>Cars with IC engines will die in your life time
Why can't we stop it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yCNkmi7VE0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think it's more impressive that you're going to live to 200 years old

Do we want to stop it?

>implying it's 200 years off
Governments (it's always the fucking government sticking its ugly kike nose where it doesn't belong) around the world are declaring that no more ICE cars will be made available by ~2030. Of course, EV manufacturers are o course rejoicing that they will have a monopoly on personal transport, assuming that hydrogen cell cars don't take off or are suppressed by governments in favor of EV.

I really hope some island somewhere with a based, car-loving ruler decides he doesn't want to bend the knee to the world governments and instead turns his island into a car enthusiast's paradise.

>Perfectly maintained roads
>Half the island is long straights, the other is man made mountain slopes
>Everyone who lives there enjoys driving for the sake of it
>Almost everyone has a job related to working with cars
>Monthly island wide car meets

muh emissions.

Though here in hueland it's probably gonna take a while longer because of whatever the government has going on with the oil companies
We still have shit cars though

>20 years
>half of cars are ev
>prices raise exponentially because of lithium and other rare earth usage and shortage of production
>power Grid that was at 70-80% at capacity is now 150%
>people call for deregulation or riot
>niggers rioting anyway because perfect opportunity
>hmm maybe this wasn't such a hot idea

ill literally go on killing spree if that ever happens

>Governments
>Doing what they said they'll do in a timely manner

Yeah I doubt it.

When the time comes i will just retrofit my shitboxes with electric engines

Tbh this. If battery tech becomes good enough I wouldn't even care, it'd be a crazy good upgrade. Electric motors are objectively superior to gasoline motors, the only problem is energy storage

youtube.com/watch?v=yCNkmi7VE0I
hell probs will be assasinated tho

No, Supra! Don't be a sad!

>>niggers rioting anyway because perfect opportunity
This

lol, no they won't. alternate fuel sources will keep the IC alive far beyond current projections.

as a secondary point, take a look at what koenigsegg is doing for IC efficiency and operating simplification. combustion engines have a considerable life ahead of them still.

this is exactly what is going to happen.
lets not forget that most of the electric grid is produced by coal or natural gas.

No.
It is 2017 and i can do a still buy parts for cars from the 50's
The government cant ban IC cars but they can make unobtainable emission regs
Except doesnt effect pre 1975 which are already exempt from emissions
So every one retaliates by getting old muscle cars
The light is coming....

i am actually very okay with this, as much of a sucker i am for late 80s to early 2000s cars

>live in shithole aka caucasus
>have last laugh

If we find a way to mass produce hydrogen, we can convert gas burners to hydrogen burners fairly easily, which would eliminate hydrocarbon and CO2 emissions. We can increase interest in production of and infrastructure for hydrogen by lobbying for fuel cell cars, so richfags can have their electric torque and efficiency without Li-ion batteries and poorfags can have their shitboxes and wrench on them, too. This is how we save the ICE, people, get on it!

Its the damn globalists.

WERE BREAKING THE CONDITIONING!

If I can figure out an easy way to prevent coil collapse from frying computers. Then I can save it.

>Mfw

Hydrogen will never work. You need water and power to produce it which most places don't have and transporting it is hard and inefficient. If you try to sell it to people they'll "hurr Hindenburg" you every time and that's if you don't tell them they're sitting on 15 000psi of the stuff.

Gas (NG, LPG, etc) converted engines are always gutless pigs. That's why propane powered vehicles never really caught on in North America. Some semi tractors have an optional NG engine and a lot of drivers don't like them. tldr: I'll take my energy dense dino squeezin's tyvm.

Kind of related question, lets say we have a emp level blackout like blade runner, what cars will survive them?

pretty much every car with a manual made before they started putting ECU's and other essential computer centric parts into cars. Things like ABS don't really matter or worry because you can drive a car without it but any modern car will not even start without any of these essential electronics

Fully mechanical diesels and carbed gas engines. With manual or non-electronic automatics.

>If we find a way to mass produce hydrogen
Yea its called electrolysis and its probably the most chemical efficient way of doing it. Even then its not very efficient because of how ludicrously stable water is as a molecule. You have to dump a ridiculous amount of energy into separating the water its simply not worth it as an energy source.

Sounds good, except:
>you can build high-performance electric cars
>on an island the chief disadvantage of electric cars, limited range is rendered moot
>off-shore wind, solar, and grid level batteries will make shipping fuel to islands obsolete

>oil runs out
>do hektik ethanol conversion on my car
>life continues as normal

Maybe where you live. Where I live we're basically entirely carbon-neutral hydro and nuclear with a good bit of wind getting added.

Plus even an electric car run on a grid where the electricity is produced mostly with coal will be greener than an equivalent gas car, and as coal is phased out in favor of superior solutions 4th gen reactors, wind and solar with pumped storage, or other next-gen power systems like orbital solar over the next century electric cars will become a better and better proposition.

>battery is dead because solar flare

this is assuming the several following governments in power in these countries will give a shit.

if the worst happens and they all continue with it, fucking end me, it'll be right when i'm in my 50s, old & rich enough to insure whatever the fuck i want. god damnit.

>the world is completely fucked regardless of whether or not we make the swap to electric-based vehicles
>conservatives and liberals have both decided that this is the battle that needs to happen anyways because it's fun
wew

but muh problems on earf
gotsa fix dem problems fore we go to space
space is a waste of money user why don't you want to save the environment?

considering the only people to escape the hellhole we have created will be those with enough money to sign onto private enterprises for the future of humanity i almost don't want to support space but then again i want space colonies desperately so

These threads make me depressed as hell, especially when one pops up on Reddit and everyone is celebrating and spewing lib shit. Why can't we find a way to vacuum the co2 out of the atmosphere? Was there not a company working on collecting co2 from the atmosphere?

cant you basically rebuild the most popular old muscle cars from just a dataplate now? as in, every part is available new?

>Was there not a company working on collecting co2 from the atmosphere?
How would that be profitable when retards want everything for free?

Sure we can. The issue is that no one has figured a way to make money doing that while they do make money off of carbon credits and other bullshit that doesn't really correct the concern.

Well there's the soda and food industries, and isn't it used in pressurized bug/bathroom spray canisters? Medical/scientific research applications?

Planting more trees and cultivating algae would solve everything easily, they literally live off of CO2 create oxygen

This.

Yet another perfect example of the "if people are starving in Africa then they should move to france" mindset

A L G A E

It means new cars are not allowed to be sold. You can still drive ye olde shitbox. You can still buy used. Most people by then will still drive ice to the point where they need a replacement

Over? Oh, it's not over until I teabag every last one of you electricshill motherfuckers.