I sold my 1.6 NB miata and bought a corolla tsport. How badly did I fuck up?

I sold my 1.6 NB miata and bought a corolla tsport. How badly did I fuck up?

Nice spoiler

>1.6 NB miata
these were a thing?

Yup. Everywhere except the states I believe.

Why a 9th gen? I would have saved for something new(er) like a 2011-2013. You'll still enjoy it, but it's a utility vehicle. It's a point a - point b grocery getter, but I love my corolla either way.

I went for this one specifically cause it comes with the 2zz engine putting out around 190hp. And seeing as how the most powerfull car id driven prior to this had 120hp, its quite a noticable step up. Also dig the 8.2k rpm redline.

Good choice.

ya dun goofed

That wang tho

Compressor?

YO does that 2zz have VVTL-i aka toyota vtec???

if so, dial back the attack angle on that spoiler, deal with the inferior chassis and just enjoy that beautiful, beautiful cylinder head

N/A
Yes it does, smashes it on from 6.2k rpm onwards. Its friggin narly.
Thats actually just stuck on there for keks, its a spoiler leftover from my miat. Also looking now for coilovers, wheels, tires and possibly strut bars in the future.

badass.
instead of coilovers have you considered koni sport shocks, lowering springs and a good alignment?
after modifying the hell out of like 5 different cars suspensions i have come to think that the oem+ route is superior, bar track use. dont fool yourself into thinking you will use your car for track use. compliant but predictable suspension is so much more fun to drive fast on the street.

The thought did cross my mind, but i decided that at least i'd need to he able to adjust the ride height. And yeah, i intent to keep it a street build with maybe some occasional tracking. Found there's a set of TEIN street basis Z coils for a very decent price, so probably going to stick to that route.

The corollla's chassis actually seems pretty solid and doesnt understeer nearly as bad as i thought it would even for a fwd. So that's very reassuring going forward.

depends on your situation, but the t-sport is still a cool car

HAHAHAHA

yeah the thing is, suspension setup is so personal. some guys like to rip a fully gutted, super stiff car with fully rigid seats bolted to the chassis and some guys (me) get autistic when there is a crashing sensation over bumps. In a lightweight car you don't need much spring rate to control body motion on the street so my preference is to have as much compliance as possible while retaining wheel control. soft springs, stiff sway bars and fresh (dampers are a wear item!), well valved dampers are my shit.
lotus takes the same philosophy

Is that a fucking air-brake in the back? remove pls op

Way ahead of you, pal

Nice pick. I'd like to get a 1th gen Yaris T-Sport some day.

a bit,
i'm assuming you're from yurop?
then you probably should've went with clio rs, since the suspension on the TS is quite shit, which you probably noticed already
welp, at least it has 2zz

The suspension has definately numerous areas of improvement, but its alao not exactly as floaty as i thought it would be. Does need getting used to. Suspension mods are pending either way, so the performance of the stock suspension isnt too important at this point.

Does it feel much quicker than the Miata? And how's fuel economy?

Feels heaps faster on accleleration. Fuel economy is only slightly worse tyan miat. If miat was 8.5l/100kk, then the corolla is about 9-9.5/100

Sounds good. Might get one as my next daily driven practical car.

Unfortunately yes

>Almost 10 while my fucking E39 takes 7 and has more BHP.
There's really no replacement for displacement

>oem+
Do you mean the sporty trim of a particular model?

If looking at the numbers on the car's computer, the fuel consumption's at 8.4l/100km.

Now honestly though the only way I see an e39 taking less fuel is if it's a diesel. Is it?

I think he's talking about mods that are in the spirit of the original car and aim to preserve OEM driveability, comfort, reliability and serviceability.

man, imagine if the NB came with the 2zz

hnnnnnnnnnnnng

OH MA GAW