What's a good degree/career for people with ADHD

What's a good degree/career for people with ADHD

professional retard

r9k poster, you can even start now.

Anherologist

Wildlife Forestry
Anything outdoors.
Physical Labor

I mean ADHD is more of a childhood meme but sure those are jobs more or less well met for such condition.

Software development

try r9k

well anything high-tech should be a perfect fit
like that

Physical Labor, every time. ESPECIALLY if they have a supervisor that constantly yells at them to keep them in track. They're subhumans because they're borderline retarded.

Victimhood

I hope this is a joke.

Software development is the most arduous thing I've ever had to do with my ADHD. Can't focus on the code can't focus on the screen can't focus on doing any of the things I have to do. Forget to comment all the time. Or comment WAY too much and write a freakin novel about something pointless.

Software development is NOT a good option.

>Software development is the most arduous thing
let's see... dick around 6 hours chat browse web shitpost on Veeky Forums spend the remaining 2 in 10 minute sprints. actually accomplish more than people with no adhd. shit is so far from hard i can't even laugh at it.
>Forget to comment all the time.
well if you write good code it tells the story comment is for the weak.

Sorry I didn't realize you meant "finish my high school programming homework." I thought you meant actual software development for actual leading tech companies.

For what it's worth, OP, I now do UX and graphic design, so you could look into something like that. It lets me kind of dabble in a lot of things without focusing too much on one specific issue for extended periods of time. Careful, though, because most of the jobs will have you doing some bit of coding. Some less than others, though.

>I thought you meant actual software development for actual leading tech companies.
indeed that is what i meant. i work as a dev for 8 years now. 3 years lead dev currently trying my hand as architect.

i fucking hate comments they are either useless waste of time or worst case outright misleading as it happens lot of times. comment says one thing code does an other fuck that.

and yeah comments do have their place, for example if you write a framework or a library especially for others to use then commenting it up for auto documentation and inline help is a pretty good idea. altho many times the actual benefits are up for debate (i mean that the documentation is included in the source code, it kinda makes the source harder to read, and hardly anybody uses the documentation provided by it).

programming is 90% about coming up with good expressive names for stuff and some abstract thinking. commenting just fucks with both. it's lazy and disrespectful in a way. it makes you write 3 sentence explanation for a badly named property half of which is not true because you only planned it but then things changed.

also communicating with fellow devs over code changes you have to make on their turf and stuff like that and notes for yourself to fix or do differently something that's fine.

what i said about comment i meant the program itself the business logic when it's full of shit like "im gonna do this or that here" instead of having a well structured naturally readable code, that's bullshit and outright harmful. when people do that i just know they got fresh out of school and have no clue about programming at all.

Anything working with your hands or where you are active.

Jobs where you are stuck in an office or cubicle will make ADD people go mad.

Well, in my experience as a member of the adhd community, one of the best sectors to work in LOOK, A SQUIRREL sorry, what was the question?

ha ha please tell another joke xd

Kys

It is important to distinguish between ADHD and ADD (hyper/vs non hyper)

I have ADD and I am really struggling to find any career that would hold my interest.

Any ideas guys?

lol

Some cases of ADD could be SCT

I've found stacking shelves is alright since you can think about other things while you do it. Proper career idk though. I'm thinking of being a long term speculator.

If you have looks and/or personality, suck a few dicks and become one of those actors that screams a lot or plays the same character (themself) in every movie. Or become a successful youtuber by the same process.

If not, resign yourself to degrading unskilled labor, military or otherwise.

>unskilled labor
>2017

Anything in the field of science/involves you sitting and reading for hours on end.
I´d say the liberal section is fine. Art, music, film you get it. But hey some successful people in the Biz world have ADHD like Branson.

there is a trick to live with adhd. you can learn very effectively too. it's just a different pace than normal people. you can shove normals into a classroom and make them listen concentrate and make notes for 45 or even 90 minutes straight. someone with adhd will lose focus in the first 5-20 minutes. after that he will only doddle on the sides of pages best case or make a racket worst case.

people with adhd need to study in short bursts with frequent rests where you let your mind wander a bit.

I have a really strong case of add and i excelled at door-to-door sales, like above 100k yearly salary excelling. Also almost all the people who worked with me that were doing well also seemed to have some strong form of add.

embedded software / electronics engineer here with ADD. been in field for 20 years. while in college didnt know I had ADD, but now it is obvious. Difficult to get through engineering but made it a few years late haha.

Looking back I think electronics/software-firmware is a good fit for ADD because: ability to hyperfocus helps, you can fuck off for days and people wont notice, then pull an all nighter to catch up, they tolerate weirdos who get mad in meetings, you are left alone mostly and dont have to deal with people much.

>

that is amazing, that seems like the hardest kind of selling. what was the product?

Home alarm systems. Honestly if you are good at manipulating people, after a couple months you know exactly how to respond to every possible answer and when it's worth insisting and when not, it becomes second nature. I used to do the doors with one earphone playing music in my ear until I would find a client that responded in a way that showed potential interest and then pause the music and get a bit more serious... I don't think all people with add/adhd would necessarily be good at sales but in combination with a couple other personality traits it can definitely make a good fit.

Nice sarcasm

you can hunt deer in the woods

nah he is totally right tons of soft devs have adhd.
the adhd brain is a sprinter compared to most people who has a walker brain. it might seem like they have difficulty in school but that's only because we only have power walker schools.

the actual learning capacity is not only not reduced i dare say in certain cases increased.

ADHD doesnt exist
ADHD only became a mental ''''''''disability''''''''' when amphetamines became legislated to over-the-counter drugs purchasable without prescription you are just a mildly autistic tard being taken advantage of by the industry.

gg

>ADHD doesnt exist
oh noes what if i mean what if the moon doesn't exist? what if it's just a bumper sticker on the glass ceiling we call sky? guys you have been lied to!!

First off, ''fix'' the ADHD. There's several methods of coping with it. My younger brother was a 9.8/10 case, who almost got into foster care because parents couldn't handle him (and neither could I to be honest). A diet fixed that, turns out he was having an almost allergic reaction to nightshade vegetables. Whether it's meds, psychologic help or alternatives like that, it's better for yourself to minimise the effects in your entire life, than to just adapt your job to it.

Second, he seems to really excel at practical stuff, like entry level engineering. Loves technical drawing especially. I've only got something like a 6/10 diagnosis for ADHD, but I also lov that kind of stuff. I personally think that your personality, and the ability to focus on a field you love, can be much more important in job choice then just ''well it's good for ADHD people''. Those field will get flocked in the coming years anyways, because of massive misdiagnosis in our current generation.

ADHD is code for Retardation
deal with it

trust me i could deal with it way better than the moon being a bumper sticker in the sky that would really suck if it was true. but it's bollocks as the english say.

POTUS

Cannon fodder.