I’ve tried to google it, didn’t want to kill a thread for this but whatever...

I’ve tried to google it, didn’t want to kill a thread for this but whatever. I just bought a 2017 Chevrolet Colorado with th 2.8L duramax LE edition. Does anyone on here know if this one comes with a locking differential?

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/news/2016-chevrolet-colorado-is-the-motor-trend-truck-of-the-year/
caranddriver.com/chevrolet/colorado
motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/colorado/2015/2015-chevrolet-colorado-wt-25-first-test/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry I mean LT edition

Do you know how to check your RPO codes?

Look on the 4x4 switch, it should be either a separate button or you pull on the transfer case selector

If you mean the 2.5LT, it's optional, so your best bet would be to run the vin and see if anything pops up, check your purchasing paperwork, or ask the dealer.

he means the 2.8 retard

why cant you just call and ask the dealer?

2 questions.

Interior is clothes or leather?

Is the duramax slow from a stop?

Lel I forgot about the diesel.

Still comes optional on LTs, which means he should contact his dealer.

floor it (on a hill lol) and look at the skid marks

>Is the duramax slow from a stop?

motortrend.com/news/2016-chevrolet-colorado-is-the-motor-trend-truck-of-the-year/

im not OP but yeah its slow, of course thats subjective. to me, anything over 10 seconds is decidedly slow. These were NOT made to go fast, especially not the diesel.

I mean, you have to be realistic. You have a truck with 181 HP that in extended cab 4x4 trim weighs nearly 5000 lbs (4922 lbs)

9.5 seconds 0-60 for the 4x4, as a comparison my AWD 2000 5.0 explorer will do exactly 9.5 as well. I would not say its slow, but if you need to accelerate fast you need to almost floor it.

RWD is a good bit faster(8.6)but then you dont have 4x4.

If you want it to have snappy acceleration then get the V6. (7.1 seconds 0-60) caranddriver.com/chevrolet/colorado

Basically you dont get the diesel if you want acceleration/speed.

Best not race any i4 colorado's, they are either slightly faster or the same.

motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/colorado/2015/2015-chevrolet-colorado-wt-25-first-test/

I think chevy really could have done better than 181 HP in the 2.8 without compromising reliability. 200 would have been a nice number.

For fucks sake the 2.5 is putting out 200 HP.

What does the sticker say? If it's not in there, you don't have it. How long did they chuck you for, 7-8 years?

no it doesn't

At least the Duramax makes torque, It's still going to tow better than the 2.5. I don't know why they used a 6 speed with the Duramax instead of the 8 speed. Pretty sure that would help with acceleration and fuel economy. If it's because it's not strong enough for the diesel then that worries me a bit.

It's certainly because it was not designed for the diesel. The 8 speed was designed around the V6 power.

I know the diesel tows better, and the diesel buyers know it too. They didn't buy it to go fast or fly down the road at 90 MPH.

Course if I were buying one of these id get the V6 all day long. great balance of HP and torque for all around use.

If I needed a trailer towing truck THAT bad id just get a full size with the 6.6 or whatever's new.

Funny you mention that, as the exact same engine in the Australian delivered Holden Colorado and SUV variant Trailblazer is 200hp. When the engine was first introduced they were renown for excessive blow-by, but after the first two Model Years they largely sorted.
Interesting fact, it's actually an Italian VM Motori engine, and is the same engine used by Jeep in a lot of Libertys and Wranglers.

Depends on the size of the trailer. The Duramax Colorado is more than adequate for regularly towing anything up to 7000lb. Much more than that and I'd go a 3/4ton.

How’s do you know?
No I don’t

They’re closed atm till Monday

It’s an optional extra. Ask your dealer or look under the truck.

What sticker

>2.8L """truck"""

And?