What do you think of the most famous French people's car?

What do you think of the most famous French people's car?

Other urls found in this thread:

crisisracing.screeneasy.co.uk/index.php/product/base-kit-for-bmw-engine-conversion-citroen-2cv-chassis/
youtube.com/watch?v=_Dq7qirmMQs&index=20&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y
youtube.com/watch?v=KXEaiDZbYYY&index=40&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y
youtube.com/watch?v=BhfXrE8jzNI&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=gojvdvcAfXs&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=2be9rJgnVZA&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=J9QQx368kBA&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=59
youtube.com/watch?v=O8UVZQ-GH4A&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=58
youtube.com/watch?v=jU70ekyF25E&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=52
youtube.com/watch?v=t9Yy9nBYLAY
youtube.com/watch?v=VAcwL-AhkFA
youtube.com/watch?v=fTE4Y_mDM50
youtube.com/watch?v=T1_DGvik0rY
youtube.com/watch?v=hFMWgSgB4sg
2cvmag.fr/2013/03/le-grand-temoin-jean-pierre-ploue-directeur-des-styles-chez-psa/
youtube.com/watch?v=7wPRC_U6Cb8
leboncoin.fr/voitures/offres/bourgogne/occasions/?brd=Citroen&mdl=2cv&sp=1
youtube.com/watch?v=g6ouhbRyJcI
youtube.com/watch?v=yFQQnPN3sSg
supercars.net/blog/1922-fiat-804/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hate french people

TWINGI

twingo is not as fun than the 2cv

why?

R1200GS or 247 swap
mabu some twin engine 4wd 4ws set up
I like the suspension system and there are some biddy cool sports conversions for the cv2

Renault 4 is less famous but more influential
its a boring car ppl forget about

sure, swaping BMW engine is a good solution, but 2cv is not made for speed.
i have drive a 4L Savane, more power than 2cv, but borring. The 2cv is more fun, more easy to repair (aircooled engine)

crisisracing.screeneasy.co.uk/index.php/product/base-kit-for-bmw-engine-conversion-citroen-2cv-chassis/

I suppose its terrifying enough to drive with only 2 hp
good handling tho
>more easy to repair (aircooled engine)
I get that appeal but like the fiat 600 or 4cv type of car
they are still too slow for use on the open road
that and the EV conversions are neat

the 2cv6 have a 602cc with 29hp and 3 fiscal horse, max speed 110-120 km/h... but very noisy and too much vibration.
those engines are nice,
Thre 2cv engine was design by walter Beccia (who created competition engine for Talbot), an aluminium engine with parts mounted on liquid nitrogen, front wheel drive and breaks onboard (cooled by engine fan for breaking disk version).
It was very modern in 1948

youtube.com/watch?v=_Dq7qirmMQs&index=20&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y

youtube.com/watch?v=KXEaiDZbYYY&index=40&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y

I like it.

Always wondered what one would be like with the 650cc twin from an ER6N and about 60-70hp.

honestly, it's a very simple car, low fuel consumption, but it's not made for motorway. It's fun to drive, in a 2cv speed is useless, it's made for cruising in legal speed, enjoy the view by the soft top.

Inside a 2cv6
youtube.com/watch?v=BhfXrE8jzNI&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=1

English language tests
youtube.com/watch?v=gojvdvcAfXs&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=2be9rJgnVZA&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=3

the very first one (1948)
youtube.com/watch?v=J9QQx368kBA&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=59

A wonderful AZAM version
youtube.com/watch?v=O8UVZQ-GH4A&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=58

How Citroën build 2cv in 1990
youtube.com/watch?v=jU70ekyF25E&list=PLzRGJArgzmo4wBClgTCd6lTPj_rX96n6y&index=52

It's an honest mechanical man-to-machine car from an honest world of the past

Where's the rear suspension?

the 2cv suspension run allong the chassis, see this video, it explain how to replace them

youtube.com/watch?v=t9Yy9nBYLAY
youtube.com/watch?v=VAcwL-AhkFA

guy trying to rollover a 2cv
youtube.com/watch?v=fTE4Y_mDM50

a full rebuild, move 3 min for the suspension
youtube.com/watch?v=T1_DGvik0rY

its the same as the front
springs on the side have a telescoping section that acts on bell cranks to the trailing arms (leading arms in front ofc)
in such a way that the front right wheel cant be moved without affecting the back left
very soft with lots of body roll
but a smooth ride so much so they used to be used as a camera dolly for filming horse races

that's a 2cv "voisin" modified 4x4... very efficiency in offroad (i have see some of them in the "Morvan TT Deuche")

I like them.

Ever hear about the guy who got stuck in the desert and turned his 2CV into a motorcycle

i read thin in 2cv Magazine. Crazy story.

In fact, a lot of 2cv owners goes in Morocco or Algeria, because the were old French colonies and a lot of people speak French, and it is easy and cheap to get there through the strait of gibraltar

youtube.com/watch?v=hFMWgSgB4sg

I drove a Citroen 2cv and I really prefer its little cousin, the Citroen Dyane which I also drove. It's basically 90% the same car, but you have a more """powerful""" engine and better brakes.

More power is highly appreciated, especially when starting from a standing point and going uphill with 4 people onboard. The 2cv basically stalled in the middle of the climbing while the Dyane could make it.

I am French and EVERY single car produced by french companies are FUCKING UGLY !!!
Thanks god the Germans are next door.

The Dyane is a good evolution of the 2cv, and a good alternative for less money.

Faut pas exagérer. Avant de fantasmer sur les Allemands, faut se rappeler que la France est une terre d'innovation, alors que nos voisins d'outre-Rhin restent attachés à un conservatisme sans prose de risque. Vas dans un showroom Audi, BMW ou Mercedes, c'est comme dans une boutique de pret-à-porter: le même article dans toutes les tailles différentes.
Chez Citroën, Flaminio Bertoni a dessiné des autos commes des oeuvres d'art, Robert Opron a su réinventer la marque dans les seventies, et Jean Pierre Ploué à contribué à réinventer la marque après une lente descente aux enfers.

Tu prétends que les Françaises sont moches, mais n'oublies pas que les constructeurs automobile Français ont produit la Traction avant, la DS, la SM, toute la série des Alpines Renault, la 406 coupé, la 504 cabriolet, la 308 RCZ (restylée), la 205 GTI, sans oublier des marques comme Venturi, ou la magnifique Facel Vega.
Les dernières productions Peugeot ont un style très original, Citroën ose l'originalité avec la C3, C3 aircross, C4 cactus, et même les dernières Renault sont loin d'être vilaines (sauf le logo qui selon moi est trop gros et gâche la face avant).
Et n'oublions pas DS qui est devenu une marque à part entière, et qui propose du haut de gamme vraiment différent qui ose bousculer les codes germaniques du luxe (DS5)

you guys seem like you're into french cars, what can you tell me about the renault super five?

The Renault Super 5 is the evolution of the Renault 5. This car is interesting for the sport version: R5 Turbo, R5 Alpine, R5 Trubo with central engine (a fucking monster)

4 cylindre engine 1397cc
Turbo Garet T3 with aircooler
160 HP for 970 kg !!!

in 1981 that was insane in a little car

Not to mention you can easily get 200hp out of that little pushrod inline 4.
That thing was on par with early 911s in terms of risk of death by snap oversteer.

even the 2cv have a sport pedigree, the first one was the Barbot 2cv, who set some world record in track with a small engine

sure, in france we call this car "la faiseuse de veuve" (the widow maker) because of the lag of the turbo... this car is rare because a lot of people kill themself with it

dont forget the rare Clio V6, a little monster.

Realy lovely car and weirdly the biggest v-magnet a normy could buy. Sadly rediculously overprized due to the huge fanbase

>not including the superior version

FUCKFUCKFUCK GUYS I JUST SPENT SOME FIFTEENISH MINUTES HANDBRAKE DORIFTOING MY SUPER FIVE ON A FIELD AND I STALLED IT A FEW TIMES, SINCE THE LAST TIME IT STALLED IT JUST PRODUCES A WEIRD TINNY SOUND COMING FROM THE ENGINE ON IGNITION

PLEASE HELP ME I DON'T WANT MY BABBY TO DIE SO SOON I SAVED HER FROM THE SCRAPHEAP

Much bigger than I thought they'd be

The SM is an awesome car, but launched during the petrol crisis of the seventies with a massive fuel consumption. She deserves a better future...

Make way for the superior people car

The first twingo was a nice car, a good concept full of color in the nineties when cars were sad and grey. But with time Renault abandoned the fun on this car to make conventional little cars

The first twingo no longer exist, but this car have been draw by Jean-Pierre PLOUÉ, who leaver Renault and became the chief designer of Citroën. He create cars for Citroën, Peugeot and DS (PSA group) and he is a 2cv lover: he owns a 2cv AZL from 1957

2cvmag.fr/2013/03/le-grand-temoin-jean-pierre-ploue-directeur-des-styles-chez-psa/

youtube.com/watch?v=7wPRC_U6Cb8

a legend said Ferdinand Porshe come in occupied France because he know Citroën works on the TPV concept (namecode for the 2cv), and Pierre Boulanger (Citroën's director) refused him to see the prototype

The 2cv and the Beetle, two conception of people's car:
2cv: advanced technology on his time, smart solution, lightness, created for farmers, front aluminium engine with wrontwheel drive, soft top

VW: german standart build, original technology, much more heavy than 2cv, created for the reich motorway, back engine and rear wheel drive...

Two different solution for one goal: offer a cheap car for mass people, and the both were good

true, I own a beetle and daily drive it so I am biased

4cv is a thing
also the vw is partly czech
really convoluted history behind the interactions between company's

I love it and I want one badly

IMO the Italians did the best people's car

nice car for the street, but too small for a regular use

old people cars are the best way to drive

good 2cv are expensive, even here in France.
See by yourself, 2000€ at less for a car with a few rust and a correct chassis.

leboncoin.fr/voitures/offres/bourgogne/occasions/?brd=Citroen&mdl=2cv&sp=1

I know and frankly I could blow much more money into one that's not the issue; the actual issue is expatriation

A 2CV, a classic Mini and a Nuova 500 is my perfect classic garage.

Nope, i'm Nationalist

I love the old people cars, they are like toys we can ride

The SM was fine compared to the GS Birotor

that and they would often haul 4 passengers in sub 800 kg cars with less than 50 hp
>the poverty is real

i'm saving money to buy a good 2cv (for 3000€), my first 2cv have been crashed three years ago by a guy in a SUV who dont respect the red light (he hit the right/back of the car). My insurance give me 274€ for compensation because my car was too old (1973)... the worst about this was I own this car since 2 month

The adequacy is real. Not in any point in history were 200 hp required to transport four people.

Better fuel consumption than its competitors actually, thanks to the unrivaled aerodynamics. 140 mph and 19 mpg in 1970 out of a 170 hp engine.

the first 2cv weighs 495 kg and had a 375cc engine of only 9 hp
the 2cv6 weighs 575 kg and had a 602cc engine of a wonderfull 29 hp !!!

the SM and the GS Wankel was produced during the petrol crisis of the seventies... bad luck for 2 great cars

Lots of cars were produced during the petrol crisis of the seventies.

sure, but i was talking about Citroën.
We need to know this crisis put Citroën down, and Peugeot buy it and create the PSA group in 1976.

I hope Citroën or DS will rebuild a car in hommage of the 2cv, like they did in 2009 with the concept car Revolt

slow cars from the 70s have open road speeds of less than 100 kph
140 kph is possible in top gear and max rpm but not advisable due to engine damage and suspension failure
meanwhile land barges from almost any period between 1900 and the present day cruse at 100 kph + and 200 to 300 kph max

getting near micro car and city car levels of power
>602cc engine of a wonderful 29 hp !!!
overpowered plz nerf

I hope they don't
that would just pollute google with things not related to the old car

I can cruise my 90 hp car at 130 kph and have gotten it to 185 kph before. Is that too slow for you?

>I hope they don't
>that would just pollute google with things not related to the old car

Paris is now forbidden for old cars, and a lot of town in France are going in the same way. And to be honnest, we cant rebuild cars like the old one because of safety reglement, and the new Fiat 500, the new Mini, the new VW Beetle are cute for modern cars, if Citroën do the same thing with the 2cv it will be nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=g6ouhbRyJcI

oh yeah... it was a time when French sport cars was great, i hope this time will come back

The GS Birotor launched at the exact start of the '73 oil crisis

They then threw their money at a rotory powered helicopter for shits and giggles

Granted it was a fucking gorgeous helicopter

exactly
youtube.com/watch?v=yFQQnPN3sSg

>90 hp
hold up there speedy boi
supercars.net/blog/1922-fiat-804/

>we cant rebuild cars like the old one because of safety regulations,
with enough boron steel and HSS it's possible

>new Fiat 500, the new Mini, the new VW Beetle
any one could do that to a panda or golf and the bmw mini is a joke
id rather a brand die than suffer this kind of humiliation

we can rebuild them, but did they sold them as much as regular cars? I dont think so.

Today, people who buy cars want ABS, ESP, airbag, AC, electric windows, GPS... even low cost cars sold in Europe are fully equiped (Dacia Logan, Peugeot 301, Citroën C-Elysée, Fiat Tipo...)

>make old car illegal
>make new car hideous and bulky
>want ABS, ESP, airbag, AC, electric windows, GPS...
almost penny pinched to the point of being a false economy

Algerie Francaise is what I think

dreadful, drab piece of shit. terrible pile of junk..

>dreadful, drab piece of shit. terrible pile of junk..
very intelligent...

>

2cv and R4L, two cars who change France after the war