I'm going to trade in my '14 Mazda 3 2.5L to buy a '17 Ford Fiesta ST, unless somebody can talk me out of it

I'm going to trade in my '14 Mazda 3 2.5L to buy a '17 Ford Fiesta ST, unless somebody can talk me out of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C1_platform
edmunds.com/car-reviews/track-tests/2010-mazdaspeed3-suspension-walkaround.html
edmunds.com/car-reviews/track-tests/2013-ford-focus-st-suspension-walkaround.html
corksport.com/blog/turbo-kit-intro-2014m3-2013m6/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah, good idea.

Trading in for new is the financial equivalent of getting spit roasted.

"Fiesta" is just the gayest name for a car

The fiesta is too small imo, get a Focus instead.

You're going a size down. May be a problem if this is going to be your one car.

go for focus, fist is great car but focus is more livable. id get a wrx tho

I love my '16 ST. Maybe wait for the next-gen Mazda3 though? It's lighter and supercharged, and I bet HCCI will give you god tier Em Pee Gees.

Id take the Fiesta ST over the Focus ST.

I own a 2012 Mazdaspeed3, and I had a really hard time choosing between the Fiesta and the 3.

Space, price, and amenities won it for the Mazda. But every now and then I always think of what color the grass is on the other side.

The focus wasn't even a consideration. The Mazda is more fun and ridiculous. The focus was well refined, while the Mazda was just fun.

Also the Focus has a better suspension overall, it will be more fun in the twisties. Also better aftermarket.

I'm a big fan of Mazda's commuter cars and I hope HCCI is a huge success, but there's no way I'm buying a first year model with that engine.

FiST is really only an option if you can live with the limited space and quite uncomfortable suspension. If you can, it is bang/buck-wise top notch.

Otherwise, go FoST as I did.

get a v8 faggot.

What I really want is a Miata but they just don't have enough headroom for me at 6'3". I'm fine with a small car.

Oh, also the FoST is the only car in that segment that has incredible sound when stepping on the gas (inside the car that is). Simple valve/pipe from the engine, no synthetic sound through the speakers...

doesn't the FiST do this too?

Yeah. Both the Fist and Fost have induction noise from the intake pumped into the cabin.

You might be right on that. Thought they went synth in the new one as they did in the FoRS, but it seems like I got it mixed up.
Sounds a tad bit anemic due to the 1.6, but still way better than most, I admit.

keep driving your mazda and save up for a real sports car...

Isnt the fist and fost based off the speed3 chasis?

"it depends"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C1_platform

Do it as fast as you can and post results

There is youtube video of a lankfag that adapts his Miata's seat to fit in it, I just can't find the link.

yes I'm sure with extreme-enough seat modification I could make myself fit. Fact is I'm really not interested in a DD where I only just barely fit.

I will have a Miata eventually when I have the space and spare cash to justify a sunny-warm-day-only car.

Own a '15 FiST, dont do it. Spend the extra few K for a GTI.

Copied the suspension too

edmunds.com/car-reviews/track-tests/2010-mazdaspeed3-suspension-walkaround.html
edmunds.com/car-reviews/track-tests/2013-ford-focus-st-suspension-walkaround.html

You would pretty much be going to a smaller shittier version of the Mazda3 that's less reliable and less efficient to gain 20hp. What's the point of wasting all your money to get something worse in every way than what you have?

Why on Earth would you trade in a car that new to get something else that's not really an upgrade? Unless your Mazda is an unreliable lemon orchard, I'd keep it for a few more years, at least until the new Skyactiv-X engine comes out and we can see if their claims about how amazing that engine supposedly is are true or not.

2014 mazda 3 2.5 is a lot nicer than a fiesta lmao, You're an idiot. Corksport are making a bolt on turbo kit for the 2.5's

corksport.com/blog/turbo-kit-intro-2014m3-2013m6/

I believe the Focus and 3 are similar, but not the Fiesta. I think the Fiesta and Mazda2 share development.

The ecoboost Focus ST and DISI MZR Mazdaspeed3 engines are almost identical except for a few slight differences.

Trading anything for a ford ShiT enjoy your constant gearbox and turbo rebuilds.

Test drive one before you buy. One of the best hot hatches made in recent times, certainly better than most of the competition.

>FWD
>1L engine
>egoboosted to 190 HP
>plastic rattle for an interior
>engine grenades at 70k
>$22k new

ford won't say what's causing the engine to just lose coolant. their fix is to install something to tell you the coolant level. people have had their heads crack and ford doesn't give a fuck.