/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Tigrexes Are Cute Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. [YouTube] 『モンスターハンター:ワールド』プロモーション映像 (embed)
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1 (embed)
↳Livestream 6/20: [YouTube] 『モンスターハンター:ワールド』スペシャル公開生放送 (embed)

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. [YouTube] 『モンスターハンターダブルクロス Nintendo Switch Ver.』プロモーション映像 (embed)
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928 (embed)
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/
Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kVuwQtUht8s?t=6110
youtu.be/kVuwQtUht8s?t=7078
youtu.be/nXn1JvFvu2c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RIP thread, we almost made it to 800

Requesting screencaps of Gaijin Hunter getting BTFO

Too late now, he's a YouTube "celebrity" and "content creator" now.
There were some in the /v/ livethread this morning. I guess chatlogs from livestreams are saved eh?

I just can't wait until he get shit on so much that he fucks off and runs to dauntless

So the item box at basecamp might be a seperate item box that only holds a certain amount of items that have to be stored into it specifically. Same goes for equipment. There's only like 20 equiment slots.

How viable is Narga armor in 4? I'm HR6 and while evade and extender look good, low defense does not.

I'm guessing this is just a case of "don't get hit then fgt"

What are the chances that Rathalos is actually fun to fight in World?

It's a fucking rathalos, what do you expect?

>Too late now, he's a YouTube "celebrity" and "content creator" now.
this is actually possible, he made some videos on this shit

i don't even like tonfa that much, it aint me
we have at least 2 other people that post frontier here

Basically what happened:

>>stream starts
>they show megaman, ace attorney, shill world even more
>GH shows up, tries to shill world to the nips
>they tell him to fuck off
>few people from /v/ thread are in the chat (also from /mhg/)
>we ask him if he beats his wife, why he shills for mhworld, how much capcom is paying him, all his informations videos are full of mis-information etc.
>someone says that his videos were more tolerable when he didn't talk
>"TOO MANY TROLLZ RN, I'LL BE BACK GUIZE"

>ain't even me
except I didn't mention a name

So is it me or is /mhg/ a lot more quiet than it usually is? I guess the /v/irgins really drove a lot of people out.

I too dedicate time to hate one of the most popular youtuber of a gaming series.

>we ask him if he beats his wife, why he shills for mhworld, how much capcom is paying him, all his informations videos are full of mis-information etc.
>someone says that his videos were more tolerable when he didn't talk

These memes are """""constructive criticism""""" and definitely not trolls. GH is in the wrong to call it out! It's like I'm back on Habbo Hotel.

LOL I bet that must have been so EPIC!!!! Veeky Forums FTW

Hi GH, why are you here again?

Does anyone thinking the MHW changes are positive instantly qualify for being a shill?

Hobby grade coop campaign

only two of us post screenshots/webms with visible names, though

who cares if the next mh game is easier than the ones before, if the game is fun thats what matters

The HUD in MHW has a lot of tiny flashing icons. I lost sight of them against the forest background a couple of times.

This desu. This retarded part of the community literally spamming Gaijin's channel and then snickering how he got BTFO xdd is literal middle school shit. Back to /v/ faggots.

What't the point of transmog if everything looks like shit?

F1's azure is the worst Rath in the entire series

I dunno, ask doublecross

This game looks like fucking torchlight

>autistically harass someone
>he leaves
>HAHA LOL guys he left we sure BTFO him didn't we?!?

Fuck off /v/

today some asshole stole my bag (which had my hacked n3ds with working online MHGen).

Looks like I'll have to wait for MHWorld.

it has the graphics of torchlight, but they forgot that you never see anything from a close distance there

Any good hunting games I can play on my pc? Can emulate or whatever.

Did anyone else notice that since all the GH shilling, suprisingly replies almost double the amount of posters ?
eyy what a strange coincidence

>not having a gps tracker in your bag
baka senpai, it's like you were asking for it to be stolen

there are no good hunting games outside monster hunter.
MHP3rd, MHFU, MHO and MHF-G are your options for PC.

>MHXX Switch version STREAM

>Main theme of MHXX played by a qt nip MILF
youtu.be/kVuwQtUht8s?t=6110

>MHXX demo starts (warning: BAD players)
youtu.be/kVuwQtUht8s?t=7078

Monster Hunter could sustain itself forever by just rehashing 3U over and over with more monsters and areas but instead, Capcom chooses to kill the series by loading it with more gimmicks nobody asked for.
Swimming is the only good gimmick in MH because it expands the possibilities of new monster ideas.
If Frontier can rehash the 2ndGen base till the end of time, why can't mainline do the same for the 3rdGen base?
Such a fucking waste that 4thGen isn't a NextGen 3U with Frenzy.

There's one thing I need to know about Dauntless, and i'm not memeing: Does it have a comfy hub area that feels nice to return to after a hunt? Because if not I probably won't play it. What i've seen of it looks cold and dreary and miserable.

Its not out right now, but Dauntless is looking pretty sweet! I recommend buying the Founders Pack to get access to the alpha on August 18th!

Portable 3rd seems to be having a bit of a resurgence these days, give it a shot my dude.

Hopefully those guys will drop off after World. No. Who am I kidding? They will complain and complain and everything will turn out okay and they will will never admit to themselves that they were wrong and post their favorite monster fight from world.

I can already see the backlash if they opened up the map and then kept everything else the same.

>wtf I have to spend half the quest finding the monster on this huge map
>wtf monster animations are more fluid and trickier to predict making healing harder since I can't run out of zone
>wtf there's barely anything new it's all the same from the previous game why should I buy this again?
>wtf my preconceived notions of where the difficulty should be based on the previous games is stacked on top of the new difficulties
>wtf westerners aren't interested in gathering animations and a bunch of other QOL things that can be improved

looks really comfy, look at these crowds of people welcoming you back from a hunt

>People are defending GaijinHunter in /mhg/ now

What went wrong?

You are getting better at this meme. Make it more believable though and make it look like you are completely serious about rehashing MH3U for years.

Otherwise 5/10 so far.

what happened to the paint on the poogie

thank ya fo' the game muh fugga

;)

>tfw scrubjarrod said flexing is cool

Hahah

It had an EO cartridge in there.
Well fuck it, see you guys next year in PC

Turns out that juvenile shit and lies like the domestic abuse gets old when it's attracting actual highschoolers.

GaijinHunter is trash at monster hunter, why does anyone listen to him?

I'm serious when I say I want to fight Zamtrios and Tidal Nigger underwater.
Zamtrios especially because at least having an underwater moveset would help differentiate him from Glacial Agnaktor.

I wonder who could be behind ths post?

Its a hole for the chain but I took it out

lol gotem xD

>wtf monster animations are more fluid and trickier to predict
well, it didn't looked like it in the gameplay video
good hunters won't see the difference, wich mean your whole argument is wrong
also monsters have differents territory, they won't be that hard to find

Plenty of good PC monhun to play in the meantime, user.

Omg GH personally came here to defend himself LOL!

New and original.

Don't you DARE insult my Monster Hunter internet content creators!

yes, you did.
don't you have some booze to drink or something?

MHW will probably be a fun game and it's nice to finally have a new console MH and a new generation.

Hopefully the new changes work out, and if they don't, they can easily fix them.

Despite all the whining, none of it really looks that crazy or game breaking.

Biggest issue I have right now is just how visually intrusive the scout flies are. gameplay wise I want to use them, but they are ugly and get in the way of everything.

>hunt an Azurebolt Astalos and a Dreadking Rathalos

What a clusterfuck of a fight

Are any of you guys hoping that a variation of honing makes a return in World? I thought the idea of honing was cool but it was just poorly balanced out with defense being the worst option consistently and life only being worth it on 2 or 3 weapon types.

It's always unfortunate to see new ideas floated in a single game but then get thrown out instead of re-examined and improved. Feels like mounting is the only new mechanic from 3rd and 4th gen that managed to stay in.

>No more dark areas with torches
>No more underwater content
>No more apex-style content (maybe, we'll see what world's endgame looks like)
>No more Guild Quests
>No more honing
>No more Qurupeco tooting

aerial charge blade is fun

>also monsters have differents territory, they won't be that hard to find
You can't pop in and out of zone anymore to check for monsters. Spawns aren't set either. Scoutflies are optional if you prefer not using them.

good hunters will use it to the extent they need without complaining about wasting half the quest 'hunting', wich mean your whole argument is wrong and not worth reading

dude i know what fags lmao

dude lets fucking raid his twitter right now and say he beats his wife LOL I bet he'll probably block all of us itll be so hilarious watching him get BTFO so hard

Monster Hunter Frontier!

>defense being the worst option consistently
everyone i have ever hunted with who has told me this eats for moxie and still carts

Post hunting webms.

mad online

Cham-Cham!

Monster Hunter World!

>Scoutflies are optional if you prefer not using them.
ARE THEY? This is the question. What do scoutflies and the resulting mechanics add to the current hunting system from previous games? What do they take away? Can they be customised visually? Can they be completely turned off?
Frankly, I agree with this whole post.

what a fucking idiot

I really don't understand how i-frames work in MH. No matter how much I practice I can't dodge a fucking thing.

You guys think there will be any new unique zones in MHW? With the new "no loading screen" flow and environmental mechanics they have a chance to make some really interesting areas.

Personally I'm hoping for one that is entirely underground in a huge cave network. Maybe some fantastical stuff like a giant mushroom forest on one end and a lava sea on the other.

this
having neon green shit on the screen constantly is a massive turnoff for me
i need to be able to turn them off, failing that, the ability to change their color

brachy is such a rude boy

You don't have to hunt huge areas to look for monsters if you have scoutflies that lead you IF YOU ARE CLOSE to the monster using tracks. You interact with a button with tracks which levels up the scoutflies and makes them bigger. If you don't want to see them then don't interact with the tracks and move on your own. Scoutflies go away during combat as well. Rewatch the demo or wait to actually play it because it's not a big deal. Or just read over the pastebin at least.

>Underground cave network
Yes please.
I'd love to see an entire level made up of some long gone castle ruins.

youtu.be/nXn1JvFvu2c

Also look up monster hitzones

ancient ruins city to explore, i couldn't be more happy

Post cat

So sunken hollow before shitty lava was poured into it?

you need to dodge at the absolute last second if you are on base iframes (6 frames)

Get the evasion skill and the timing becomes like dark souls 2 with low adapt stat.

Schrade to become it's own complete zone instead of a battleground, a dragon boneyard, an airship graveyard, a sulfur volcano, or a salt flat (but knowing modern games they probably won't bother with reflections which ruins the point)

>Black Panther shit in loc-lac

WE

Is this from World?

>cats back to the slave race they are
good.

yes

FUCK OFF MLX

Yall gonna get the japanese version of MHXX switch so I'm not alone playing with creepy japanese people right?

It's not even me, user.