American poster: I'm thinking about buying an R34 Skyline GTT when they become legal

>American poster: I'm thinking about buying an R34 Skyline GTT when they become legal

>Austrailian shitposter replying to thread: Oi Y WOULD YOU BUY ONE THEY AREN'T EVEN RARE HERE, EVERY LEBO DRIVES ONE U FACKIN CUNT

>caring about what Australians think
cmon my dude

I hate Aussies so fucking much

i really do

Fuck up cunt, these are gayshit cars, I see them dropping fat skids all the fucking time and every single one I see is a munted automatic. They're not even that fast, only the gtrs are and even then burgers will settle on gtst because muh toe gay

>only the gtrs are and even then burgers will settle on gtst because muh toe gay

There are already a bunch of R32 GT-R's in the US. And are you implying you can't run the togue with an AWD car?

bump

How much tho ?

R34 GTT's are cringe incarnate on wheels. Why would you ever own one. There are so many better cars for the same coin. I would hate to imagine the feeling of an R34 GTR pulling up at the set of lights next to me.

Even worse are the people who rationalise owning one. "I don't need AWD", "I prefer RWD only", "Its pretty much a GTR without one of the turbos and slightly different body panels!" Same goes for the non GTR R32 and R33 skylines.

Good lord please no.

>munted
Confirmed for Kiwi pretending to be Aussie

GTS-Ts and GT-Ts are good cars in their own right. You don't need the fucking flagship offering unless that's what you're specifically after.
Same with Mustangs GTs, you don't need the fucking GT500 to have a brilliant car.

Aussies are fucking cunts. What I really hate is when they start talking about prices of something but don't point out that they are talking about kangaroo dollars and not USD

Can't wait for the Impreza wagons.

Incorrect. I've owned them all, please don't try to lecture me. There are much better alternatives to the GTT. The GTT is a much better car on the whole than the earlier GTST's, but still not saying much as they were always the awkward compromise GTR poser car. The R33 GTST compared to the R33 GTR is horrendous in its own right. Both the series one and two feel like a taxi with two doors, sounds great though, the RB25's intake gives it a great whistle. The R32 gtst is alright for a shitbox skid car, wouldn't bother with it for anything else... except if you can't afford anything better?

Back to the R34. The GTT still feels awkward and stunted. If anything, its a great car in everything it doesn't really achieve to be. Its quiet inside, the 4 door variant is alright as a passenger car, but still feels a bit awkwardly small, and the build quality and ergonomics definitely feels like an afterthought compared to something like the Toyota JZX series. The GTT coupe doesn't handle anything like an S15 (and isn't really faster), though the RB25neo is an alright motor. But yet why would you get one over an S15 ? I can't comprehend the car. It was, and still is the cheap alternative compromise rationalisation to the R34 GTR. The back seats are marginally less useless than the S15's, but still rubbish.

I look forward to your reply arguing semantics about the stylising of the GT-T and GTsT, and chassis codes. I'll take a punt you've never owned, driven, or maybe even sat in half the variants of them.

Damn, this is a good express review.

I won't buy a non-GT-R Skoiline in the future I guess. It seems like an Impreza or Celica would be much better choices.

Posers BTFO

Fuck off cunt you don't specify USD when you talk about your seppo dollars and we figure out what you mean.
Harden the fuck up mate.

because most people on here are American also most of the time americans use the dollar sign which you assume USD is being talked about

This. They're garbage. It's a heavy fucking car so it needs power and to handle well with that power it needs traction.

Buying one will make you think skylines are overhyped and not want to get a GTR. Cheaping out and making compromise and trying to justify it by saying "it's almost as good" never works. And I'm not talking just about cars here.

Its as heavy as a V8 saloon and slower yet won't fit as many people.

an sr20det (or ca18det) silvia is a better car than any non-GTR skyline

There won't be any left by the time burgers can import them. Or at least, none at a reasonable price. Coupes cost a fair bit already, and those are automatic and/or aspirated models. The manual turbo coupe combination would boot you well into the same price range as something that packs a V8.

>Why would you ever own one.
Aesthetics mostly. And while they aren't as fast as the GT-R, the GT-T isn't exactly slow compared to your average shitbox.

American poster: Opinion on cars, something their nation as a whole seems to know literally nothing about operating, designing or maintaining
Rest of the world: 2busy driving

the sr20 is shit. it is unreliable as fuck m8

>be american
>OMG SKYLINE BRO BRIAN CONNER BRO GALLO 24 BRO RIP BRIAN CONNER FOR EVER IN OUR HEARTS
>SKYLINES ARE AMAZING OMG I WANT ONE
>Aussie pipes up
>yeah nah farken they're not even that good aye cunt farken
>american can't deal and spergs out

You're both cancer.

It's just a car.

>it's just a car

You've clearly never studied semiotics. To a lot of people it's more than just a car.

A Lambo, Ferrari, or McLaren is "just a car", but people buy them for their social status. And while buying a Skyline doesn't show that you're a multi-millionaire, it does show your interest in 90s Japanese sports cars. And to the right audience, that's all that matters.

>buying a car because it matters to other people

maximum cringe mode engaged

Ive always liked 90s japanese cars. A skyline just happens to be one of the cooler ones. My liking skylines has nothing to do with pual wolker

R33 is best skyline

Skyline is fuckin overrated.

>there are much better alternatives
>names the s15
Post proof of any ownership or just stfu

having actually communicated with australians outside of a chinese image board i can say they are actually good peoples

fake news!

The RB25DET differs from the RB26 a lot. No ITB, weaker internels, weaker block etc.

>I would hate to imagine the feeling of an R34 GTR pulling up at the set of lights next to me.

Yep, but I doubt a few people would get a GT-T if they could afford a GT-R. It's like buying a 328i instead of an M3.

Much better than the CA18 m8

That thing chews through head gaskets

If I had to start over I'd do a GTSt over my GTR all day. RB25 swap and push more power than I am now for less money, and RWD to slide it.

>GTSt

I assume it's an R32 then. Aren't those the ones from the three where you can disable the 4WD? Of course it would be cheaper but the GT-R would probably be better, easier and more reliable and the engine could do more power.

>not knowing SCBro has an R32 GT-R

I mean but owning a €20k sports car and posting to an imageboard doesn't make you necessarily a celebrity.

no but he is pretty well known on this forum. lurk more senpai

>pays attention to name fags in the first place

lurk moar faggot

>not being a cuck

lurk more senpai

RB26s are not any more reliable than RB25s. Different is price of parts. Yes mine is capable of RWD with the fuse pulled but it's not really worth doing that IMO. If I'm going to slide something I'm going to beat the piss out of it in doing so. I've already had an RB20 prove to me that it can take it. I don't want to find out if the 26 can or will.

Well yes I worded that maybe strangely. More reliable at holding power at least.

Literally have owned both a 2001 and 2002 S15. One pewter and the red. Why would you want proof of ownership over an old cheap Nissan sportscar? I don't own those anymore, I've got a 2002 FD3s. R32 gtr's used to be half the cost of the FD, R33GTR the same price as the FD, and the R34 only 10k more.

>tfw really want r32 but know it would be stolen in week tops

where do you live where it could possibly get stolen

I've never heard of R32's being stolen. GTR or not

oh gee idk user
maybe a country that just started importing them?

I hate them just as much as jews and niggers, lets all share our feelings about these parasites...

you live in Japan?

wat

oh sod off you troglodyte

Must be a real shithole place if people are stealing a car that 99% will just recognize as an old nip shitbox.

>importing
>exporting
Learn the difference

Fucking civics are one of the most stolen vehicles. What's going to happen to a rare boyracer mobile? Don't act like it's any different in straya.

nothing is going to happen - there is no market for used parts and it is extremely difficult to sell a whole stolen car nowadays

shitcunts gonna shitcunt

There's a market in north america for anything. Where there's a will, There's a Mexican or Dindu with a way. They can have your brand new car on a flatbed and on it's way to Africa or Russia by the time you wake up. It's usually not worth the risk though.

but see, that's the problem - all countries except US already have them. and that was my point with the whole car. and parts? I really think there aren't popular enough for stealing and disassembling to be profitable

Fuck working on a 26 though
Mate has an rb25 swapped s13 and its infinitely easier to wrench on