/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk about all things Sonic! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #801 - The Long and Winding Road Edition

>Link CompilationSonic News<
Sonic Mania vids:
6 Minutes of Gameplay: youtu.be/uB9RP2SV8HY
Green Hill Boss : youtu.be/X1GZbQgtGLY
Chemical Plant : youtu.be/4TX2I3iUORQ
youtube.com/watch?v=52UGIIIp9WE
Pre-order Trailer: youtu.be/wvD8NZN9Zsg

Sonic Forces vids:
Sonic Forces E3 trailer:
youtu.be/dprxYd_16Ck
7 minutes of Gameplay: youtu.be/fyTzm8WgtlE
Full level Gameplay: youtu.be/6g6_rRqjlCI
Avatar Gameplay: youtu.be/TJZfptketUc

>Drawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/877574105523929088
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Amy is better than all the girls in the entire franchise.

You mispelled Blaze

Those characters are gigantic, this would be terrifying

wrong

So who's gonna be 1000? I imagine Sonic since you know, It is his series after all.

Super Sonic.

Big the Cat.

Obligatory #00 collage time.

As always apologies for fuck ups and missed stuff. I think it's okay.

All the types of Sonics!

Super Sonic, but we shouldn't get too far ahead pf ourselves
2000 is hyper

I thought thread #1000 was going to be Shadow?

Sonic, Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic, Adventue Sonic, Metal Sonic, Red Sonic, Pink Sonic, Crossdressing Sonic, LEGO Sonic, Mario, Archie Sonic, Fleetway Sonic, Super Sonic, Scourge, Shadow, Sonic X Sonic, SatAM Sonic, AoSth Sonic, Hyper Sonic, Shadic, Coldsteel, Nazo, Sonichu, and any other Sonic's I'm missing.

No more character OPs.

Fuck off

It's 1 thread every 100. And it's fun. Calm down user

I like the character OPs.
It's a neat tradition.

>we could possibly hit thread 1000 before this year's out thanks to Mania and Forces
Never thought we'd make it this far. Good job, fags.

>#900
>Amy
Let's not.

Too late. It's a thread tradition now.

>1000 will be our unquestioned queen and master, Cream.

Why not? Do you have a problem with Amy? You better have a good explanation for this or I'm going to kick your ass, I'm serious.

Is there a thread archive somewhere?

Because it's not best girl Blaze.

Blaze is, like, 2nd.

>"dude you're huge! Yeah, lets party! hey, heyarrghhh!! *squish*

B-but I already collected them all with everyone Sonic!

I had the weirdest dream. There was a Sonic and Spyro crossover game, and one of the missions had Silver trying to steal all of the gems and dragon eggs for no real reason, and you had to race against him to grab them before he can.

She's shit and the last thing we need is Amyfags shitposting for a whole thread without restraint.
I'd rather it be Shadow themed just so we could squeeze some more shit out of Shadowfag.

Gotta get amy out of the way first

>It's that guy who complains about people posting Amy again.

I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted.

>the last two threads have been popular characters
>not continuing the trend to please your dick
Go figure.
>It's that guy who complains about people complaining about people posting Amy again

Amy is more popular here than Shadow

This

Shadowfag, we all know that's you.

I have arrived to celebrate my very own, #800!
No, please, no need to applaud. Let the celebrations begin!

You knucklehead

No, I'd be perfectly fine with an Amy general. Although, if #900 IS Shadow-themed, I might do something special.

Why does Amy make people so butthurt? Must be the pink.

>obnoxious fanbase
Enough to make anyone hate anything.

she wouldn't mind painting herself blue for you, user.

I can see Shadow thinking of Cream as a younger sister, sorta like Maria 2.0 but that's about it.

If we had an Amy themed thread, we could squeeze more pics out of Yoto

I hope it stays Amy. I've already started my Amy watercolor.l and I already have the "900" on there. It's very detailed.

If we had a Shadow themed thread we could get more Shadamy out him AND more voicelines.

>time for some cringy headcanon
at first he does, but as he watches after her and she grows up around him, by the time shes 16 they've got got strong romantic feels for each other that will eventually be released in a night of hot, steamy rabbit x ultimate life form snuggles

I don't mind her as a character but whenever this general talks about her, everyone starts posting lewd and the best girl arguments start and go on for hours. It loses its charm after three threads in a row, especially when there's no other discussions happening

Speaking of voicelines, I'm open again. Snively or Shadow.

Spoiler the whole thing next time please.

How can Buddy even compete?

Yeah. I feel that way about him and Amy too.

Tfw Runners Adventure is better ethics wise, but everything else
>Music is the same, which is alright I guess
>Animations are lacking
>Art work still looks nice
>Charm wise it's not even close
Also damn, my fear of them making the models 3D was realized, why couldn't they have kept the black outline at least. What does /sthg/ think?

Assblasted remnants of Sonally/

These things are great.
Well done, user. Got the 700 one?

The negative reception Amy gets reminds me of Sakura.

Awesome

These are very well done

With Wispons, the latest in the genius of Takeshi Iizuka's personal pets, the Wisps.

You're very adorable.

Didn't realise it was out, but looking at some screenshots it just looks like normal Runners but less style.
Does it at least run better?

Probably because they're basically the same useless, annoying character when you think about it.

I wouldn't say Amy's all that useless though. She can at least defend herself.

I guess I'll just go fuck myself then.

"Just because Shadow the Hedgehog doesn't star Sonic in it doesn't mean it's a bad game. I think it has more to do with you babies not being able to handle the real reality."
"What, what do you mean it has more than just that?!"

user, don't. The shitposters are just coming out to bait again. Leave them be

So /sthg/, how are you guys doing today?

From what we've seen, yes.

You could say the same about Sakura yet she was still unreasonably useless.

I can see why people would compare Sakura and Amy but I still think Amy is much more likable, especially when she's written well.

>especially when she's written well
Which is unfortunately not often at all. I could count those times on two fingers.

been melting in the heat, trying to keep cool as possible. being naked all day is super-fun!

Could've been better. Are you doing alright, user?

Either way, I still prefer Amy as a character.

>So /sthg/, how are you guys doing today?
Tired and hot. I don't like it no sir.

It doesn't help that Amy was generally written as mentally unstable with an unhealthy obsession over marrying Sonic.

I'd say Amy's been written better in the last few games, desu. Lost World, LEGO Dimensions, Unleashed wasn't bad imo. She even got a cool moment in Runners.

Thankfully it just rained where I live, so it should be much cooler than normal today.

>It doesn't help that Amy was generally written as mentally unstable with an unhealthy obsession over marrying Sonic
Obviously shitposting.

>LW
>Unleashed
I'd honestly barely call that an appearance. I don't think she got 10 minutes of screentime across both of those.

Because of the Sonamy fans mostly. Boom helped bring her in a positive light, but when you give them an inch they take a mile. I hope none of you are as obnoxious as this stupid cunt.

those 2 new pics on the booru are really lovely. I especially love the bunnie one

That's a good thing.

And that's another thing, while Amy isn't my favorite. There's two coins to her where you see her in her "marrying phase" (which everyone knows) and her "decent phase"

Yeah, that person is pretty much an embarrassment to the Sonamy fanbase. Thankfully, the Sonamy fans I have interacted with aren't like this.

Did you play Heroes, user?
At least she'll never be as bad as that again.

What was cut off at the bottom?

that is pretty obsessive behavior. I guess some fans are more crazy than others.

Have an Amy pic

Ehh, she didn't have the best characterization in the 2000s, to be fair. Granted, Sonic X probably played a big role in the portrayals of characters like Amy being shit.

It lasted a few minutes, but the little we saw of her was pretty decent.

Jesus, I'm a Sonamyfag & that shit is just cringeworthy.

Roger spamming emojis.

That was Heroes though. In the Adventures games she wasn't like that.

Hard to judge a character when they are shown for 5 minutes once in each game where the first was as overdone an interaction as possible and the second being so generic it could have been literally anyone in her place and not changed a thing.

Still counts, tho.

But nevermind that, I have a question: Sonic's coming to beat you senseless with this object. How do you save yourself?

But can one assume that Amy is still how she acted early to mid 2000s either?

Yes. She hasn't shown that she acts any differently.

Grab the baton and finish the race. It would be embarrassing for Sonic to be disqualified from the relay for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I guess you're right. At least we can agree that she's not as bad currently.

And I don't know, throw a chili dog at him?

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/877574105523929088

It would be cute if she had a childhood crush on him.

Either way I'm going to dump shadamy art to make up for me disliking this tradition.