Oh shit, guys. The interior of the Model 3 is actually totally awesome

Oh shit, guys. The interior of the Model 3 is actually totally awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Gy50Y_tZys

No it's not.

>plastic pedals
That's hilariously unsafe.

Yes it is.

Model S. Irrelevant.

It looks like a floorboard with an iPad glued to it. It's not.

It's minimalism, user. Beautifully simple. It will grow on you and will age well.

Minimalism is a meme for boring, uncreative people.

Oh good, it's only on the LUXURY FUCKING SEDAN

>age well
When have infotainment systems in modern cars ever aged well?

AUTOMATIC OVER-THE-AIR UPDATES BRO

>When have infotainment systems in modern cars ever aged well?
Never, but no infotainment system has ever had over the air updates before either.

All most all pedals made in the last 10 years are abs

Plenty of them have updates you can get from the dealer.

Also you can't OTA better hardware, and I guarantee you they'll be chugging like a coal train in a years time with all the shit they'll be adding to their """finished""" car.

>Plenty of them have updates you can get from the dealer.

None even come close to the changes made by Tesla for their infotainment systems, and getting updates from the dealers is absurdly expensive.

>Also you can't OTA better hardware

That's true.

That's worrying.

no air vent ??

So? iPhones have "over-the-air" updates that basically brick your device if it's too old. You'll go a couple of years before your infotainment device is running like a piece of shit because Tesla want you to buy a new car.

I don't understand the german obsession with shiny chrome air vents

Just lease, hoon and trade it in for a new one after 3-5 years

>leasing
>thinking you can "hoon" an electric car
You seem to have me confused with an American, user.

i think it's an improvement over "standard black plastic rectangle with horizontal lines" if done right

It's in the slot between the upper portion of the dash and the silver trim above the wood trim.

>You'll go a couple of years before your infotainment device is running like a piece of shit because Tesla want you to buy a new car.

There is no evidence of that ever happening.

all tech companies do it. all technology is literally built to fail.

Tesla hasn't done it.

>a PORSHH feel to mee

Opinion discarded

Tesla is using standard hardware.

With their own optimized software, which hasn't been proven to deliberately degrade performance over time.

I wish interiors in normal cars were like that. Minus the fucking iPad

That would be a 10/10 interior, if only the screen were smaller and in front of the driver. As much as I dislike the thing, I have to admit it's a fuckin' nice interior.

CANT STOP THE TRAIN BABY!

fuckin save'd

>a few layered planks
>totally awesome
I get the sarcasm, but even still..... it's really just a few pieces of left over flooring

neat
i always thought this was true

antisemitism. real classy dude

Where exactly do you see the antisemitism?

>Just flat wood and a fucking tablet

I shouldn't be surprised but this is still horrible. Give it a proper insturment cluster and it'd be infinitely less so. I mean fuck even if the screen was in the dash instead of hanging off more haphazardly than the computer in a cop car it'd look better.

>Give it a proper insturment cluster and it'd be infinitely less so
You can configure the screen to display whatever you want.
Also why do you need anything but your speed and potential warning messages? It's a Tesla, there are no gears to shift, no revs to watch, no oil pressure or coolant temp, you don't even have to drive it yourself.

Truu

As far as modern cars go that interior really is fucking slick. If they made the screen slightly smaller and closer to the dash it'd be 9/10.

Meanwhile at Tesla hq
>guys, the market research shows that most consumers who don't buy our cars seem to hate our interiors
>they claim our interiors are "boring, bland, made of subpar materials and irreedemably mediocre."
>lead designer shekelstein, what do you have to say about this?
>shekelstein: I got you covered faм *glues cheap floorpanel onto dash*

I admire the simplicity of it but that monstrous tablet jutting out from the dash is fucking terrible. If they offered one with a manual radio and climate control i'd be a lot more incline to buy it, but i cant be bothered to cycle through menus on a fingerprint-covered screen while im driving just to change the radio station.

>tfw an almost irresistible urge to deface Teslas and Uber cars

>cycle through menus on a fingerprint-covered screen while im driving
You won't be driving when you're doing anything with the screen, AutoPilot will automatically take over the instant you touch it.

Oh wow cant wait sounds amazing

Fair but something more than a fucking screen just hanging off like someone bought a computer monitor and stuck it into their car would still be welcome.

Someone is paying Thirty five grand for this. And this is the best they can do? But I suppose this is the type of thing the people getting it eat up so more power to them.

shut up already with the screen nonsense. it's 2017 not 1917

It will look like garbage and have 0 resale value in ten years.

I will never like this infotainment bullshit. Whoever makes it retractable will make a fortune.

Most people at least bother to put it in the fucking dash.

Most people at least bother to put effort into their bait

>age well

It already looks outdated. Turn your eyes to the steering wheel, fake(?) wood, and brushed metal trim.

I fell for the macbook meme

Each iteration of OS X has ran slower and at this point it's less stable than loonix. Keyboard input dies, suspend/resume doesn't always succeed and takes a few lid flips, several apps are bugged and prone to crashing and unwanted operation, and it's SLOW.

we had flat panel touchscreens in the fucking 90s and early 2000s

it's time to move beyond this childish obsession with wanting to live in a star trek episode and make good human/machine interfaces again, which means giving us a knob for the volume instead of a flat plane with no tactile feedback that shits the bed if it has any moisture on it.

probably the part were he just has a hand full of cash.

But bruh the new iPhone has the fastest processor yet!

>it's time to move beyond this childish obsession with wanting to live in a star trek episode and make good human/machine interfaces again
I like the way you think, pragmatic and rational rather than gaudy, faux-futurism.

Antisemitism isn't real. Antisemitism is defined as a a subet of racism which is prejudice+power. Since jews disproportionately hold more wealth, political power, and privilege than whites, even having access to better education more often than whites and holding more nobel prizes, you can not be racist against jews or an "antisemite". You're just rightfully pissed because they have and don't share.

shut the fuck up

how the hell did this death spiral from a Tesla thread to a Youtube Comment Section® so quickly

How fucking new are you?

Thanks for the (You)s you dumb newfaggot queers

>The interior of the Model 3 is actually totally awesome

Yeah, totally amazing, at least for gay hipster fucks.
If you think, that this is cool, you are the car world's equivalent of those retards, who are willing to pay millions of dollars for empty "paintings", canned shit, and other modern """"""""""""art"""""""""""" pieces

Fpbp

Cars are still expected to last longer than phones. You might see not evidence of this until five to seven years after buying a tesla.

Cars are manufactured to last exactly as long as the warranty period lasts.

>pore-sh

>$0.10 has been deposited into your account

This cuck OP obviously put out bait. But even Tesla themselves know they're not going to in the car industry for long. They're going to step away and be content with just supplying the batteries to mainstream EV manufacturers.

So it doesn't matter whether the model 3 will look good or not.

This, even a fucking Toyota's interior has more personality than a fucking Tesla Model 3's interior.

Wow, it's a fucking market strategy at work. Biggest news ever.

If it's like the Model S and X, the volume, stations, and climate are controlled on the steering wheel.

I like the big screen and the sleek design.

Look at this beaut' Toyota for example

I like a massive 2005 Apple iMac hanging off my dashboard too.

You got a problem with it? It looks at the same time more functional and minimal than the pseudo shit in the OP. No jumbo-sized cup holders, 30cm thick doors or seven different glove compartments.

>35 year old minimalistic base model toyota doesn't look as great as a top of the line futuristic electric luxury sedan
Wow gee. At least automatic updates won't slow that toyota down in 5 years.

what are you gay fags damage controlling for? that's an absolutely hideous shit interior for even a 40 year old pickup truck what the fuck lol

And the Tesla is even worse.
Really makes you think.

Kek not so bad with that big screen blocking the view

the tesla factory is in spark nevada. on electric avenue. fucking losers

bazinga puns GAY

i have had to book some outbound deliveries to there

Oy vey, it's da shoah all ova again!

yay

>HAHA U GOT TROLED

The design needs work. However, I still truly believe tesla and similar brands will step us into the future. In 25-30 years time when more refueling stations (if not all) have electric plugs, range lasts 400+ miles, and cars self drive you from home to work/the store/etc. I'll gladly step into the future with automobiles. I can't wait to have self driving all electric vehicles, not so much that I dislike driving, but more because half the people on the road need shouldn't be controlling a 2,00-4,000 lb vehicle with the power to kill due to aggression, ego, etc.

Call me what you want, I believe in the future. The last 30 years gave us amazing advancements, the next will only accelerate as modern technology starts moving faster and faster into the future.

go back to /g/