What does it feel like when an airbag deploys on you?

What does it feel like when an airbag deploys on you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GWy0hHHECdM?t=32s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*pomf* =3

apparently like getting slapped in your nose. It will probably break it if you don't get hit in the cheek.

When mine deployed i didn't even feel it at all, probably because of the shock of it but basically i blinked and suddenly the interior of my car was smokey and the airbag was out.
Afterwards my nose stinged just a little, like i had been slapped. Overall its a comfy experience, if nothing else happens to you of course

Comfy experience? I thought airbag deployment and the experience was more...violent?

It all depends, I was slapped with an airbag to the forehead and it wasn't awful, broke the skin a little bit but nothing super serious. Probably felt a lot better than slamming my face on a steering wheel.
This, except the nose sting, and I even have a huge target for a nose. Inside of my vehicle was smoked up, dust everywhere, and I was more worried about my passenger's sprained ankle than my bloodied forehead.

Lots of plastic shards exploding and taking out your eyes and making big fractures into your temples and Maxillae

Airbags inflate within fractions of a second, youre basically just faceplanting into a bag of air, and it happens so fast you dont even realize what happened so you dont feel much in the moment.

What happens if you wear glasses?

bags of sand

Nothing. Worst case scenario is that they are gonna fly or the glasses' frame is going to hit you in the face or in thenose. Just like taking a punch with glasses really.

Didn't feel it. Probably didn't even hit me.
T-boned an SL1 going 35.

My car is from 2002 and it's humid as fuck will they even deploy?

Do people ever wet themselves from airbag deployment?

Only afterwards.

well 3 years ago airbag deployed in 96 opel astra. mostly yes
also its like getting punched desu,but you dont really realise it

Like getting in a pillow fight with god

I don't know, but one thing I do know is that if they do go off, it *will* shatter my door glass and break my windshield.

Kek

My only experince was when I was hit hard from the front passenger corner. I was rhe passanger is a big buick lasabre. I think all I felt was the panel blowing off and hitting my legs. Felt like a hard open handed slap on the top on my thighs; a sudden WHAM followed by a throbbing ache. The hands were down so it also cut up my knuckles.

I'm glad I was in a big american car that day. The front end was annihilated.

Better than hitting the steering wheel.
they deploy before you hit them.

Not too inaccurate

They're loud as fuck, basically like someone shooting off a gun in front of your face.

I dont have airbags.
Do they make some kind of foam thing that goes in the middle or something?

Fucking what

of the steering wheel I mean

they rip through the steering wheel material, thats why cars with airbags have such a big centre piece its in there behind what ever material.

I guess I didnt phrase the question very well.
It doesnt matter though, I found what I was looking for anyways.
I just didnt know what they were called.

Like burying your face in a bag of sand

kek, essentially

Dude is lucky his fucking hand didn't get obliterated by that blast.

this guy should do it again with airbags youtu.be/GWy0hHHECdM?t=32s

imagine this thing hitting you in the face hard enough to break your nose

everytime my airbags have gone off i was sitting far enough back where the airbag deployed only a few inches from my face. the sound is very loud, and smells like shit.

>What happens if you wear glasses?
It pushed my wireframe glasses tight against my face. I know since the lens has all the oily marks across the entire lens. It also pushed hard enough to bend the metal parts that hold those nose pads. They were bent all the way.

When the air bag came out, I suppose it was comfy. But I didn't know because I blacked out for the instant that it hit me. The airbag slapping my face was basically like a 0.1 second gap out of my life that I don't know what happened as I was blacked out for that very instant it went pomf in my face and shoved my glasses hard.

Imagine if you are smoking a pipe. The air bag would shove that long hard pipe stem into the back of your throat?

>This is a routine occurrence for you

Why am I laughing so hard

like a glass of pennies and milk

>just fucking launch the test car into space
ANOTHER VICTORY FOR WAT RACING

Getting punched in the face by a bomb?

Same but I was looking at something on my phone as a passenger and the bag destroyed the phone

I'm smoking a pipe right now in my car actually. The stem isn't really long enough to do more than a little pain

You don't feel it, the few seconds that the impact happens kind of gets deleted from your perspective, at least that's what it felt like for me. I got a scratch on my nose

a fresh bottle of melk smen