Thinking about buying a a used ecoboost mustang, too poor to get the GT. Do I deserve to die?

Thinking about buying a a used ecoboost mustang, too poor to get the GT. Do I deserve to die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aJn75u9C3SQ
daveramsey.com/blog/drive-free/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why dont you get a ecoboost focus rs, mustang is pointless imo without v8, there are better alternatives

Same engine in the Focus RS right? I just really like the looks of the mustang but can't afford the big boy option.

Focus RS? Don't those go for $35k+? Uhh..

He probably meant ST

Don't get an ST, they are shit. Get the mustang or the V6 comaro. The camaro makes 300 hp which is more then 90% of o can say with their slow FWD FiST and Civic SIS

why don't you just get an older used v8 mustang?
use the money you save buying the car on fuel to run it.

ST is the cheap one, 26k here, rs 40k, and the rs also uses the mustang 2,3l ecoboost engine, has 30hp less tho

This. Buy an 11-14 5.0.

Uhh, the Mustang ecoboost has 310hp and the Focus 350hp.

>mustang is pointless imo without v8
youtube.com/watch?v=aJn75u9C3SQ

If you want a front engine, rear drive turbo 4 there's way better choices out there. The Mustang is a bigger sports car. It's made for the V8 model.

$5k miata plus $5k 302 swap.
$14k total for what is essentially a cobra kit car that actually works in in the rain.

What makes the ST shit?

daveramsey.com/blog/drive-free/

>dude just swap it lmao
Also the 302s are heavy as fuck for the power they make and the WC T5 isn't very strong. And they don't fit the tires a Cobra can. And you are unaware of the hard top Cobras.

agree that there are better choices, but OP wants a Mustang. And even if there are better options, that doesn't make this car pointless.
this model mustang is a great handling and braking car, and making the four cylinder to be just as fast as the V8 is far from pointless. it might even have better handling characteristics over the V8 because of the less weight of the four banger. its a big car with a small engine, so it'd be bit of a waste of weight for a sports car, but could be a great sports car nonetheless

Would Veeky Forums consider $42k for a Ford Mustang GT Fastback with various options (i.e. loaded performance wise) a good option?

I'm looking at either that or an SRT Dodge Charger. But for whatever fucking reason, the charger doesn't offer a manual transmission option.

This guy gets it, the v6 camaro option isn't as terrible as it sounds, I had one for 1.5 years a 2015, it's just fast enough to not feel too boring, slow cars are more fun to drive fast than fast cars are to drive slow, you can step on it and not worry about killing yourelf too quickly, also gets around 30mpg on the highway which is nuts for as heavy as that car is.

Now with that said I recently snagged a 1le 2015 storm trooper, I cannot just mash the pedal without thinking because it likes to go sideways, it also makes a shit ton of noise and breaks the law way fast; now all of this is wayyyyyy more fun than the v6 ever was, but on my last road trip the ride was sooooo much harsher, and my in city mpg is right around 16 (sounds to nice to drive slow) insurance increased a bunch too.

V6 ain't so bad, just don't waste money modding it, shit sounds gay.

Ur a fag. I've driven focus st, fiesta st and mustang ecco. All good cars, but the stang wins. I might favor focus or fiesta for autocross. For everything else, stang.

Why not a used Corvette?

>Also the 302s are heavy as fuck for the power they make

So? Not building a supercar here- it's perfectly fine and cheap, too- with far too much power for a miata anyway

>WC T5 isn't very strong.

Doesn't need to be strong for a lightweight car

>And they don't fit the tires a Cobra can.

Remove the quarter panel skins and french the gap, problem solved

>unaware of the hard top Cobras.

gonna find one of those for less than $30k, huh?

>Remove the quarter panel skins and french the gap, problem solved
So just buy a Miata, swap the engine, perform body work. buy expensive ass tires, deal with engine-swap-electrical issues daily, pay for it all out of pocket since no one is giving you a loan for any of this, either become a mechanic or find one willing to deal with any issues that may arise, pay for every fix on your own because you have no warranty. Anything else?

>less than 30k
Actually yes if you build a type 65 coupe from FFR.

>Considering used ecoboost
>Too poor get the gt
What the fuck are you talking about? 11-14 gts are dirt cheap these days and look way better. If you really want irs and you'd actually consider buying an ecoboost then you probably don't want a mustang in the first place.

Yes. if you can afford 20k you should save until you can afford like 28k.

Then get a 2011+ GT you retard. There's plenty with low miles in great condition.

If you get a v6 you'll regret it and want a v8

then i mixed smth up, but they have at least the same cc