/ARMS/ arms general

>NEWS
- Max Brass will be the first DLC fighter and will be available some time in july!
- a spectator mode will be added this month!

Lists of /ARMS/ friend codes :docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vORCZhZnw3y8KFWHBZxjc27nc9HDvQGPAtuQ0bqC4d8/edit?usp=sharing
Survey: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLllf7MIurfVBnVEtZ0E1ZIEyRmvxXDxxzRrW12AGpT4dBHQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>official twitter (contains tips and tricks about the game and some news): twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/877722846859976705
youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Mummy!

First for best goo

Reminder that Biff is not afraid of being a jerk behind your back.

I want to Ram Ram Min Min!

my friend got the game today and we were laughing so hard when this happened (he is the enemy min min)

me in the middle in ever 1v1v1

idk, I kinda just bruteforced my way into GP Lvl.6 and then just did a bunch of ranked and tested out what ARMS combos would zone and bait pretty good with Twintelle.
thanks for the Perfect btw :^)

relevant

>thanks for the Perfect btw :^)
N-no problem...

Oh yeah forgot to ask, do you play with Motion or Standard Controls? I prefer Motion, but I was curious about you.

FUCK Ninjara

Any rooms open?

Who /farming/ here?

Pro controller. I want to learn motion, but I play portably most of the time so I'm just more used to sticks and buttons at this point and it would take a lot of relearning to get Kabuki-good with that.

Also I mistook you for another player, who may or may not be another user. Woops

I can never get the hang of motion controls, I feel like I've let the spirit of this game down.

4736-7102-4713

After a while it occurred to me that the entire game, even on a novice level is based around punishing, and the AI is supposed to enforce that. But fighting the AI is a fucking nightmare, even on level 3.

ARMS has an unusually high skill floor

I picked it up today, did level 1 Grand Prix, then realized after I could pick any difficulty level I wanted, instead of playing through them all.

Set it to level 5 and got shitter slammed. I was stunned how fast it ramped up. Level 1 is brain dead tier. I scaled it back to level 4 and got through ok, but the AI really puts up a fight, I was impressed.

A lot of people can't. I think some people get motion controls like Splatoon and ARMS intuitively and others just don't seem to get it even if they are experienced in video games. Seems little kids pick it up really fast though.

>Pair the only two people left open in the lobby vs a level 7 Hedlok
>While I'm at a 50% win streak
I admire my compatriot for continuing to fight as long as she did.

Hot off the press.

Very nice.

I think Splatoon controls are the best thing since vertical aiming, but I just can't get the hang of ARMS waggle.

Even his AI fights like this.

I've actually had a lot of luck as Ninjara just jumping and not teleporting because everyone keeps timing their punches assuming I'm going to teleport

Right here my man. What ARMS are you using?

More lore, fuckers.

twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/877722846859976705

That mask looks like Max Brass's

So how many rage quitters have you all encountered so far? I'm up to 3 now since starting ranked.

Now I want somebody with moustache arms.

So a genderswap of Twintelle that uses his mustache instead of his hair to fight?
Shit now I want it.

How did something like Kid Cobra's stage make it through development, all the other stages are fine but that one is completely miserable to play on

Is Parasol the most underrated arm?

They should limit it to party mode in the future.

Ninjara's stage is almost as bad. There's no reason for a stage to be this long and literally give one player the high ground.

It's fine in a dumb party mode sort of way, but that shit shouldn't be anywhere near ranked

>Moustachio
>British man
>Is in the ARMS competition to advertise his mustache grooming company

Wth is Biff, that aside the Snek is best.

>Pic related
Anyone seen any other neat character concepts?

>concepts

Isn't that just fanart?

I'm actually more interested in newer types of arms than I am new characters

BLACKER BARON WHEN?

This game fucking sucks.

ikr, give me the keg arms that give a drunk debuff

>Level 7 GP with nothing but double Toasters

We did it. We've finally become a real American.

Does anyone else hear this when on Ribbon Girls stage?
youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

OFFICIAL STAGE THEME POWER RANKING

>ELDER GOD TIER
Ramen Bowl
Ribbon Ring

>GOOD TIER
Spring Stadium
Snake Park
Buster Beach

>MEH TIER
Ninja College
Cinema Deux

>SHIT TIER
DNA Labs
The Mausoleum
Scrapyard

Don't think it's anything legit
But fanart entails that you just drew something in enjoyment of a series.
These are concepts because they take a theme and create ideas to fit within a series with their own unique inputs.

You can't really make fanart of your own OC ya'kno?

>The Mausoleum
>Scrapyard
>shit tier

God tier is
>mummy
>ribbon
>snek
>mechanica

He's already in the game.

What rank are you?

5 more ranks till max guys. Gonna go 1 rank a day so I don't break my Switch in rage.

Playing against bots with motion controls and trying to figure out how the fuck this game even works, it's not like street fighter at all.

It seems like a lot of the time the enemy character will move or dodge to the side, but my camera and thus my attacks will still be aimed at where they were previously as opposed to where they are now. How do I re-orient my shit to actually attack the enemy's current position?

Also what do I do against twintelle when she does that floaty pose shit? The AI enemy twintelle in grand prix just spammed that shit constantly, never throwing any attacks. I would try to grab the float and the AI would dash cancel out of it and punish my shit on reaction. If I tried to punch the float it would miss or get beaten.

>It seems like a lot of the time the enemy character will move or dodge to the side, but my camera and thus my attacks will still be aimed at where they were previously as opposed to where they are now. How do I re-orient my shit to actually attack the enemy's current position?

You don't. Your fists fly to where you fired them at, it's not relative to the enemy at all.

And to counter Twintelle's ability, wait for her to land before attacking.

I just found out that occasionally in the warm up target practice a rare target appears that gives 1 coin.

>How do I re-orient my shit to actually attack the enemy's current position?
Stop punching.

>Also what do I do against twintelle when she does that floaty pose shit?
Catch her at the end of it.

Don't punch her while she's floating. It's a trap to get you to try and attack. Wat until she descends to attack, and anticipate a counterattack and dodge/block accordingly.

What level are you playing the grand prix on right now?

I picked 3 to start since I figured that was "actually need to understand the game to get anywhere" mode and seem to be right so far

4 is a better starting point. Not rage inducing hard and also unlocks ranked mode for you.

>Clutched a victory by ko'ing the opponent just as their rush starts
>Twice now
Sweating bullets here.

>Barq kills the opponent just as they start a rush or grab and it ko's them
I hope they don't disconnect every time.

If your camera isn't aimed on them, stop attacking because you won't recover while your still punching. Rarely will you get a second chance during a rush to get a hit in so just go on the defense immediately if you didn't make contact.

I want to be you, Double Toasters is fucking amazing. I want to get level 2 toasters for Springman

The Scrapyard's perfect though, Cinema Deux is the real worst map

>when you and the opponent have a mutual agreement on not riding the windboards on cobras stage

Respect

He's talking about the music.

That's even worse

I encountered a Master Mummy who, on the second round, just stopped attacking and started walking forward towards me. I didn't know whether he was trying some mindgame or just wanted me to kill him, so I stopped attacking and stayed reasonably away. A moment later he stopped walking and I got disconnected.

Lesson learned.

The most honest of play. Nothing could possibly get more honest than what you did on this day.

Go get a pizza. You deserve it.

Buff/Bubb is more honest.

Why would you post your twitter in the list

Gotta get VERIFIED somehow bro

I think Helix is broken. I was faving him with a bubb/slapamander/thunderbird set, and all he had to do was punch and the duck and he was able to dodge no matter what I did(counter and punch, counter and grab, predict it and punch where he would be). Ot seemed like the only waybI could've beaten him was if I had a big/homing arm to hit him with with he was ducking, which is bullshit

Some guy translated a bit of it. The ARMS league formed about 120 years ago when the masks came to be, as they fixed the "phenomenon" that prevented it before. No word on what that phenomenon could ve, though.

>Fighting this dude for 45 mins
>Mains Mechanica, uses only boxer arms (sparky, bubb etc) vs my Minmin
>Rank 11
>Wrecks me for most of the 10+ games we played
>Get enough wins to rank up to 10 and fucking leave
GGs Cynos, Boxer arms are too fucking good.

Tell me about ARMS, why do they wear the masks?

So what's special about Buff/Bubb?

Furthermore, what's the difference between the two?

When charged they increase in size to become Heavy-class arms, allowing them to deflect smaller arms. Buff naturally has a curve, Bubb shoots straight ahead.

And with boxer arms in general, they have fast recovery and can build meter for rush very fast if you let them keep throwing out punches. Blocking them is also dangerous since they can punch often and break guards easily.

Do they also become as slow as small arms when charged?

Am I a scrub if I think MimMin is too good? She's all I see in ranked mode

Actually scratch what I said about becoming Heavy-class, I just double checked and they still get parried by Medium-class even while charged. It's only their hitbox size that increases. They keep their normal speed though, charged or not.

Does anyone know how to do ribbon girl's dive bomb?

I'd be down with a street nigga arms character, with gold chains for arms.

Hold dash in the air

Is this game already dead? It has like 100 viewers on Twitch. How is that possible?

it's 5 am

Different time zones. It's 11:50 am in most of Europe.

Is there a better feeling than watching a Ninjara panic when his teleport throws don't work?

Did it sell a lot in EU? And are there streamers for it there?

Well it flopped in the UK. Not that it means much. Splatoon didn't do so well over there either.

15k copies, #2 on the sales chart under horizon

What is the best mode to earn lotsa money?

What are the best arms for Helix?

Speed through GP7 to earn 90 coin really quick. Ranked is also good for acquiring cash fast, but only if you win.

>ranked match against enemy Helix
>the first moves of the match are me freezing him with a charged Ice Dragon and then throwing him
>connection lost

should i buy the game?

i'm not good at other fighting games, i bought pokken on the wii u when it came out and never really got super into it but this looks interesting.

i dont know what to make of it but 2gg is having an arms tournament on july 8th/9th and they're listing sky arena, brass' stage, as a starter
i don't know if they had any contact with nintendo ( i doubt it) or they're putting it there just in case we get the july patch before the actual tournament but they're a pretty legit org and i think it's something to keep in mind

>when your entire rush just passes through the enemy

>Speed through GP7
Do you think I'm a damned superhuman?