I dont know if this was the proper board for this so excuse me if its not

I dont know if this was the proper board for this so excuse me if its not.

I have been living with my girlfriend for several years now and we never wanted to get married, have a wedding or things like those that most couples do.

But I've been thinking if we should get married or not. And Im not talking about love or anything like that.

I wanted to ask you guys if I should consider marrying her since we have been living togheter for so long and plan to continue doing so. What I mean is if there are enough finalcial/economic/social/legal/w.e benefits to get married and what are those.

Depends on where you live. Some states like South Carolina would most likely already consider you married under common law, so if she left you would have to go through a divorce process identical to what a formally married couple would go through.

In cases like that you are already incurring all the massive risks with none of the miniscule rewards.

I stil wouldnt marry her though, you may still stand an iota of a chance in court. But if you formalize it you have none.

Actually we live in Hamburg, Germany

Hi Mohammed. I wish you and Gretchen much happiness.

Found the /pol/tard

Don't you have some sort of registered cohabitation with the same effects? Most European countries created this for the homos before gay marriage was a thing.

Why is it that Germans get so offended? Someone raises their hand in a salute = 5 years in jail, rape someone - no prison time. Also, slaughter innocent cows/animals, good and you get a wage -- but speech is bad!

Well I'm married OP and I'm 21.

The tax breaks are unbelievably good. So are lots of other breaks you get, even socially.

Also my wife cooks 3 meals a day for me, etc., and is extremely traditional.

The downside is that you can't really fuck around with other women anymore, and it's really easy to. Fights are unbelievably irritating and there's a general sense that you're trapped with this person. And a SIGNIFICANT part of your paycheck will go to supporting her (but not towards sex or dating in other ways, which a lot of guys spend their money on). Still, if she's frugal like mine, the tax break almost covers it.

I dont give a fuck about that mate. I dont need anyone to cook for me or whatever. She has her own career and if she wants to date other men or whatever its up to her.

We agreed since day 1 we wouldnt marry because the western romantic idea of perfect love is fucking stupid and Im ok if she wants to leave me whenever she wants.

But since we've been togheter for so long we thought about marriage, not because we want to be togheter forever, but because it has plenty of benefits.

Are you not listening to me shitthead?

TAX. BREAKS.

Also
>I've been living with my girlfriend for several years now
>If she wants to date other men or whatever it's up to her
Nobody wants to help you.

Sounds like she wants to take you for a ride on the alimony express before clocking out.

Do not marry at any costs!

I don't know how it works in Germany, but I was in a similar boat in the US. Lived with a girl for eight years (not in a commonlaw marriage state) before we got married. We got a little bit of a tax break. Our health insurance got cheaper. If one of us had a serious accident, we wouldn't have trouble getting information from the hospital since we are family now. We both had similar net worths and salaries when we got married, so neither of us were worried about integrating our finances.

So adding a marriage to a relationships is a bit like setting up a bear trap in your home.

If offers you almost no benefits and can completely fuck you one day if you make a misstep.

So why do it?

The ONLY advantage is the tax benefit. And some say it makes you look more "legit" socially, especially if you have kids. But as I said, it's a thing many people do voluntarily that in 2017 carries zero benefits, and a large risk.

This is another issue.

It may be 2017 but women still do most of the spending in society. All the Iphones and jet planes don't change fundamental male-female psychology.

The tax benefits are huge in my case though.

And my wife is extremely, absurdly frugal and her family has given me thousands in gifts. Plus she has no job so she acts like my personal maid all day.

In my case, the tax benefits cover what's essentially a "free" 24/7 cleaning, sex, cooking service with loads of gifts and benefits on the side.

Why anyone would not do this I don't understand.

Found the cuck

The tax benefit part I get 100%. The rest of what you said is the part that makes me sad.

What you are saying is, "but my wife does all these things for me that I like"

> "but I had to guarantee her a portion of my income and 50% of all my possessions in order to get her to do all this
> So in a way you could say "I paid for it"

If she was doing all these things before you got married and did not pressure you to marry, then no big deal, but if you and her agreed on this arrangement and it's clear she wants something in return for the benefits, then it's like you are paying for it, it's akin to prostitution. You are her provider and her pussy and hands are what you get in return.

>"free" 24/7 cleaning, sex, cooking service with loads of gifts and benefits on the side.
Its not free. You pay for her subsistence. Plus you have opportunity cost. If your wife had a career and made even $50k per year, you'd be able to hire a maid service and eat at restaurants often if she didn't feel like cooking and you'd still come out way ahead financially.

My point was that the tax break covers it, making it "free" since the only way to get the tax break was to get married.

I make about 80k a year fresh out of college if that helps and I still save and invest about 2.5k a month after all expenses, food, fun things, etc. are paid, no debt.

She didn't pressure me to get married at all, yeah, but I can see what you mean at least.

She certainly doesn't see it as business or anything else though, she sees it as a loving marriage like any normal person would. Without the emotions though, any relationship could be made out as akin to prostitution from that perspective.

I'm married and the tax breaks are nice. I would definitely suggest it especially if you have kids together.

I acquired most of my wealth before I was married, so a divorce wouldn't hurt me that much and the rest I don't care if she takes custody of the children anyways.

So risk/reward isn't as crazy as people make it out to be. I don't know how the law works in Germany.

>Marriage is stupid
You're truly a moron. Marriage was never about love. It was always about family and property, and having an easy way to determine ownership and heirs.

AAAHAHAHAHAHA

>if she wants to date other men or whatever its up to her
>western romantic idea of perfect love is fucking stupid
>etc

Definitely don't marry her man. She's made a fucking child out of you and the tax breaks will NOT be worth more than losing half of everything you own just because she got you to sign the papers.

In fact, maybe you should get married. With that kind of attitude you fucking deserve to get cucked and taken for a ride.

Cuck because I let het do whatever she wants with her life and so I do with mine.

Sounds like you are the insecure cuck who wouldnt let your gf date other men.

Implying that I cant do the same and fuck other women.

Whats up with all these inferior beta faggots that are insecure as fuck.

All I can do is laugh at people like you.
Your mental illness is on part with LGBT. People can't reason with a retarded person. So why even try. Enjoy being another failure in this thing we call life.

>Sack of fucking potatoes

I bet my entire wealth you are a fucking virgin 13 yo kid beta as fuck.

You'd lose that money, user.

>A cuck calling other anons beta.

Veeky Forums everybody

Lying on internet

Like I stated above. Mental illness.

This could help: (888) 611-3284

>good luck