shit because I say it's shit
small-brain arguments

My SR steadily dropped with Zen even though he's by far my highest competitive and QP winrate, and the character I always get compliments on. I basically have to rank up with 76 and Winston to play Zen.

uuu...wuuu...

New map isn't bad but its still a shame they wasted the low gravity to such a small corner of a map

She is already hardcountered by new Reaper and even retards can play him
Source:me

Good. Fuck her mile long gun that goes around corners and through walls.

>turn on reduce buffering
>can actually hit things with cowboy man
Thanks bliz

>caring about lore in a multiplayer fps

Symmetra supports modern day slavery canonically, so she deserves it honestly.

Chokepoints are shit and the only way to balance Overwatch characters due to their sloggy movement speed is chokepoints a shitton of cover. There's a reason why almost every map in this game has a clear and distinct chokepoint, 50% of the map is never used.

fuck

that doesn't explain why two people who duo'd all their placements together ended up 1600 SR apart

Sombra
Although if your team is really as bad as you say you'll probably lose anyway

>What can we do
Rejoice as she becomes a dumpster pick

Team Mom and team dad best ship! Reaper is the cool edgy uncle

>people acting like OW character are cool
>lore is shit

Fucking pick one already, god dammit.

>it's good and you're wrong because I say it's good and you're wrong
You apparently hold blizzard map design at a high pedestal to make your counter-claim.

Has anyone else not been able to play the new map yet?

i can find the way the characters look cool without giving a single shit about the lore or their background

>you will never console junkrat during the death of his best friend

That's the thing, you can like any character you want for whatever reason you want. They are all supposed to be "realistic" in terms of being relatable someway. Even the cleat cut "villains" are multi layered. Sombra might be fighting to help the world. Reaper is simply dealing with an internal crisis just like S76 and Ana are. And Widow was brainwashed.
The world doesn't need Overwatch, it needs heroes. That's the main narrative of the story.

>like the way characters look and their voices
>think the lore is boring shit

There you go.

Is it impossible to get duplicates in this thing

>look up Tracer Rule 63
>they're all generic beefcakes
welp

>dead ship is somehow the best

You're not retarded, but thinking that way isn't all that smart either.

Just hook wounded character. That's literally all you need to do, you still can oneshot them if they are slightly below 200 hp

It doesn't explain it, but it's another example of the underlying problem.
Blizzard attempts to have the system evaluate performance against statistical metrics of the heroes, which opens the door for all kinds of problems.

Please don't cry.

I would do it if I could! Losing a friend is horrible and it's much better to have someone to be there for you!

This is Roadhog, say something nice to cheer him up after nerfs.

Tracer would resemble a twink if he was male, and would probably end up putting so many dudes in denial for being gay.

>one shotting a wounded character
>one shotting
>ONE

READING COMPREHENSION NIGGA

>J-Just hope that the person you hook is already dead, that way they don't taunt you with voicelines and say hello

giving shit about lore in a game like this that is not at all story driven is autistic

I can only carry so much weight. My entire team had +1700SR, i.e. faggots like you. You git gud.

I never said it's good, and I'm not the guy you were originally talking to. I'm just telling you that you can say "it's another 22cp maps where you either get snowballed or you attack for 7 minutes and never get a tick" and you would have an argument.

Saying "it's shit because it's shit" is a small brain argument

Whats the point

You are still my favorite character and I don't regret getting your golden shotgun.

One day I hope we can ride again ;_;