/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 21th of June:
533 – A Byzantine expeditionary fleet under Belisarius sails from Constantinople to attack the Vandals in Africa, via Greece and Sicily.
1307 – Külüg Khan is enthroned as Khagan of the Mongols and Wuzong of the Yuan.
1582 – Sengoku period: Oda Nobunaga, the most powerful of the Japanese daimyōs, was forced to commit suicide by his own general Akechi Mitsuhide.
1900 – Boxer Rebellion. China formally declares war on the United States, Britain, Germany, France and Japan, as an edict issued from the Empress Dowager Cixi.
>News
CK2 DD 55 - Nurture vs Nuisance
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-55-nurture-vs-nuisance.1030752/

EU4 DD 20/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-20th-of-june-2017.1031010/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2 - 02/06/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

CK2 will never work in modern scenarios

James Hardie, in reward for his support of Keane, is granted the title of Foreign Secretary by the Principal Secretary, and is immediately tasked with a policy of colonial reorganization intended to strengthen several colonies by federating them under centralized communist leaderships.

The colonies as a whole are in a tumult over the communist takeover at home, and many threaten to break away from British control, which the internationalist-minded Keane is willing to permit. Yet he demands the peoples of these colonies accept communist governments of their own, continue to labor for communism worldwide, and likewise demands military support for internationalist interventions. Consequently, Keane orders Hardie to find ways to federate what troublesome colonies he can to ensure their continued participation in the Commonwealth (which, in its broader sense encompassing both the British Isles and her colonies, is referred to as the Communist International, although this infuriates the minor proletarian states like Serbia, Bolivia, and Greece which have no affiliation to Britain).

The first of these states which Hardie tackles is Turkestan, the plans for which originated as far back as the late 1830s, when Lord Auckland initiated the East India Company’s conquest of the northern Khans. Long under British rule, the Khans have nevertheless proven very resistant to change, and the newly-released Ataman of the Kazakhs has proven even less capable of civilization, roaming the steppe as his great-grandfathers did, unwilling to modernize his people at all.

Thus, with the assistance of government officials already in place in Turkestan and the intervention of two armies from India, Hardie arranges for the Khans and the Ataman to be deposed and for a communist from Kzyzl-Su, Mir Ali, to be raised up as a “temporary dictator serving the interests of the proletariat,” with the goal of urbanizing and civilizing the Turkic peoples.

Vickycrew in the back

>jew launcher
>jew price gouging
what's next

holy shit rip R&I

>tfw you go to play any gsg and realize you need to spend 20 bux to get patches

COMING SOON: a free patch™ mandating you use this with every game

How am I supposed to defend ports in HoI4 properly?
The AI is buttfucked retarded so when you use the garrison command over a large area with many ports (like China) it divides divisions in absolutely retarded ways. Like, one port gets four divisions and another port that is a state away only gets one division.
There's gotta be some way to fix this that isn't manually assigning them to ports, right? It's infuriating when the japs fucking invade and of course they invade next to that one port that only has one single division.

build aircraft carriers and wipe out the enemy navy lol

I do it manually for China.
if they have naval superiority they can recon coasts and check which port has least number of divisions on it. I think. So, you could use this to your advantage by understaffing a port, but having armor just one province to the rear to stack onto the province.

The salacious LIES and FALSITIES show the weakness of the bourgeoisie! Is AARnon a Communist? Is THIS the business of the elites of /GSG/, to SCANDALIZE the lives of HONEST and DECENT folk?

NAY

I say to you, my friends and colleagues, that AARnon deserves our RESPECT and ADMIRATION. Who would seek to SLANDER such an UPRIGHT individual? Who other than the INSIDIOUS and UNTRUSTWORTHY men of the STEAMCORD cabal! These VIPERS and FIENDS seek to destroy AARnon as they tried to destroy HPM, he who reigns from up high!

Trust in the HONESTY of the GENERAL. Trust in the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the GENERAL. Trust in R&I, for he is WHITE and BASED.

FOR ONLY HE REPORTS AND IGNORES US ALL

Hardie similarly proceeds with plans to create Pakistan, a religio-lingual offshoot of India, and for the federation of the Malay peoples under British control in the Malay peninsula and Sarawak. Although both decisions come under fire by hard-left communists (including Keane) for their preference for religio-nationalist borders, considering the Malay people could easily ethnically federate almost all Dutch lands in Indonesia and the only real support for a Pakistan originates in their religious differences from the Hindu, Hardie stands his ground on his decision.

He rightly points out to Keane that it will be difficult enough for these people, uncivilized and unindustrialized as they are, to adopt communism, and that attempting to create mass federations will only result in greater instability--and, more importantly, nations which are even harder for Britain to control. Keeping them relatively large but ethnically-aligned will assist their local communist parties in keeping control, and will likewise help to ensure that the Commonwealth is always strong enough to enforce its dominance over her proletarian allies if they “slip” and elect a non-communist government. With this strong argument in mind, Keane agrees to Hardie’s proposal for the two new federations.

t. Al-Communisti

>China
>Anything that isn't a land-based meatwall

Besides, I'm playing Road to 56 so China gets assfucked by an "Incompetent Navy" and "Incompetent Industry", one carrier takes almost two years to make. It's horrifying.

one is all ya need, especially against Japan

tfw you mod your religions file just so messalians can have concubines

is road to 56 any good? tempted to redownload, get mods, yoink the mod from folder, pirate full copy.
any music mods for vicky2? tempted to make one since it is fairly easy

ok, how the fuck am I supposed to break through this shit...?

try splitting your armies up my dude
it also looks like you have a serious lack of armor, considering you're germany

But its hardly a complete loss for the French. With the Balearic and Canary Islands under French control, their hold over the Mediterranean is fulfilled. Additionally, the city-states of Melilla and Ceuta are brought under French control, along with the profits that come from them. The French Republic turns its eyes towards the still independent, formerly international zone of Tangier. The Dutch decide to honor their agreement and defend Tangier, despite being disarmed and suffering a liberal rebellion, which gives the French a chance to establish a puppet government by 'saving the proletariat under bourgeois siege'.

The Republic is now under a troika of General De Gaulle leading the Army, Georges Valois leading the Party and Leon Degrelle leading the Committee of Public Safety as President Vacher de Lapouge's medical condition continues to deteriorate.

I'll finish this game off tomorrow, most likely. Time to watch BASED AARnon's AAR.

I don't know how to Carrier though

It's pretty much a collection of mods, it adds a shit tonne of focus trees and reworks some of them. It also reworks and makes additions to the tech tree a lot. Two new tabs of tech (Special research division and some misc stuff like camouflage, winter clothing, flamethrowers, snipers), the addition of fighter bombers and lots of other stuff.
It only needs the base game and it's free, just try it man.

how good is hoi4 with expansions?

*farts*

IIRC you build like 60% NAV bombers and 40% fighters, just make sure you have the naval variants researched. it's the tiny button within the research markers

i also played on 1.0 and nothing else so idk what is still broken

do you have air superiority?
naval superiority?
if air, paratroop to rear/port, delete port once you've taken it.
if naval, naval invade rear to supply port and delete to cut supplies.
Delete all ports you cannot adequately defend.
cannot believe Austria ate Swiss.
this makes me mad.
thx

unrelated sidenote:
if anyone is interested in a vicky2 music mod with music from 1836-1936 (but more than base game which only has about 75 minutes of music) just throw me a (you) and I'll get to work.

I don't know why I'm taking this many fucking casualties, is there anyway I can see why so many are fucking dying?!

Music that would actually fit in with the game's base soundtrack?

With these matters settled, decolonization begins.

Keane is unwilling to wait to decolonize, as Henderson had been, until native governments and state systems were truly ready for it. “Colonialism is imperialism, and imperialism is a capitalist pox upon society; it is our duty to be rid of the colonies as rapidly as we can be, leaving behind organized proletarian allies--not subjects!--whom we may call upon in need, and whom we will aid in their need. Only in this way will we raise up the laborers of the colonies rather than casting them down into darkness, despair, and slavery.”

The consequences of Keane’s decision will prove far-reaching. Although many nations released during the scramble to decolonize had leadership which was well-educated and quite pleased to adopt proletarian ideology, several did not. These governments were forced to organize around structures wherein local chiefs answered to British communists who temporarily formed the leadership structure of these ostensibly free countries, which would prove troubling to the CPGB for years to come. This is not even to mention the previous British administrators and settlers in many of the new nations who violently resisted the loss of their power, and the consequent guerilla wars that were waged in these new states, sometimes for years.

Nevertheless, decolonization is now a fact. New nations and old ones reborn have sprung up across Africa and Asia, each in their own way espousing a proletarian ideology, and loyalty to the International and what it represents.

Yea. 75 minutes is pretty short considering how long a normal game of V2 takes.

I'd probably make a /mu/ thread with the V2 examples as guidelines and check out what gets suggested.

(You)
Music is very much needed, especially if you can make it country specific. Holy fuck I would play every nation with country-specific music to death, even if it was Algeria in 1836

Yeah, I'd like that.

Really all you need to do is take the LOGH soundtrack and stick it in there.

>goy4 in the op

I don't actually know if it can be made country specific. There might be triggers like in hoi4 (if war=play songset) that can be used, but I really don't know.
HPM or modders, can I get a verify on this?

Adding music generally would be very easy, considering you drag .mp3 files into the music folder, but the triggers, (if they exist) wouldn't be too difficult to implement. If there aren't triggers, then RIP.

(it'd probably be space saving/simpler to simply have multiple music mods for each different country. eg. if you know you are playing germany, use the german music mod. this way the mod folder wouldn't be 25GB for EVERY country and their respective music track)

>a religio-lingual offshoot of India
Commeis would probably just merge them both and distribute anti-religious material to both sides, intending to end the conflict forever. But in actual fact exacerbating it to levels never before seen as both Hindus and Muslims reject attempts to force them to be atheist and become even more entrenched in their religion.
See also: Democratic Republic of Afghanistan

Decolonization only fails to touch two types of territories: islands, which Keane and Hardie both agree are best suited remaining under central British control (albeit with “sympathetic” local governments) due to the lack of support they would likely provide otherwise, and areas wherein a significant number of whites and natives have mixed.

“We hold that these territories where significant racial mixtures have taken place cannot merely be turned over to the natives who previously occupied these lands, because the rights of whites in these regions must be represented. Likewise, we cannot turn the governments of these regions over to whites without considerations for the natives. Therefore, racially mixed zones such as Canada, South Africa, and Australasia will remain under the direct control of London, and London will administrate local affairs to best suit the needs of both white and colored colonial citizens.

“It should, however, be recalled by everyone in the Commonwealth that the policy of this government holds that all races are invariably equal in potential; there is to be no racial bias in our decisions, and any who suspect a fellow comrade of holding racial biases should report him to their local branch of the Party. It is our job to help these people, not to criminalize the color of their skins.”

I know that you can make songs country specific in fucking For the Glory and in CK2, so it should be available in Victoria

Is there any way to make a puppet unciv more likely to civilize?

>not listening to anime music when playing any gsg
lol

>rhodesiums under black rule
*sniff*
fugg you aaranon i fuggin believed in you DD,,:

based

People actually listen to the music in strategy games? I often play in windowed and just watch a video on youtube or podcast while the game is running and nothing interesting is happening.

>not listening to your asmr waifu whilst playing solely victoria 2
how can plebs compete

>not watching anime when playing any gsg
lol

Their primary culture is British, actually, with Boer accepted, and those are the only cultures they accept. Which is a problem, actually, given what the roleplaying is trying to do here, but most native governments are actually British primary, and there's a lot of assimilation in some places like Buganda and Nigeria. They'll probably be about 20-30% British by game's end at this rate, although obviously they'll be black Britons.

HPM should fix it so NIGGERS can't become ARYAN, it's not only DISGUSTING but it's also BIOLOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE, a GORILLA born in a stable isn't a horse.

Black people are white.

aint no black in the union jack you treasonous bastard

Black Britons are white and based.

so normal british people is what you mean

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

In Asia, Hardie’s plan of weakened allies is carried out in India, which is sub-federated from the greatest extent that the Indian nationalists had been calling for by quite a degree. Assam, the Bengal republic, Hyderabad, the Rajputana, and Pakistan are all split off from the Indian main, which is only permitted to keep the “core of the subcontinent, unhindered by troubling ethnic and religious minorities such as the Sunni in Bengal and Pakistan, or the Tamil in Hyderabad.”

Decolonization in India in particular is chaos, for even hundreds of years of British rule did not provide the education, infrastructure, and government necessary for independence. The governments which result from the Indian decolonization (with the curious exceptions of the Muslim Pakistan, which organizes itself supremely well, and the Rajputana) are absolutely primitive, with the civilized leaders in the capitals of these new states often incapable of extending their authority even so far as the suburbs of their sprawling centers of government. Communism is not well-understood in the populace, and those who do understand it often spit upon it for its antipathy to caste and privilege; the Brahmin, in particular, rage against the lower-caste government of all of these colonies, and rely on subjugated locals in virtually autonomous villages around the countryside to protect them from government attempts to round up and disenfranchise the elite.

The horrid administrative and technological situation within India--which the last Minister for Indian Affairs, Sydney Olivier, attributes to “ill education and superstition”--encourages Keane to call for an extraordinary session of the cabinet to respond to the poor development of many of Britain’s new “allies.”

>When white people chimp out

Quintessentially British.

What's the name of the modern times mod for DK or HoI2, dunno which one. I know that DK has modern scenario mod but it seems outdated

>DK

Wat

What the fuck is DK, do you mean DH?
NWO2 is probably what you want.

Here is /mu/ thread for Victoria 2 suggestions on music mod.

victoria 2 HPM shit player here

are there certain reforms for partially westernized nations i should take every time? or is everything good in different situations?

But the question remains, will they be fucking the few white women who couldn't afford to flee the colony/were stopped by border guards?

Is r&i dead?

Oh shit. Mosley is PISSED

Am I a cuck now?

So did Death or Dishonor make Hoi4 a bit more playable?
Keep the shilling to a minimum please.

>flag clearly implies this is an internationalist communist superstate
>instantly release any non-British territory
oh shit lad wtf you doin

I'm dumb, DH obviously

>NWO2
Nah not it. There was an user on /v/ or here, I don't remember, like half a year ago or so who kept posting the screenshots from some kind of modern times mod. Maybe he edited it a little, because one of the screenshots included him doing a land invasion in Syria against ISIS as Russians, but quick googling tells me that none of the modern times mods are that updated. Am I missing something

always go for army reforms. I know some nations don't get it, but most get bonus RP from conquering and wars once you get foreign weapons and training.

goy

Rate my empire lads.

The Worker's Commonwealth is internationalist, Keane just holds the view that imperialism is a necessary symptom of a colonial conditions where there is not a large white population, because racism is socially ingrained. The released states are members of the Commonwealth and the International both, they merely have local autonomy to manage their own affairs and their own industry, to prevent imperialist practices. Their governments are communist, they send representatives to the Commonwealth parliament, and their militaries are co-opted by the International whenever the Commonwealth goes to war.

In other words, this isn't national communism, it's international but anti-colonial communism. If it were national then Canada, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa would have been released as a minimum, but they weren't.

>tfw i'm doing national communist France
>AARnon's doing international communist Britain

thoughts AARnon?

As a rule, gross germanies are, well, gross, unless they started as Austria.

You don't understand, lad, you have to directly rule the niggers, they aren't ready to establish communistm for themselves because they're too fucking stupid.

HAHAHAAHHA EBIN GROSS GERMANIUMS XDDD UPBOATED

>no banat
>unaesthetic blobbing in the west
>no direct control of crimea
>all eastern european nations aren't your puppets
>ludicrous balkan borders/claiming rightfully Italian clay
>blobbing over all of poland, but not being Natsoc

shit/10, try harder.

It's a nice coincidence that there are two opposite commie runs going simultaneously. I can't lie, I've spent most of the past few days writing posts so I haven't been keeping as close an eye on yours as I would've liked, but I really like what you did with the French government in exile.

The problems of decolonization and the states that aren't ready for it are definitely part of what's about to happen.

The solution, as the Worker’s Cabinet sees it, is to massively invest in the people of those colonies which are struggling to industrialize. Through mass literacy programs in the natives’ own languages, translations of Marxist literature and distribution throughout the country, and European-led attempts to root out hiding elites and proletarianize the economy, it’s hoped that the Commonwealth can generate major support for the new governments of these post-colonial nations, and quite possibly result in an extension of central authority throughout the entire nation at a greatly accelerated rate.

The cost will be great, and all in the Cabinet are well aware of that fact. “Yet our nation is the very reason these people struggle,” Keane sighed. “We must help them, at any cost to ourselves. To be internationalists, we must have an international. These measures will construct one.”

>EU4 year of our lord 1670
>China and native americans are on par technological with Italy, France and whole western europe

So /gsg/ how would you fix teching up issue in EU4?

what memeing you with taxes does

How do I into Serbia in Vicky II?

It's really difficult and Russia is shit at war. I just lost Bosnia so the KuK is going to annex it in the Balkan Conference.

Pls halp.

>tfw IM doing quasi-national communist Australia
wtf is happening

HPM check out the following thread, I heard you were doing something similar/planning to do something similar. Suggestions would be welcome, and if you are already working on this I can cease so we don't both do the work.

Communists are really powerful in Vicky II. The "expand revolution" event is really helpful.

>but I really like what you did with the French government in exile.

Yeah I was hoping BOTH would survive until endgame to have a PRC/ROC kinda deal, however with the lack of international support for Imperial France. there was really no choice but to annex it and release parts of it as an international of sorts. And then the less legitimate Bourbon France fell to local communists, so it was to be integrated. I also ditched the Party-defaced flag because when the other governments fell, there's no reason to keep it with the communist French Republic being the only real France left. The hammer, sickle, wheat, party flags etc would still used in parades much like the Imperial eagle used to be.

I did give Napoleon IV a Stannis-tier end after he died though, he kept on trying to fight alongside the exiled Windsor monarchy to free Quebec from the communist British. I guess if there was a Napoleon V born in time this game, he'd be a total mirror of the one from your France AAR.

In my game fascism doesn't seem to exist other than occasional uprisings in Germany, its weird. It's national communism vs international communism vs conservative democrats vs liberal democrats. Habsburg Austria is somehow still a thing. It might've lost Hungary but it's still the most relevant and powerful monarchy. It's literally the last prussian constitutionalist/semi-constitutional monarchist state.

The final cost happens to be approximately 5 million pounds (an absolutely enormous amount, given that the pound is still tied precisely to one pound’s worth of gold) invested into colonial programs and 330,000 intellectuals either purged for anti-Marxist beliefs or forcibly shipped to the colonies for education of the natives. The purge was originally to be handled by the propaganda ministry and to be largely peaceful, but was forced to move forward ahead-of-schedule to ensure the intellectuals sent overseas were loyal to the state. The purge, despite Party efforts to clamp down on newspapers reporting the sudden disappearance of many of Britain’s foremost professors, becomes well-known throughout the Commonwealth and sparks a great deal of fear for the future.

Yet, for the time being, intellectuals are the only ones purged. In a statement issued a few months later acknowledging that “some intellectuals in our society deemed to be the most dangerous to Marxist ideals were… forcibly shipped to penal colonies,” Keane’s minister of the interior, Philip Snowden, acknowledges the purge, although he does not admit that many of these intellectuals were killed and that only their families were “safely” deported.

Shortly after the purge, short-staffed universities begin accepting professors directly from the Party. Although many are at least partially qualified, having themselves attended university, they are undoubtedly a step down from the intellectuals which the Party purged, and it will take decades for Britain’s university system to truly recover.

“If that is the price to pay to ensure that the proletarians of the world are educated and armed against capital,” Keane confided in Snowden, “then I shall pay it, sorrowfully but eagerly.”

What mod is this?

I'm surprised there's no "Conservative Order" esque mechanic where one can request ideological allies to aid vs rebellions.

Fascism becomes a thing if communists revolution fail. If Russia becomes Soviet Union and then immediately shits itself and goes through a series of revolution, fascism wins.

>Make a Biritsh Empire more powerful than ever
>Communists ruin it in a few years
JUST

Yeah. That happened in ALL the russian revolutions, specially in the October Revolution. Many countries sent soldiers to help the government. At least there should be an event to send them money.

Usually when I acquire an empire I immediately savescum my way to world domination in like 200 years.
This time I'm on ironman so save scumming won't be possible.

How can I do all of the following without ruining everything and instantly losing?
>ensure that my son is elected to be the next emperor
>prevent faction wars
>switch to primogeniture succession
>press my son in law's claim on west Francia
>conquer the fractured Muslim lands in Arabia

>go to play victoria 2
>press launcher
>start victoria 2 button greyed out
>hover over it
>"Your account lacks sufficient privileges to proceed with this action."
>try to press button anyway
>does nothing
>only thing in the launcher is it telling me "You haven’t added any items to your cart yet. Check out the Games section and we’re sure you’ll find something you’ll like."
What the fuck is happening here? Do I have to buy something to play my fucking non steam copy of Victoria 2? This is a legit version I have from before I got steam, it's from a CD-rom for christ's sake, I bought and paid for htis game and have beena ble to play it up until today, now the button is greyed out, what do I do? I don't have an account on their shitty forum so I can't even report this.

AAAAHAHAHA
Paradox is now officially worse than microsoft/bethesda

lmao
That happened to my "legal" copy of Vicky II as well.

>I bought and paid for htis game
Heh, well done goyim.

Fucking kek. My pirated copy does the same but the button isn't greyed out.

You have to register for a pdox account and then add your vic2 game key (from the box the cd came in) via the website. Then login through the launcher and you'll be gtg.

WHY

Can we riot on their rebbit or something