/wotg/ - World of Tanks General

aesthethicc edition

Want to platoon? Join the Veeky Forums channel in game

Want to do clan stuff?
EU: NOPAN - eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500136066/ (apply through the website and write something nice)

NA: AWOO - na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000043295/

PS4: PLEBS

Old and busted: Archived threads:
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/wotg/

first for op premium superheavy polish wehraboo anime tanks

>low tier tank
>not a game breaking piece of shit
I'm fine with WG jewing out this way rather than ruining tier 8 meta even further.

>polish wehraboo anime tanks

>three shot autoloader Chi-Ri in the final GuP
>commanded by Fukuda
Make it happen.

I would dig that.

reeee arty stop bullying me

Have there ever been deals on converting XP to Free XP w gold?

The standard rate is ridiculous.

>Lemtank gets added as t10 clan rewards
>collective asses of half the wot simply cease to exists

>t10 clan rewards
People still play that? I gave up after the constant "invitation to detachment" spam and the fact they were necessary.

they still roll in Rankeds
how long rankeds will stay is another question

>mandatory skirmishes
How about you join a non-yellow clan, shitter-kun?

Yes, quite often even

I was in a top 10 clan m8.

Does /wotg/ have a Discord or something for people who'd like to socialize about tanks but don't want to join a clan?

You could join a clan? It's not even serious a commitment.

How do I farm damage in Crusader? It's hard to find a game where I can do at least 1000 damage.

I joined a clan once and they started a massive shitstorm about me playing solo random battles without platooning with them and then they kicked me after less than a day

never again

Thank you, but I have a clan right now, also I'm just mostly lurking or posting weird posts+pictures. Idk if I'd fit in and stuff.

I'd be interested in this too, the Veeky Forums channel in game is always empty, and I'm too much of a green shitter newfag for clan wars

You don't. If you want to deal damage pick a tank that has an actual gun.

I'm just trying to 3 marks it.

Don't join a clan of tryhards and join one that doesn't take itself so seriously?

>top 10 clan
lmao that means nothing nowadays, when all the good players are in top 3 clans.

stuart kangaroo as a tier VI premium when
shooting is for proles

which ones are those?

whats the point

I think they made a fuss because if you do badly it affects the clan's overall stats. If you platoon to rig the random battles that doesn't happen. I don't think they were being completely irrational with you.

PLEBS

that's understandable but you can't expect very many people to want to play with you if you dictate when and how they're allowed to play the game

Chi-Ri is the best tier 7 medium tank.

>centurion mk1 stock grind

oh god why

What a strange way to type Tiger I

>tfw pc will never get weather effects

>tiger i
>medium

Yeah. And the AMX 40 is a scout.

>has a heavy's mobility
>has a heavy's size
>has a heavy's hitpoint pool
>has a far superior gun to any medium at its tier
>is literally not a medium

I just fixed the Hellcat.

Tales of a yellow: the reckoning

>this objective falsehood is true because I'm better at the game than you

>he plays the Tiger like a typical heavy

> he plays the tiger like a medium

Yellow yellow everywhere, and not a spot of purple

I don't, I play it as a lightly armoured support heavy.

Do you play it like a typical medium?

>I'm just gonna double down on my bullshit until everyone gets bored, that way I don't have to admit I was being retarded

deal with it, nerd

it's more like a turreted TD in practice than either, really

Yes and its still garbage

i feel bad for players grinding arts now, top tier are such shit now
>used to do 2000 damg
>now do 300damg

I finally just elited and sold my amx 13 105 , I was half expecting to lose my nerve and kill myself before I managed it
>100~ damage per shot
>no stun
>no splash
>shots landing directly next to someone do literally nothing
>impossible to do anything at all unless you get lucky with a snapshot, people are standing still while spotted for 15+ seconds or you say fuck it and go shotgun mode

If you can't get a purple w/r in any tank without a platoon then you're really just blue.

Also if you can't 3 mark an arty, you're not even yellow.

I thought good players didn't play arta?

That's literally my point. The expected values for arty marks are so low because of the average mouth breathing arty player. Anyone non-yellow can 3 mark an arty.

so what's the prognosis? What killed /wotg/?

Is the IS-6 still worth anything?

Shit posting about VC tanks.

slow bleed of interest in the game after its peak of popularity 6 years ago

Discord like every other general. Awoo posting has all but gone away thankfully.

>do the wrong thing at the wrong place
>tank gets irreversibly flipped
Why, thank you WG. Not only I have to fight against both teams, now I have to fight against a terrain that is also actively trying to get me killed.

I lost interest after WG NA/EU confirmed they were anime hating faggots. Somehow Chieftain can sit around and claim things are "historical", yet we have things like the E50M in game.

>bottom tier heavy pings beach on overlord at the start of the match
>entire team lemming trains behind him
>enemy TDs gets 8 kills between them in the first minute

>Ever going beach on Overlord

Fuck that shit. I swear WG intentionally adds horrible routes to maps just to mess with people, kind of like the beach on Stalingrad.

>most of the team goes beach on Overlord
>so did the enemy team
>me and three mediums flanked
>get rear shots for days

cool webm fud

>notice pops up in game saying there's a sphershing waiting for me
>its just a link to the store where they're offering me a "one time only" deal to buy it for more than it would cost to buy gold and get it from the tech tree

Can you turn off the chat without turning off alerts people send?

Yes, but why should you?

It's not WG that hates anime, it's the autistic players.

To still have some semblance of teamwork and coordination without having to listen to brain damaged vets screech about hispanics

>Nameless is extremely powerful and can wreck the Defender/Chrysler
>Edelweiss is an AMX CDC with a bit less penetration but far better mobility and gun handling
>can't have them now because some idiots screeched about them being fake, despite the game being easily 60%+ fake tanks

Great.

Good luck with that m8. Also turning the chat off won't prevent ping spam.

>anime fag either pretends or actually is this stupid
lol

Explain how shit like the T28, T28 Prototype, E50M, and Emil 1 are somehow more realistic than the VC tanks. The latter 3 are 100% fabricated by WG, with WG even holding the copyright to the E50M. The Grille 15 is similarly bullshit, doubly so in regards to its description.

>Nameless is extremely powerful and can wreck the Defender/Chrysler
This is untrue.
Defender and Chrysler still has better armor than Nameless and Chrysler is much more maneuverable despite the lower top speed.
Nameless is still a beast, it has to be if it wants to not be completely useless to the other OP heavy premiums, the different thickness of the front plate was likely a balancing decision because in blitz it has the same thickness on the entire plate.

>Edelweiss is an AMX CDC with a bit less penetration but far better mobility and gun handling
17mm of penetration is significantly lower and the armor is shit because it has flat parts, unlike the Nameless.

Unlike Defender and Chrysler, Nameless can actually rush to locations to get a forward position thanks to its absurd acceleration and top speed. It definitely can't out-turn flanking mediums like the Chrysler, but it's still a tough nut to crack with ~250mm upper and a ~210mm lower.

Edelweiss does indeed have crap for armor, but at least it isn't the HE loving garbage the CDC has. As for the penetration, I've been able to work the WZ-111 with its 175 pen to a 60% win rate. I'm sure I could manage with a far more mobile platform with 195.

The 220mm plate is only at the bottom of the upper plate, the rest gets thinner the further up it goes, it relies on angle for effective armor, lower is angled 130mm.

It works on the same concept as shit like the Defender. The armor itself is thin, but the angles are wonky as fuck. It can apparently bounce a shitton, if the videos on Youtube are anything to go by. Heck, the WZ-111 has only 220mm effective upper, yet it can bounce shit for days if used properly.

>brawling in a corridor
>bot in an o-i gets behind you and starts pushing

Explain this forced meme to me

it's a reaction picture, people use them to succinctly express emotions

I know what they're for

so why did you ask?

You're forcing memes newfag

I genuinely have no fucking clue what you're talking about

Super Sherman as an US Premium fucking WHEN?

Also how is the CDC?

>How's the CDC
Large and made out of paper

newfags gtfo

What do you think the ravioli is? lord knows why they made it a french tank when the french only sold the gun.

One of these would be nice though.

What makes the Schwarzpanzer 58 different from the regular Pz.58 and the Mutz? Was it one of the "Black" tanks?

Also, were the Pz.58 and the Mutz sold separately, like for example the T26E5 and the Patriot?

AMX CDC is crap now that the Edelweiss exists, just wait for it to- oh wait.

I'm going to give in and buy a premium, is there one that prints money much better than the others?

ravioli is the best for cost effective credit making, but ideally pick one you can make good use of as a trainer, and maybe wait to see what goes on sale after the skorpion G and FCM50t

skorpion g is the best money maker in the game by far, also generally one of the best premium tanks

bump

WHY IS THE RAVIOLI SO SLOW FUCK

for EU, the NOPAN discord is open to friends who aren't in the clan, just ask someone in game for the link

Fresh off the Xbox store! Here is our version of the week tanks
1/2

weeb*
2/2

>shoot roof
>get set on fire

Oh so they're finally out. and the power creep begins