/dg/ - Destiny General

>>>NEWSRESET INFO

Other urls found in this thread:

bungie.net/en/News/Article/12125/7_update-101---patch-notes
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page
google.com/search?q=Eagle heraldry&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbx7qhmc7UAhVLRCYKHd5aCI8Q_AUICigB&biw=3072&bih=1619
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey, check it out, we actually hit the bump limit for once

I only had to strategically bump the thread like, 5 times!

but at what cost

>Mayhem Clash
FUCK
YES

fifth for extremely feminine women getting fucked hard rather than extremely feminine men

What are the best-looking warlock robes, in your opinion?

meh, i've never liked my robes as a warlock.

>Scaffolding guy now changed his story to say he's a developer.

Desperation is a dangerous thing.

degenerates. the whole lot of you still here for no reason. sort yourselves out.

He didn't ask if you liked them you illiterate fucking moron, he asked which one looks the best.

>no reason

who pissed in your parliaments

>Some guy asks what the best looking robe is.
>Your first instinct is to bitch and moan how you don't like them.
>Ask others why they're pissy.

Literally cease your material existence.

posting anime avatars and discussing traps instead of destiny is a reason for most faggots here

blow my hole

balloons are not aloud in this thread.

consider suicide

I'm going to be picking up Destiny 2 when it drops but haven't experienced this gameplay before, question: Do Titans naturally have better defensive properties like damage reduction or greater HP over other classes or is all that armor just for show?

All that armor is just for show.

All three classes have the same possible HP and Defense.

You're mostly just deciding on abilities you want to have.

he didn't bitch and moan, you did

>He didn't bitch and moan
>You did

>He didn't bitch and moan
>user asked "What's the best looking warlock armor"
>Start crying about how you don't like them.
>Not bitching and moaning

>You did
>Telling someone that he should stop crying
>You did

You're trying too hard, but here, have your (You).

Titans in Destiny 1 have a higher base Armor stat and higher maximum Armor, nothing spectacular but enough to tank a few attacks that other classes couldn't if you spec yourself out right
Destiny 2 is moving armor onto gear (specifically, Armor is an armor stat) instead of it being a character stat, and we don't know exactly how that works yet
it's a safe bet Titans will still have more armor on average though
also currently Warlocks have more Recovery (which speeds up health regeneration) and Hunters have more Agility (which speeds up walking and sprinting and increases jump height), and those stats will also be returning in Destiny 2 in the form of gear stats

let's compare the actual text:
>
>meh, i've never liked my robes as a warlock.
>
>He didn't ask if you liked them you illiterate fucking moron, he asked which one looks the best.
we have a "meh I don't like 'em" kind of response versus a "which one you illiterate fucking moron" kind of response
which one is bitching and moaning?

Cry more.

Not him but technically the one that completely ignored the point of a question and made it all about himself would be the one bitching and moaning. So the guy complaining he didn't want them. Since the guy criticizing him responded directly at the post instead of bringing himself up.

Eh? So which is which?

Good to know in any case. It seems like whatever the differences are it isn't enough to completely change the game. Hopefully D2 gear might allow more tank-like builds to work since I'm kind of sick of many different games going the "everyone is forced to dodge, even the fatbois" route lately. If certain pieces of Armor can affect Agility negatively in exchange for significantly exaggerated HP or DEF, that would be neat to see.

Stats are not what truly make the classes what they are, that would be the classes and their abilities. You would most likely like Defender.

think he meant to say subclasses and their abilities
Defender is a subclass of Titans
also HP is the same across the board, the stats affect how easily you lose it or gain it back, if that makes sense

>also HP is the same across the board
Except it's not, they only nerfed Titan HP if they ran max armor

Well that makes sense, no HP changes but only Armor and Recovery. Technically more HP is less of a boon than more Armor because Recovery is unchanged and has to go through more meat when it does come time to regen health.

I'll read up on the Defender subclass. That's D1 and D2 as well right?

>Except it's not,
I'll just wait for literally any proof.

No but okay, believe what you want. Scaffolding guy.

Literally check any wiki you newfag, base HP has always been different, you can feel it when you play any class.

>I don't have any proof.
Okay.

>also HP is the same across the board
>Except it's not
>Gets corrected
>All of a sudden magically the "base" qualifier is added to the argument.

And the goalposts shift yet again.

>check any destiny wiki
>not proof
It's not my fault you're retarded and can't easily tell the difference between a Hunter and Titan HP.

Seek medical help

Don't listen to the retard claiming its different.

Hunter maxes out at 200 HP, Warlock at 201, and Titan at 202. the scenario in which that 2 points difference would mean anything is literally less likely to happen than seeing another player in the no mans' sky.

Actually reading the wiki on it and it seems that "Armor" is the stat that directly controls the HP of health and shields, while "Defense" is the one that reduces incoming damage. Still not familiar with Destiny terms yet.

>no source

>Damage control.
>Still has no proof.
>Now blaming others for him not having any proof.
Lets face it, the only reason anyone uses "Go look it up" is an argument is because you were told you're wrong, you went online to find proof to shut the oposition up, and you couldn't find any proof supporting your claim. So now you're just going to paraphrase any criticism to make it look like you're not the one without the proof.

tl;dr You literally never had any proof, and wikis don't prove your statement.

bungie.net/en/News/Article/12125/7_update-101---patch-notes
>Health numbers are now normalized at a 200 base value (up from 175) to be easier for players to calculate.

>posting 2014 patch notes
Wow you sure refuted my point user

consider a bullet for breakfast

>large elements of lore are just going no where after D1
I'm fairly salty Bungo.

As opposed to nothing from you?

You're trying too hard.

There is a slight difference in stats depending on the class you choose. Titans do specialize in armor, but it isn't anything noticeable. Hunters with maxed agility are faster than any other class. I don't play warlock, so I don't know, but they are apparently the best for pvp and soloing shit because ot the bullshit abilities they can get. But really, it all comes down to what kind of abilities you're looking for. Titan abilities are focused around either full frontal offensive attacks, or defending and holding a point. Hunters specialize in things like picking off enemies or bringing them in close for the team to take out. Warlocks just have bullshit space magic. You can really pick anything you want, but protip: if you ever hope to be a genuinely good player, never pick warlock. That shit is for tryhards

I do like the look of that flaming exalted blade in the gameplay videos of the Warlock so far though. Probably will play Titan first since the Defender class looks like my preferred playstyle then create a Warlock and a Hunter, in that order.

>Crucible is 4man team max.
>That TFW when 4v4v4 faction wars.

Don't give it too much thought if you're planing to play Destiny 2 long term and not just leave after finishing the campaign.

Characters level fairly quickly and everyone ends up having all three.

>/dg/ arguing fervently
>it's actually about Destiny
everything went better than expected

If you really like warlock, then by all means do it. The only real problem is when you start being a metafag. The pvp generally favors warlocks, especially those running the meta, but D2 might change that

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page

The head on that bird in the new warlock logo is fucking disgusting, I can't believe this shit is going to be in the menu bar and I have to look at it every time I play warlock.

Good. Fuck warlocks.

it is disgusting
a lot of real-world heraldry used to use munted-looking eagles like that, it's supposed to communicate "don't fuck with me" IIRC

Fuck you

>a lot of real-world heraldry used to use munted-looking eagles like that
google.com/search?q=Eagle heraldry&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbx7qhmc7UAhVLRCYKHd5aCI8Q_AUICigB&biw=3072&bih=1619

I only know of like two, its amazing that with this many options they managed to pick one fuckign disgusting one.

And its across the board. The snake is too derpy, and Lion's tail lacks a lot of ornamentation considering the tail.

Its like nu-heraldry. Its like they were designed by a guy who is in a platonic relationship with his step-son's mother.

destiny 2 will save bungie

20 seconds in Paint

sexy

those Psions look insanely akin to Honor Guards [pic]

Wowww reused assets Bungie what the fuck

that's pretty fucking funny.

And the Cabal are giant Grunts.

Fantasy Halo isn't wrong to have though.

CUTE TIGHT AND PINK LIMP feminine NANOPHOENIX

What are you worried about for D2?

For me it's when they said this time round they built the pvp maps and then added the destiny coat rather than the other way round in D1.

The lag

I'm worried that it's similar to the first game since the first game is pretty shit

Anyone have a link to the Destiny 2 E3 press kit with all the latest 4K screenshots. Can't find it anywhere.

Raids being dumbed down

>building pvp maps for gameplay purposes rather than aesthetics is bad

Is this b8?

possibly no ammo+ perks on legendary armor
possibly only exotic weapons having more than a single good perk
possibly no substantial addition to character face options (if at all)
possibly changing the now infusion system
possibly weekly vendor rotation being removed
possibly nice customization stuff being behind micro-transactions
possibly 3rd subclass for [your class] being shittier than the stock 2
possibly 3rd sub-sub class not even existing
possibly [weapon type] not feeling right
possibly still no separate mode balancing
possibly no modifier strike playlist at launch
possibly not improving or just outright omitting player matchmaking restrictions in PvP
possibly no big team mode then possibly no larger maps
possibly weapon "mods" being nothing
possibly having less PvP maps because the specificity then possibly feeling like there's even less maps because gamemode restrictions
possibly only pick-from-range plus colors clan banners
possibly no more strike chests
possibly small as shit vault space
possibly [titan npc] dying
possibly even faggier shaders

possibly shallow vanilla content
possibly dead or low PC playerbase because wait
possibly no pushing forward of PC release date

you mean the maps might actually be good now? yeah that sounds terrible you're right

1/6 vog

Fun
kys
Oh yes
kys
Aesthetic is 50% of why the destiny pvp is fun. The previewed map already looked like some generic IW/ overwatch map. I don't want clean sterile maps.
Tfw didn't see shaxx in any preview content apart from flash backs.

Remember that time Destiny was gonna have furry people? Christ, what were Bungie thinking?

Warlocks will utterly dominate the pvp for the 4th year in a row

Fag

What makes the warlock dominate? Is it the double stickies? The flame shield? The supers?

regen pool maybe

Raids being simplified and dumbed down. Bungie still, somehow jewing us and not shipping with enough content. Patrols more or less feeling the same, Des poo item having far more to do. I'm afraid Adventures and Lost Sectors will be repetitive have offer shitty loot. Speaking of loot, one again, a lack of variety and just a bunch of reskins.

But my main concern is the simplification of gear and subclass system. Sure, getting rid of intellect, discipline and strength, helps equalize ability cool downs, thus, puts less emphasis on spamming abilities in Crucible. But then at the same time, that screws over PvE players. Now, that armor, agility and recovery are tied to gear, it's gonna make finding ideal gear drops more annoying. Personally, I prefer high armor. I like to be a tank. Now I'm at the mercy of RNG for my preferred play style.

Oh, plus, I really don't like the idea of skills being locked into "blocks" without being able to mix them however I want. Every subclass is relegated to two different ways to play. No choice, no options to fool around. It's one way or another. That lack of customization really irks me. It's an attempt to balance the game for PvP, but at the expense of a deeper PvE experience and just making the game more casual. Fuck that.

wtf i hate bungie now

reckon my 1060 and i5 will handle destiny 2 on medium lads

I'm pretty annoyed with the whole Destiny 2 thing. Like, I loved the first game and suck dozens of hours into it, but why are they making a whole new game? Why not just continue with expansions like they originally said? I'd even be willing to pay $60 plus the extra $ for a deluxe edition. I just want my character, shaders, emotes, gear, sparrows, etc to be able to be used in the new story. The whole thing lore wise is that the Cabal are attacking the Tower and the Guardians are defending, but why make it so instead of new players plus seasoned ones are defending, they're just having all the guardians be new players. Whats the fucking point of that?
plus I'm mad that ill be losing this baby once the Destiny 1 servers go down. I wont even be able to access it after then.

It has been stated that because they ditched the old consoles, they can further expand the areas we are able to play in, add more enemies per area, ect.
>also imagine the asspain if they came out with another expansion for d1

They should have just made it an mmo like they originally stated it was going to be. Remember when Destiny was going to last 10+ years?

>dozens of hours
cute. you are like baby

Anyone up for Supremacy or Control for bounties? Or fun? Maybe?

i think the subclasses are more about what your base abilities are (two archetypes per element so you aren't stuck using something you hate just to get the elemental advantage) and you focus your spec to what you want with ability augmenting gear and mods.

rng is the fairest way to distribute gear between players who play an hour a day and those who play 8 hours a day. having some kind of guaranteed drop just means everyone is going to get it done week 1 and everyone who comes week 2 or later is up shit's creek without some mercy.

>people were butthurt when D2 got pushed back in favor of another DLC
>people are butthurt that D2 is finally coming out, saying bungie might as well have released it as an expansion
You people might actually have brain damage.

>Group A has one opinion
>Group B has one opinion
>hurr you're all stupid
I have never understood this logic. It's obviously not the same fucking group, is it? What the fuck.

I have one opinion and you lumped a second, different one in with my post.
I want EXPANSIONS not SEQUELS.
There will never be a WOW 2 because why the fuck would there be? Same with Destiny, oh wait.

There were Everquest 2 and Guildwars 2. Not new.

they never said the first game was going to be updated for 10 years, they said they had a 10-year plan

Honestly nothing I've seen from D2 so far indicates to me that is anything more than a glorified expansion.

There is more content - just like an expansion. There are some minor systematic changes - just like an expansion.

What would have made it feel more like a sequel are some huge changes and some real advancement. Instead all they had to show off is "new patrols, new strikes, new raids, new crucible maps" - in other words, all the same shit. There aren't really any big technical changes, the graphics look more or less the same and there's still no dedicated servers. Worst of all, it looks to be about the same amount of content as D1 at launch (read: not much), and I'm guessing new content will come at the same glacial pace - and inflated cost.

What's worse, the changes they did make are kinda iffy. Two primaries instead of getting regular access to a special? Reduction of subclasses to two nodes that don't even really synergize or feel that different? "Guided games" instead of actual matchmaking? Repetitive lost sectors instead of something more random? Bizarre lore decisions instead of following up on and correcting their mistakes?

It's just an excuse to sell you all the same shaders and sparrows and emotes and shit all over again. They're selling DLC before the game is even out for Christ's sake!

Everquest 2 sold like shit though, despite coming out at the same time as World of Warcraft
Guild Wars is kind of a different beast, it has a modest following and it seems content with that

I'd argue that Guild Wars has more in common with Destiny than D with WoW or EQ.

EQ2 had a dedicated following, like LOTRO and D&DO (both still running I think).

It definitely seems like it could've been an expac. Lots of quality of life improvements they probably could've already made. Many other MMOs have totally ditched one skill system for another.

Maybe it's better to think about this like FFXIV:ARR? That D1 had a lot of short comings and instead of hacking them into an expac they just pointed all that work into D2?

I WANT TO IMPREGNATE YELLOWTEACUP!!!!!!!