CV Review Thread

CV Review Thread

Tighten everything up and organize your information better. Reduce the amount of space on your resume, you want it to look as dense as possible without someone having to squint to read everything. List your skills and what you're good at, use your job experience to support your skillset + list what things you actually did at your job. Everyone embellishes, but don't bullshit. Generally you'll need ~3 points for each job you've done that concisely summarise what you've done.

Unless the resolution is disguising it, I assume you meant 'College' and not 'Collage'

Compare with pic related if you need a reference for what I mean (there's a particularly long description for one of the jobs because there's quite a bit of content).

Thanks

Remove your address

In your summary, what kind of Engineering student are you? Why are you looking for part time or nightshift, why not full time?

Re-structure the sections, people care more about your skills and work experience than your education.

Use less whitespace between information inside sections.

Why does industry experience have no dates?

Drop Secondary School

Proof-read your shift (responsible for bring new customer's??)

Summary
I am a Mechanical Engineering student who specialize in aeronautics, I am looking for part time or night shift work, In order to build skills and gain an understanding of a work environment.

How is this ?

When I meant what type of student I was talking more along the lines of; Are you hard working, creative or similar.

Here's an example:

"Hard working mechanical engineering student with particular interest in aeronautics. Looking for part time or nightshift work to gain workplace experience while finishing my degree."

>collage

Good luck user.

>collage
Britsh spelling dude kek

"British" sh** a bit tried

How is this anything else, really appreciate all anons help

>c++
>python
capitalize these you absolute pleb

>As a forthcoming Engineering, there is never room of error.
Wait, are you fucking troll you filthy fogbreather? Or are you Indian, wtf is this

tried dude, do you suggest anything else other than.
>As a forthcoming Engineering, there is never room of error.
I can't with my degree it's really hard to find part time work in programming

>As a forthcoming Engineering, there is never room of error

>taught me how to learn thing effectively

>Reasonable for data management

>strengthen the teams preforms

Sort your shit out.

Thanks

Diligent mechanical engineering student with a focus in aeronautics. Looking for part-time or shift work to gain real-world experience while completing my degree.

As a forthcoming Engineer I pride myself on my attention to detail and organizational skills.
I can communicate effectively with technical and non-technical coworkers in order to effectively complete assigned tasks.

Engineering has taught me to learn new skills quickly using a logical, methodical approach to problem solving.
I have experience programming using C++ etc

Packing operative with Walker's Shortbread

>Reasonable for data management
Responsible

>strengthen the teams perform
strengthens the team's performance

Thanks user

Is there anything else anons or is it ready

You don't need to write 'contact information', it's pretty self explanatory.

Make the points under each header a slightly smaller font than the header, e.g. if the header is 12, the points should be 11.

There is no apostrophe in 'thing's', just write things.

Be consistent with your use of periods. Most points have periods, but some don't.

'Organisation of information' doesn't mean anything to me and seems redundant with the first point ("As a forthcoming engineer..."). By the same token, I don't really know what 'negotiation of financial matters' means. It's too generic.

You write 'effectively' twice in the first point of 'Communications'. You only need to use it once in that sentence.

When listing the programming languages you have experience in, list all you have experience in and don't write 'etc.', programming languages are too specific a skill to include an 'and so on...'

Should 'packing operatives' be plural? That doesn't sound right. Walkers Shortbread is the entire company name; capitalise the 'Shortbread'.

You also worked there from Jan 2015 - Apr 2015, not Apr 2105 unless you're a time traveler. Capitalise the 'work' in 'Work quickly'.

For your ENTU work: 'strengthenS' with an 'S' at the end.

Capitalise the 'University' in 'Glasgow University'.

Capitalise all parts of your degree title. You are working on a 'Mechanical Engineering with Aeronautics' degree, and you should also include BSc, MSc or whatever it is exactly. Do the same thing with other parts of your education if that's indeed the course name.

And make sure you PROOF READ THE FUCK OUT OF EVERYTHING, especially if you're listing "attention to detail" as part of your skill set. If you have that and then have something a hair out of place it won't look good.

Basically: be consistent in your grammar, know that you need to capitalise ALL parts of proper nouns (which includes degree titles), and proof read your resume much more thoroughly so there are fewer mistakes.

Thanks user

Are the font sizes ok or should I change it

I have a feeling there is too much texts and phrases, make it shorter and explicit.

I already sent it to a bunch of places but criticism never hurts