"throw it in gear!"

>"throw it in gear!"
>*gently twists a small round dial*

Is there anything more cucked in the history of automobiles than a shifting dial?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RWnzRfJ9Mk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Still pretending automobiles are anything more than a tool to get you from point a to point b. Luckily most millennials realize this and car culture is dying.

Found the dial twisting babby

what the fuck is that

Large plastic shift knobs that take up half the interior space for no purpose other than activating a small electric switch

Cvt?

how can a shifter be cucked

what a fucking dumb meme this has become.

tbqh car culture is just cancer, brings the worst of the worst

If car culture wasnt a thing this board wouldnt exist and we'd all be posting on /n/

Spotted the cuck

Not even millenials believe this
This is literally boomer-tier thinking

All cultures create retards, even in high level academics and research

If you're driving a autocuck box, might s well save space. No need for a "lever" just to make you fell manlier.

Don't worry, you wont even need to change gear once non self driving cars become illegal

My grams has arthritis real bad. My boss has Parkinson's and they help out for shifting. But it's fucking scary driving with my boss.

God this is an anonymous board and I felt shame drippings from your post sweetie.

Only boomers think the car you drive says something about your manhood.

>have a luxury sedan
>it has a big ugly shifter sitting in the way
Absolutely disgusting

Put it on the column like a real man. Then even parkinson's can haul it in to gear. Don't take up space with a ridiculous big knob.

I mean if you care about space, just make it entirely automatic until you push the button that engages reverse. If you want finer control you can use the flappy padles or navigate the cuck screen.

One day this will be moved to touchscreen

>Only boomers think the car you drive says something about your manhood.
Hahaha, not true at all. Women date guys that drive fast or cool cars because they're "cool" or "luxurious". Nevermind the fact that they may be golddiggers.

Maybe in rural areas, it's different in cities these days even in this slav shithole where I live.

Most kids with money I know just use uber to move around, they don't care about cars at all.

Who the fuck cares? It's an automatic. Physical linkage is dead. There is no fucking reason for big ass shifters anymore in automatics.

This would be OK too, but people can't be arsed to learn something.

Learn something? Automatics have been on the column for generations, and still are if you get in to utility vehicles where they have better things to do than take up space with fancy center consoles and 18-way climate control.

New Mercedes autos have it on a stalk as well, pretty gud.

Personally I always thought it was retarded when they started putting autos on the floor. To me, it only made sense as a cost-saving measure back when manuals were still popular, and for when they first had flicky-shifting before flappy paddles became a thing.

I don't like dials. I prefer push buttons or digital column shifters like in Teslas. Basically, anything that only requires a single input for every selection is ideal. Rotary knobs are not ideal.

toyota's automatic manual transmission

Please explain this. Is there a clutch?

Every transmission has a clutch

Is there an extra thingy dangling down by your foot?

You know damn well what he meant.

You don't need stick if u don't drive manual

I'm a fad of two now and needed to upgrade to a vehicle with more space. Looked at the Taurus SHO and Alfa Romeo but ultimately accepted I need an suv. Was looking at the explorer sport and Durango r/t to save some pride. Explorer only comes in gay twin turbo now and no v8 so I'm not getting it as I tow atv's and jet skis. Went to test drive the r/t and it has that knob. I'm going with the Durango but I really wish they had just left it on the tree like the older ones.

Im getting rid of my srt challenger for this. *tear*

>sitting stoplight
>boi-racer in a NA miata pulls up
>I press N and rev
>he revs back
>it's on
>press the big red M and shake the dust of the """shifter"""
>realize that I'm an autotragic driver and don't know what to do
>wildly fling the phallic red rocket back and forth as the Veeky Forumstist drives away

>Still pretending food is anything more than a tool to get fed
>Still pretending music is anything more than a tool to keep your ears busy
>Still pretending art is anything more than a billionaire moneylaundring scheme
>Still pretending having friends is anything more than to fulfill your desire for socializing

one of these are actually true, can Veeky Forums guess which one?

No

WTF?

There's a phony stick AND a row of buttons? Wasted dash space.

didn't SAAB have something like this

What happened if knob if selector loose/broke?

But a lever is quicker and more intuitive

Art

>>"throw it in gear!"

I'm no fan of dials either but if someone said this to me I would throw them out of my car.

Art

>shifting a dial
>handling a stick

I wonder what is gayer.

how do i connect my butt plug and play to my car?

The “need more space” line is for cucks whose wives have too much control over them.
Old Veeky Forums pasta:

>pull up to hardware store in my Hellcat
>park next to Camry
>guy in Camry takes an interest in my car
>he’s coming to talk to me about it
>I don’t mind having a yarn about the car every so often so I have a chat
>he’s telling me about how he used to have a challenger or something when he was young
>now he has kids and it’s just not possible because he needs the space
>maybe one day when his kids are grown up his wife will let him get a Hellcat
>he says he sometimes wishes he was still “like me” and could do what he wants
>I say that’s a real sad story man
>I fold down the passenger seat and get my kids out of the back seat
>guy looks like he’s about to tear up

There's nothing manly about your horse penis automatic shifter either. Real men drive manual.
If anything, circular shifter look better.

I got someting less cucked but still anying
>electric handbrake
It's annoying because it's slow, I can hear the brake moving slowly while in regular hand brake it's fast.

hold brake is nice though

>TWIST INTO D FOR MAX RESPECT

How big are the kids and how many do you have? More than 2 and you need more room. Are they both over 12 and under 16? You need more room. Just wait user.

Mate, I can fit a 25y/o 6ft tall guy in the back my tiny little 90's toyota celica with the seats almost all the way back, I don't think you'd have a problem fitting a 16 year old in the back of any american coupe also fuck having over 2 kids at a time, kids can get really fucking annoying in numbers and 2 would already be a fucking handful so why burden yourself even more with a third child

Catholic, don't believe in rubbers. That 6ft nigger will fit but are they comfortable? Are they still comfortable an hour later? After they sitting perfectly still? Have you seen kids in cars? They wriggle a lot.
>inb4 mine don't
Just look through the windows of every mini fan and compact suv you pass.

This mindset will kill the white race

youtu.be/RWnzRfJ9Mk4

You're still of shit aren't you?

This is what making driving a mandatory activity got us. People like this faggot.

Hey, at least we still have motorcycles.

>go to /dbt/ during euro hours
>WHY THE FUCK YOU NEED THAT RUMBLE ROCKET
>SCOOTERS ARE MORE SENSIBLE
>IT'S EASIER TO RIDE

I grew up riding in the back of a coupe with my twin sister and older brother so, uh, yeah.

Your wife says you need more room
But you really don't
You need to raise your kids so they can stand existing with less than a foot of space between them and any seats they might be able to kick

the eternal euroserf

>Used cars saturate the market and are super cheap, but since they're not sold an an opportunity cost, they continue to be plentiful
>Gas stations and auto parts stores on every corner
>Lucrative automaking business leads to new technology, both increasing performance and making outdated technology yet more affordable
>No matter what you can't figure out, someone has done it before and posted about it on some forum in 2003
>Almost every place to live has some accomodation for a car

Bbut no, you can't stand to hear idiotic opinions about cars, so let's relegate them to the status of model trains so you can just enjoy your hobby in peace.

Yep, he was comfortable, he was comfortable an hour later too, wasn't sitting completely still either and yes I've seen kids in cars, I rarely see them wriggle around, I dunno what it is with America but your kids are fucking spastics, worse than the kids with ADHD that I've worked with in the past.

You really don't need a minivan to move a couple children around man, a coupe will do just fine

That is actually really fucking pathetic

Not really, modern civilization and the abrahamic religions are seeing to that

>not even automatic

>an idea so shit it could only be from toyota

This.
What's the point of having a big metal impaler in the middle of your autotragic?

so if you drive a car like the fiat multipla or modern mini or whatever that means you're the manliest man because your personality is so good you're able to score bitches despite the car?

you're both shallow unintelligent plebs

This, space saving features are the future

Honestly a hellcat probably has more leg room than my corolla.

>not knowing what the celica supra is
wow
i'm actually getting one in a few weeks. i sorta wanna fug it

this

the other day i was with my friend at new car dealer. beautiful shiny new cars, awesome sleek interiors, great infotainment system: but one thing always annoyed me about them

the large ass ugly Automatic shifter in the middle. only mazda toyota mitsubishi and chevy (from the pool of new cars i've tried) have that nice leather automatic transmission that just looks nice and not screaming out in the middle of the interior
im sure this may be a trim thing, though, so my statements may have not been fair

>fuck kids
That's working real well in Japan.
I plan on marrying a Mormon and pumping her full of child batter every chance I get. I want at least 4 kids and multiple grand kids.

Fun thing about passing on your genes and continuing billions of years of evolution is that quantity is the best means of survival.

Buick does a good job with their automatic knobs as well

It's not so much "fuck kids" it's more like "fuck having so many kids that you legitimately have to sell your beloved car to buy a minivan/SUV that you don't want and otherwise wouldn't be able to afford" also fuck making yourself poor with paying the extra school fees, buying extra clothes, food etc, I have my own needs and desires and I can't fulfill them without money, having too many children would make it so that I can't do what I would like to do.

I really hope you don't like cars man cause I don't see you owning the cars that you want with that lifestyle

b-but the white race

passing on your genes is important because it is

jelly you can't afford modern shit?

That's thinking way too much. As long as you have 2 kids, at least one of them male, you're doing well. But you really should be pumping kids out until your wife biologically can't anymore because more kids is bigger family and a bigger family passes on your values more.

if it breaks you're fucked. they all have a mechanical way to get the transmission into neutral so it can be towed tho. no different then anything else, if you have a linkage based shifter and the linkage breaks you're still pretty fucked

I'm a Breton (a kind of celt, not the fuckin elder scrolls race), my race is fine, there's plenty of us, just need to get Brittany back to using Breton as its language rather than french and to free Brittany from the french occupation, I hope to move back to the motherland one day and lead a revolution against the french to throw them out of the Breton lands

You reckon? What's the point of having so many children you make yourself miserable with the costs and downsides (i.e having to sell your beloved car to buy a minivan/suv, no time or money for hobbies) of having a lot of children

>what the fuck is that
More and more cars are freeing up valuable expensive space in the console area between the front seats by using a dial instead of a stickshift. With automatic transmissions, there's really no need for a stick shift. A stick is a holdover from long ago. My car has a stick, but in reality, it only activates electrical switches to the transmission. It has no physical connection to the transmission. So it might as well have been a dial.

>What's the point of having so many children you make yourself miserable with the costs and downsides (i.e having to sell your beloved car to buy a minivan/suv, no time or money for hobbies) of having a lot of children
Lots of family later in life. Being old seems lonely.

Loneliness isn't inherently bad though

It is if you've been lonely and hate it

I've been extremely lonely in the past, last year I almost literally never went out (except to buy food) and didn't speak to anyone, I was fine, you know why? Hobbies, loneliness only really sucks when you have nothing to do

this, once you get bored that's when it settles in

t. Corolla operator

>implying I'm from the states

Where you from then?

This is such a Veeky Forums post

Does the knob let you operate the controls by feel?

I know old cars have fewer controls, i.e. they don't have bluetooth, nav, etc.., but they can be operated quickly. Sunlight or glaring headlights in your eyes, night time, smooth or bumpy road, you should be able to identify and operate a starter, shifter, hvac, in the dark and without taking eyes off the road.

In the case of a knob, I should be able to count detents or feel symbols so I can tell where the knob is set without having to look at it.

If you're turning the knob while in motion I assume you'd get ample feedback as far as the car being in neutral or the transmission falling out when you go to reverse and then wondering why it hasn't come to a stop even though you must be in park by now because you can't turn it any further.

>i need a suv
My God,what a cuck

Dude,my family’s car for 10 years was a fucking mk2 Golf.
How wide are these ‘murican kids,what the fuck?

>wide

They're just spoiled shits. They don't behave and are sated with material goodies alone, so they need lots of space to separate them from their parents and siblings to avoid fights and then even more space for all their toys, plus a built in wifi hotspot so they can play angry birds in the car.

The kids born in the early-mid 90s were among the last to be raised somewhat decently.

>The kids born in the early-mid 90s were among the last to be raised somewhat decently.

Nah m8, that's the silent generation. Boomers and everything since is more or less the same flawed child-centric way of child-rearing, just progressively more and more concentrated.

*barf*

I agree. Even supercars now shift into gear with little buttons: D N and R.

What was once a major connection point between the driver and the automobile has now become completely computer controlled and reduced to a button push. It still amazes me as to why anyone would buy a sports car without a manual. The whole point of that kind of car is to have an experience...removing the manual transmission (I'm talking clutch pedal and shifter) cuts out a huge part of the experience of driving a car.

What good is going fast when the car does everything and you are just a passenger? At that point you might as well be riding a bus.

>mfw these candyass boy racers who don't even float their gears try to make fun of literally anyone

Idk man, main battle tanks use CVTs. Are you saying an MBT is a cucked vehicle? Because if so youve got about 120mm that says otherwise lol

>Satan is a truck driver

Yeah I could totally see that.

What exactly the fuck are you talking about nigger