Hey guys, so im pretty new to the stock trading buiseness. and i would like to know...

hey guys, so im pretty new to the stock trading buiseness. and i would like to know, if you have a symbol tha all of a sudden goes 15% upwards or downstairs, how exactly can you cash in on that?

buy the dip sell the tip
easy money nerd

but if i bought the tip at that example, how would i know it will go down again?

whoops wait i fucked that up, if i SOLD the tip i mean.

here is an example. i bought in right now but how would i know it will go down again?

See the part where you went wrong is you bought at the tip, when you should have bought at the dip.

but how would i know that such a jump is imminent? thats my question.

also i used the wrong terminology. what i did was i sold at the tip. but that was after the sudden jump. i want to know a) how do i know such jump will come and b) how do i cash in AFTER such a jump?

You don't, that's why it's gambling

Dude we're just a bunch of retards on the internet gambling away thousands of dollars on memes, you expect us to know how any of this shit works? What you're looking for is insider information and that shit lands you in federal butt-fuck prison if you get caught.

ok and why does my provider offer an own tab for symbols that had a sudden jump, implying you can cash in on that?

>plus500
been there done that

You'll end up losing money, stop while you still can listen to my advice.
using plus500 is fancy gambling if the stocks drop down a certain percantage all of your money will be lost, you can't hold the stocks there.

i see. that answers question a). but question b) and c) are still open.

PS: why do you get jail time for knowing something a company will do and thus you but your right cards into the right place?

what would you advise?
ive been contemplating using something else but the automatic close at a certain percentage is exactly why i wanted this in the first place. i dont want to make debts.

if you're from the US go to the robinhood general maybe they will help

im from germany.

you should know im not from the US since plus 500 doesnt operate there.

you need to amass huge knowledge on the company and learn how to read markers and follow their reports and others analysis, follow up by watching patterns, volumes of shares being bought and sold, and other market conditions.

Or you flip a coin based on their current share value and hope that it goes up in the future.

Then you sell it when it is up.

that answers question a) once again. the question is, why does plus 500 have an own tab with companies that had a jump? it implies it is somehow important because you can make money with it, no?

draw a line through the graph. Left to right, if it goes up invest if it isn't don't. shitty beginner strategy but it has made me quite a bit of money.

To clarify: Did you buy after the spike?
To determine where the price will move in the future we make inferences based on what is seen in historical data.
Look at the context. This company just released a review of strategic alternatives, which opens the possibility of things like acquisition or management changes that could boost shareholder value. Demand for the stock increases and so does price.
On the 5 day chart, there are two periods of a sudden rise and consolidation. The first small one is testing the resistance. Resistance was too weak to decrease the price so it traded flat. This shows that there is support at the higher price level. The second, larger spike happens because traders are more confident and wait longer to take profits. It could make a third run, but it will probably be smaller.
On the year chart, there is steady decline all year until a recent reversal of that trend to a more upward trend.

buy SGBY and let it fly

The price you see is the last price a trade executed at. Take the perspective of other market players, think why are they doing that? If price is moving up it means people are willing to pay more to get shares because they want them badly. If price moves down it means people want to sell fast and are willing to take less to get rid of their shares.
Also remeber the market usually underreacts to good news and overreacts to bad news.