Final Fantasy XIV - Stormblood /xivg/

Convenient DDoS excuse edition.

Network difficulties due to "DDoS":
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/dd506077db314182ddc2dc15b1d033d72da5630c

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/kFkd6CCq

Previously on /xivg/:

90k error my life please

FIRST FOR MANDERVILLE

I wanna be a samurai

Is there an inspector in the world as perfect as him?

I won the true end game

Do you think a baby giraffe and a potato can be a thing?

Whew, just in time! Have a good break everyone!

me too

Would anyone like to play some dota 2 during the maintenance?

how do you get up there? exploit?

stop doing this to me yoshi

pet lalas

I hate that bitch, she brings nothing to the Scion and she dares to order you around and being stuck up doing it.

I did that too on my server and just talked to people until servers went down

I just got home. I want to play videogames.

There is a legit mini jump game, but it's mini , and it was made by SATAN, i tell you, and there is a sight seeing log up there

>DDoS
Rauhban getting revenge?

You too. Persona 5 time

Did he do anything wrong?

I thought she was actually like super smart.

>We have confirmed that since Jun. 16th, we have been experiencing DDoS attacks* from an anonymous third-party targeting the FINAL FANTASY XIV game servers on the NA data center.
How true do you think this is? Or do you think it's just damage control from shit servers

What the hell do I do now

Not mini*

Way ahead of you, already in a game.

Honestly, besides his comical character, he was actually a VERY STRONG character and a true worthy reoccurring rival. It sucks that we fought him as a mindless beast more than an actual fighter who relies on his skills and tactics which he did originally.

We did it guys!

sup

You mean cumflation time, yeah?

no thots allowed

>WoW is at its lowest number ever and is introducing a patch around the same time FFXIV expansion hits
>They're notorious for being greedy and doing shitty things
>FFXIV suffers from heavy DDOS from "an unknown" source
hmm really makes you think

more likely some uber autist got butthurt about "muh parse" and "muh latency" with the server move and bought a DDOS attack from a botnet
If they actually got ddosd

i'm glad someone else feels the same way. that shit in the dungeon is fucked up,
and the voice actor really nailed the agonizing screams as he tries to kill you one last time.
I'm glad that steppy bitch is dead. or at least "dead"

Also to add to it if you wanna try it out , the start is on the bridge of the upper part of the first building you get in in Kugane , where the guy with glasses meeets you and where you get hunts , go to the upper part and then check on your left once you see the bridge :D

What are your guys thoughts on SB so far? Use spoiler tags if necessary!

>tfw used to be a SMN main
>my aoe, previously my best aspect, was gutted
>decided to try out RDM as a replacement
>having more fun than ever before
>realize that literally everyone is maining the class
>tfw always going to be a fucking meme class if I stick with this

Does buying the expac come with a month of sub, or is the real cost of the expac actually $55?

First time i want more Story Quests in an MMO, i really enjoyed SB story

Oh hey nice hair

But I don't wanna

Pretty happy with it, now that the MSQ isn't broken. I like most of the class changes and updates, and the content I've done so far has been pretty enjoyable.

It's a meme job, takes no skill and has no place in endgame

I wouldn't worry, RDM will definitely fall off as the expansion goes on. I don't think the class seems terribly hard or anything but a lot of "DRG mains" will drop it when they realize it's more caster than melee and people complain about them not using their utilities even if the final DPS rotation is simple.

It was great that the final boss was him and as Warhammer character at that. But my fists find no joy in slaying a mindless beast.

On a side note, I didn't actually expect to be moved by Gosetsu's death so much. He was a cool character, with a ton of death flags raised, but he died in such a shitty way. He got shot down by the worst possible fucking character where her backstory was "waaah my life sucks". If he died in other way, even just being crushed to death from the whole keep falling on him, that's fine. But now, he died from being shot then crushed, it downplays the weight of the keep if a man who just got shot four times can still hold it up for so long. I guess it also speaks about how powerful he truly was.

Also this is the best screenshot I've taken throughout the whole expansion.

why the fuck is he so strong...

Last time I tried to play I think I got to level 30 before getting sick and tired of forced story quests that were boring, uninteresting, dull, and nothing more than chores most of the time. I know they have no intention on fixing this since now they know they can charge people to skip it instead, but is HW/SB content really that much better to be worth it?

>get 60 rdm
>urge to sam raising

Got my Job Quest done right before the bell. Goodnight everyone!

>RDM will definitely fall off

meanwhile, it's parsing like ~20% better than any other DPS job right now

I literally DHCrit for ~20k earlier on a trial with Verflare

They are ridiculously strong when played right. Even if you're bumlbing around and doing nothing it's still 550~potency every GCD outside of burst windows.

It's one of the most disgusting fetishes ever and most unrealistic too.

My only real complaints are the server. People've been complaining about a lot of stuff but I'm happy with my class changes at least, playing WAR, MNK and AST.

Lyse annoys the fuck out of me but that's more my personal hate of idealistic white girls than a problem with the writing.

I was his only friend, he was my only friend.

I went in hoping for fantasy world war II and I got something that felt like fantasy world war II. Zenos was also a fun villain to fight. I'm reminded of how much I loved Heavensward at launch before the horrible mishandling of the endgame made me not like it very much.

thanks! i'll have to try it out sometime when i can ACTUALLY PLAY ASDFASDF and also after i hit 70 cause i'm already behind all my friends

cause he's level 70 you dang idiot

I don't know the numbers on the performance, I just don't think the player base for it will keep. SAM is probably going to be popular forever but when new class smell wears off I really don't think most of the pick ups are going to stick with RDM.

The class strikes me as being really unappealing for casuals going forward.

Probably one of my favorite expansions so far. Loving the look of the Gyr Abania locations, hoping Kugane will look just as good. Story's had some good twists.
Being humbled by Zenos made me moist

Content itself is fun, the three dungeons I've done so far have been surprisingly neat.

Server issues and this "DDoS" bullshit can fuck off.

And the spic forces his fetishes all the time like his diap loving friend.

Buying the fucking ARR skip is an amazing investment. ARR is awful but the HW story is amazing.

Yeah I genuinely don't understand why their short CD damage spell combined with dualcast legitimately outdamages a strong BLM move that would have more penalties and buff juggling to pull off.

Aero and Thunder need nerfs but the proc moves need buffs in comparison

is it jsut maintenance or patch?

Don't give up lala friend! And you should definitly not do it until you get MSQ and 70 done, this thing will take you many tries :D

Buying the ARR skip ensures that entire section of the game meant to draw in new players will never get fixed, only turning more and more people away as they learn they HAVE to do 100s of hours of boring shit story quests

i felt a million times worse for his death over housefarts's. I dunno if it's because i mained samurai this expansion, but all the build up for Hien and him in the steppes, followed by the drinking scene right before the attack on the castle pretty much confirmed that he was donezo before the expansion was ended.
He got his redemption arc with prince varian,
and i suppose that's good enough for me also this nigga able to tank an entire roof and several bullet wounds was some cool shit. goddamn i was not expecting more then one shot though. holy shit it felt like they would never end.

"hotfixes" even though theyre taking servers down for a restart

SE needs a damn dictionary

The actual motherfucker

Does he have any friends at all sans diap? Besides random anonymous bait posts.

Totally ruined by him and Yotsuyu still being alive on an island at the end

server up wen

The actual motherfucker

i am
f

Thanks, you too.
pic veri related

i hope they expand on it and make it worthwhile, like estinian near the end of sb i want my SAMdad back

hello

I still think Gosetsu surviving that shit is just Gosetsu being Gosetsu though.

He borderline has a deathwish and he just lives through shit anyway.

SERVERS UP

hey boy

WARNING IF YOU HAVENT FINISHED MSQ DONT READ THIS

wow is this ma'am?

Hardest class to easiest class!

Funnest class to most boring class!

Which melee DPS should I main for SB? Tanking is ruined so far.

Hautchefaunt's death was kinda random and out of nowhere honestly. It kinda just happened and he fell over. he was a neat dude and we had a good time hanging out but it was honestly, eh. Gosetsu's deathflag was raised many times honestly. We knew for a fact he would die, but before the attack where he admitted to wanting to kill himself several times was a lot more impactful. Then when it finally happens, we know that's how he wanted to go out, but we didn't want to let him go.

Wait, seriously? I had to skipped the ending since servers were going down soon and I wanted to fit in a few more runs before bed time.
But I guess it's not impossible, it was heavily hinted when they couldn't find any bodies.

>wake up from nap
>servers down
w e l p

So I've noticed that tanks have lots of aggro problems.

Did they change the aggro formula so that DPS actually need to use CDs to manage their threat, or are tanks just unaccustomed to the changes?

Maintenance is going to SAVE the Stormblood release, eliminate all the queues, and make error messages a thing of the past!

No. The pedophile spic will die.

Threadly reminder that Mateus is a dead as fuck server and you should never listen to that compulsive liar and manipulator's lies. He has an agenda for shilling the server.

Did content as PLD , haven't had a single threta problem even with my RDM buddy unleashing seven hells even though i'm not even hitting by second skill on the threat combo

But I ain't even tired

It's actually very lively.

>reading spoiler tags if you don't want to be spoiled
user...

part of me feels like they couldn't fit hauchefant in with the rest of the crew as well, so they basically just removed him entirely and played it off as a reason to keep fighting the church. gosetsu actually had a nice build up to dunking worst waifu and sacrificing himself to make sure the plan succeeded.

nobody actually transfers there, made an alt and saw for myself

he samefags his own posts with replies such as "mmm maybe i should transfer there" or "see you in game on mateus"

it's empty, fuck we need thread IDs here

Ninja

>$40 for expansion
>$15 for sub
>$25 for level skip
>$25 for story skip
If I want to play this game and not sit through boring bullshit I have to drop $105? What the fuck?

Greencat is cute and nice and I want to hold their hand and maybe play footsies someday

Totally

I already ended it, just that it seemed like people here were using spoilers tags for things they have already done but in their response it seemed they didn't end the MSQ actualy , just wanted to warn others

thissssss desu fuck
just play the game? whats wrong with you people

It's Okita.

Do BRDs and MCHs still have annoying openers? I don't mind difficult rotations in combat but I have a pet peeve against popping buffs before going into a fight.