/gwt/ - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game General

>Latest Patch Details
playgwent.com/en/news

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Cinematic Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo
>Gameplay Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

>is there a single soul in the entire thread who plays gwent because he liked witcher 3 and not because he got bored with heartstone?
I only played two games of HS before uninstalling, but I played the shit out of the Witcher games and Gwent was the best thing for people like me who wanted more of the Witcher universe.

fuck skellige

card of my best bro nigger Damien de la Tour when?

hopefully soon with an anna henrietta leader card

ETA never

I've never played Hearthstone or any other CCG. I don't even particularly like the Witcher games that much. I'm a big fan of the books, and I decided to check Gwent out when I heard the open beta was starting. Haven't been able to stop since.

PRAISE BE TO THE GREAT SUN!

What the actual fuck.

you will get Letho'd next turn, my friend
I hope you have some shackels or D-bomb

Letho incoming.

Toussaint cards would have to go to Nilfgaard, which would suck.

> I don't even particularly like the Witcher games that much

it's the best RPG series of the decade IMO

He just forfeited after i igni'd it

Not saying they're bad, I just kind of burn out on them. I want to give W3 another chance, but I have to fight off the urge to run to every question mark on the map.

It's called autism

gj burning out the cancer

He didn't Letho first? What a retard.

>rpg
>forced protag with no roleplay options other than I'M NUUTROOL and VERY NUTROL

it's a resilient unit he probably though he will carry it over. something he would need desperately considering how little cards he had left

>haven't played a single game in 3 days now
>even opened the game a couple times, browsed my decks and just didn't feel like playing

help me /gwt/, I'm losing the will to play

Mb he didn't draw it (and he's double the retard for going all in like that)

I guess he was to greedy and put another unit next to it

build lore deck

good, now you can go back to kidneystone
the game is dying and it needs you

He did carry it over, i had passed so i couldn't destroy it anymore, but he didn't protect it with letho at the start of the next round

oh right i didn't notice you passed. late night is getting to me

he could've letho'd it and still get buttfucked with d bomb

Stop trying to make good decks and start making fun decks. Get creative and find wacky card combos. You'll have more fun that way.

any examples of fun decks?

Fuck you if you play Skellige

>play a deck where a single bear breaks the combo
>entire deck's win condition revolves around the combo working once
>SK players always play bear
>and they almost always go first
>run two bolts and dethmold
>remove bear 2-3 times in the first round
>every single time they've been able to res or just play another bear
>SK player often going down -3 or -4 CA to beat tempo play when it goes off
>still 2-0 simply because of gold strength and OP cards like shield maiden
SK is fundamentally broken and needs to be brought down several notches

I've never played hearthstone. I know it's silly to play a competitive game just because you like the aesthetic but that's the reason i play gwent and will never play hearthstone.

>play a deck where a single bear breaks the combo
The fuck kind of NR deck is that?

Fucking lel

Lmao

Stop doing this to yourself and play machine witchers

I'm going to start the playing the free Witcher game gog gave me any day now

Just don't get discouraged by the shit combat and mediocre start. The story is great, my favourite out of all Witcher games.

Wtf? I just played against a reveal nilfgaard who played turn one witchers, then as soon as I caught up with him in points (Calveit into vanhemar into tremors) got a server error or something and it gave me the win, there some sort of ranked exploit, I've run into a few weirdly timed disconnects lately.

Was nice to get it for free. Got 2 and 3 in the summer sale but have only done the prologue and chapter 1 since I'm always drawn back to satisfy my Gwent addiction

there is an exploit yea

Ara Ara
You were hoping for a fun game? Too bad, loser!

I agree.

Yencon isn't that strong but having cards that basically say "kys if you don't have shackles" are pretty dumb.

getting punished by gold cards is fine, getting punished even more by BRONZE FUCKING cards like savage bear, shield maiden, and axemen is not.

is this good? unsure if i should ditch the first light and add 3rd Rach, sheyss! Yn, twe! to the deck. Also unsure about the golds i have in the deck, was thinking about vilge/avalach.

Is using Gwent Tracker a sign of brainletism?
As someone who used to play blindfolded chess, it's hard to fathom that people might struggle in a game that lasts 15 turns at most.

Are you some commie bastard from the 60s?

the best part is that it isn't perfect, and doesn't take into account spawned or reshuffled cards, so it's quite punishing to rely on 100%.
if it had perfect tracking, then it'd CDPR would probably have something to say about it.
and yes, it is considered cheating by many people.

>and yes, it is considered cheating by many people.
Not CDPR which is the only thing that matters.

This guy gets it. Gold cards are supposed to be the game changers and win conditions, not some bronzes which outperform them.

down one card? your hjalfag get shackled? borkh hits you for 26 point swing?
no problem when you're skellige.
shit game desu

>locked foglets do not come back

Why does donar have veteran? He's the same strength as Ciaran in round 3 with a better ability.

reddit is in charge of balancing the game, ask them why SK gets veteran on every card, the best golds, best bronzes, best deck thinning etc, in the entire fucking game.

It's hot garbage.
The books are garbage.
The games are garbage.
They're in a pile together and on fire.
Fuck schlock fantasy.
Cards are fun though.

Take yer bets lads.

This is a pretty fucking shit deck even not counting the bear weakness. What rank are you on, 5?

see

Regis human

CDPR should change frost so that it removes 1 from both the strongest and weakest on the row. Thoughts?

Regis

oh fug look at this

Crone brewess

What is there to see? A competent deck is playing against a shitty deck, the competent deck wins. WOW, WHAT AN UNEXPECTED DEVELOPMENT!
Learn to build at least semi-proper NR decks.

you're just a shitter who knows nothing about the game.

It was Geralt Aard and Grave Hag I forgot to take screenshot.
I also got water hag right after that.

I despire donar, I played against a guy who decoyed his donar while playing a spy-heavy NG deck, and he took the only vicovaro novice in my deck, and proceeded to revive it twice against me.

But I am winning despite not playing SK, and you're losing. How come?

>still has yet to post win rate, deck, and mmr as the original picture clearly shows
off yourself shitter

Exactly how important is winning round 1? How much of a card disadvantage should you allow yourself to get to?

Here you go from just not so long ago, famalam. Although I had just reset the counter at that point.

deck?

Would you welcome an addition of ranked filter that allows you to ban one faction from your searching? Imagine how spiced up the meta would immediately become instead of everyone playing the same three meme netdecks

thats retarded

would be better if it forced you to play each faction somehow

Depends on who your opponent is, how much you'll be able to transfer into round two and round three, and even how far you're into the round 1. Same for your opponent. Try to imagine what you'll be doing next and how much of an upper hand you'll be able to acquire over the enemy if you win the first round.
As a rule of thumb, 1 card disadvantage is an okay price, but it's really more about individual situations.
Go build your own or spy some shit on gwentdb and then still suck because you don't know how to execute it properly. I came here to laugh at you, not spoonfeed, you freeloader.

>RPG
>can't actually RP

it's an open world action game

Lifecoach had a similar idea.
>I think the ideal ladder system should have five separate factions and a different rating for each faction, and only the entire rating would count for global leaderboards, which would create a much more diverse meta.

You play the role of Geral the witcher. How is this not a fucking role playing game?

so assassin's creed is an rpg now?

*Turn 1 Brouver Hoog Dick intensifies*

ANY OF YOUSE WANNA GET A GOOD LOOK OF MA ARSE

Hey GG man.

Witcher 1 was... weird but likable and flavourful.
Witcher 2 was decent.
Witcher 3 is a fucking masterpiece that set a new top quality standard for the industry in terms of the narrative quality, environmental storytelling, and the general amount of polish (pun intended) put into it.

Which deck were you playing? I had a mirror match before so a few people might be playing the same deck

GGs anyway

Can you make decisions in AC that impact the story in meaningful ways and change its outcome?

I will never understand how they got TW2 to run on 360 and look that good

Fucking Polish Wizards

DOOM is RPG now, since you play the role of Doomguy aka Doomslayer

>tfw no golds

I had almost the exact same deck until yesterday, but I finally crafted Ithlinne and Zoltan.

The rest of the deck is pretty much the same as yours, I have Gigni and Saskia as my other two golds. I would suggest swapping out Decoy for ADC if you have it

I get tons of value out of decoy in this deck.
>decoy Yarpen at the start of round 2
>decoy Barclay Els if Yarpen is on the board.
>decoy Cleaver for axemen, seagents, etc.

What are you using Ithlinne to pull? ADC?

>Make a deck to fuck with your opponent
>Get matched against nothing but solitaire decks that don't play anything
>Make a deck with beefy points and manly men
>Get matched against Skellige weather axemen that get a million points every turn
>Make a middle of the road deck with some fuckery and point potential, AKA nilf
>Get matched against the only other nilf in existence who is running Vilgefortz and the spy killing cavalry so your cows don't do anything
And so it came to pass that Anonymous didn't win a single game of Gwent that day.

>seagents

Wow I'm retarded. I mean't sergeants.

That's not how card games work, user.
The problem with current meta is that Skellige as no true counters and as a result they are the most popular deck. Once shit gets balanced we will see much larger diversity.

I run 2x Thunderbolt Potion, 1x Immune Boost and 1x First light

Ithlinne carries the deck, its ridiculous. Pulling first light with her lets you clear skies AND rally

How do you fit all those special cards in your deck? What bronze units are you running?

Thinking that you can perfectly balance 300+ cards and all upcoming expansions is a silly dream, user. Something like Brood War, with 3 factions and 50 units in play, took a decade to balance, and people still whine to this day.
It's always gonna be several dominating net decks, and the more people play the game the faster these top combos will be discovered.

Again, we are talking about a TCG, new cards will be always released and with it will come new synergies and decks.

>You've got the heart of an An Craite

I always figured the "An" in An Craite meant "from" or "of", kind of like Vattier de Rideaux or Geralt of Rivia. Kind of makes for a stupid voice line.

>You've got the heart of an of Rivia!