WHY ARE HEADLIGHTS SO FUCKING BRIGHT NOWADAYS NORMAL HEADLIGHTS ARE AS BRIGHT AS HIGHBEAMS 6 YEARS AGO

WHY ARE HEADLIGHTS SO FUCKING BRIGHT NOWADAYS NORMAL HEADLIGHTS ARE AS BRIGHT AS HIGHBEAMS 6 YEARS AGO

WHY DOES EVERY FUCKING NORMIE HAVE FLOODLIGHT LEDS FOR HEADLIGHTS
WHY DO THEY NEED SUCH BRIGHT LIGHTS FOR NORMAL CITY NIGHT DRIVING

WHY ARE THEY ALL AIMED DIRECTLY FOR MY EYES
WHY
WHY
WHY
I WANT TO DRAG THEM OUT OF THEIR STUPID FUCKING LAND BARGES AND SMASH THEIR STUPID FUCKING HEADS INTO THEIR STUPID FUCKING HIGH OUTPUT LIGHTS AND SEE HOW IT FEELS TO ROUND A CORNER AND BE BLINDED FOR FIVE MINUTES AND HAVE ANY SEMBLANCE OF NIGHT VISION RUINED

Other urls found in this thread:

professional-generator.com/sale-7608629-20hp-air-cooled-diesel-powered-engine-v-twin-for-small-boat-4-stroke-electric-start.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

haha i feel like an asshole now

HAHA

also i feel even more like an asshole when someone flashes their brights at me because they think my brights are on, then they get the power of a gorillion suns as all 4 of my lights illuminate

This. Fuck all you post 2007 car owners with your ultra bright headlamps.

The cars got higher too. Not the owners fault. Kind of becomes an arms race.

You see new cars have adaptive high beams now? High beams will be on by default then automatically switch off when they detect an oncoming car. I can only imagine the lawsuits when one of the sensors shits itself and someone dies.

>tfw thread is actually about the fact that OP is actually just going blind and really needs to see a doctor

mfw i think i'm starting to go blind from staring at the screen too much

i don't think i can drive a car for much longer

I will never understand why you bought that stupid faggot Sonic and why you post it 24/7

because sonic is the best cheap shitbox

Maybe you have Glaucoma

>people who drive around with their headlights in in broad daylight
not those stupid daytime lights but the actual headlights

My favorite is when dumb fucking rednecks lift their trucks and don't re-aim their headlights. Even better is when they install those bright as fuck blue LEDs

I fucking hate brotruckers so much

I'm not him but I actually like the Sonic desu, I feel like if cars were Pokemons the Sonic would be the car that evolves into the Mitsubishi Lancer

this is the weirdest analogy i've ever seen

LED headlights need the yellow tint to stop being eye lasers.

You gotta admit the Sonic looks like a smaller and younger Lancer

These fuckers are so damn bright they blind me in my F250. Most blinding fucking lights ever made.

sort of

Woah xD

>drives lowered car
>hates everyone for existing

the latest gen corollas are the worst

I ride a motorcycle which have a ride height on par with that of a taller SUV and they STILL fuck my eyes up

You think they're bad? People do that to semi tractors here.

Some of the newer Acura's are brutal too. The aim seems way off from the factory.

>He doesn't run bright as fuck leds in a junk China housing to blind oncoming traffic

Just tint your windows a bit

>so stupid having your lights on, why would you want to be more visible to other road users?

So you see even less in the dark?

Just drive on instruments

>Just drive on instruments

Sure, my speedo will show me the road and all the obstacles.

>Not wearing light tint sunglasses while driving at night.
Fucking poorfags stay mad.

Are you fucking blind?

blind people shouldnt be behind the wheel

No, but having lights on helps with visibility.

>Drive to work at 4 in the morning
>All these 4x4 guys run light bars everywhere
>Get fucking blinding 5 times on a 2km stretch of road

Just fuck right off

I agrees with this. Its more due to the abundance of SUV's/Crossovers on the roads these days

Its funny to think about the faggot who first thought to put light bars on their jeep, as if he looked at his jeep and said "Man, what can I do to make myself MORE of a fucking cunt?" and taped a bunch of LED flashlights to each other and stapled it to the hood.

He probably was tired of bump starting his jeep after his flood lights drained the battery after 2 seconds.

This.

Part of the problem are symmetric headlights in the US. I still don't get it why you can't have it like every other country. When I drive in the US I am constantly blinded by those SUV fuckers. In Europe it's way better. Now I'm one of those SUV fuckers and Honda guys really hate me. I love the satisfaction of getting closer and closer to a Honda faggot and his entire interior illuminating with a power of thousand suns. :3

but only if they block fast lane, otherwise I don't give a shit and leave them be

You folks think headlights are bad, but brake lights at night are the fucking worst. Red light is known to kill your night vision and these fuckers are bright as hell. Especially because every faggot drives an autotragic these days and those fuckers are on all the time at the stoplights.

Priuses and corollas with the led lights get my vote as well.

this is me

don't knw lol
could be that ppl got sick of how dull and "unsafe" 3000k halogen and tungsten bulbs were
but even back in the 90s some ppl were attaching HID spotlights and fog lamps and such so the car has eight or so lights on front

they were less normal than what it is now
just be glad laser projectors a v& in most places
>tfw seconds before clicking dat rear view mirror

this shouldn't mean shit, they should still have proper headlight alignment.

Infotainment maps

The only digital shit I have is a fuel gestimeter, oil boil level, a never on time indicator and a gear snitch.

the good thing is that changing modern headlight units easily costs up to 1000 bucks now :^)

One of these days I'm gonna get one of those 10-15kW Xenon arc lamps and throw it in my back windshield with a little array of batteries or something in the trunk for power. Next time some fag with the headlights of 1000 suns decides he wants to ride my ass I'll fucking light up everything in mile radius around my car and I'll strobe it 15-20 times per second to add insult to injury. Hopefully they'll drive their car off a goddamn cliff. That'll learn 'em.

I hate french shit for a 1001 reasons, but one think atleast citroen does gud is the lower placing of headlights.

I'm not too good at maths but.. 20 hp generator + a variac
professional-generator.com/sale-7608629-20hp-air-cooled-diesel-powered-engine-v-twin-for-small-boat-4-stroke-electric-start.html
if that's not enough add several mega farad of caps and a Jacobs ladder
>Diana strobe MI666 edition

Modern headlights are definitely brighter.
The ones which are by far the worst tho, are those that look blue. Not only are they bright as fuck, but they mess with my expectations of how shit works.
When I see blue lights, I instantly am on alert looking for some emergency vehicle to come barrelling out of nowhere that I'll have to get out of the way of.
But it's just Johnny Fucknuckle with with his stupid lamps, again. So I'm keyed up to fuck looking at these lights wondering what the fuck is going on becasue they're not moving like an E-vehicle, even though they are "flashing" as he bobs about on the uneven road.
It is exhausting going through that shit several times an hour.
And even worse, it desensitises you to blue lights in general so you don't treat actual emergency vehicles with the required haste to gtfo of the way.
This will almost always be a BMW.

Alignment is a real problem here as well, even despite correct alignment being a requirement to pass the yearly test.
There is ALWAYS at least one vehicle on every trip with shit light alignment.
It will always be behind you, and one of it's lights will always be prefectly positioned to shine directly into you eyeholes via a mirror. It will usually be a van of some sort.

And then there are the clueless cock wombles who drive down the road with thier full beams on, and pointed right into your face. And they don't even bother dipping them.
If they were just "normal" heads, there is no way they'd be legal. I want to make my car look "cool", fuck your night vision. Complete cunts.

I saw a dude on the motorway last week, at 3pm in broad daylight with his full beams on.
>woe is me, i cannot see the big fuckoff blue light on my dash so i must regrettably blind everyone else because reasons

I grew fond of my daytime lights desu

perhaps when its overcast or close to dawn or dusk

I always turn my high beams off when I roll up to lights because I am paranoid that I am blinding the poor driver in front of me.

>Hopefully they'll drive their car off a goddamn cliff.
Didn't think they could also drive their car into yours?

Common sense dictates that if they are behind me traveling at a constant speed and suddenly a bright light starts strobing in their face they will react by immediately hitting the brake, hard, until they can process what happened and reorient themselves. If they brake and I speed up there is a no chance that they will hit me.

Yeah, this sounds logical for us.
But not every driver will have the same reaction.
When I'm in this situation, I just let my car slow down until they overtake me.

And then they hit a speed bump or even just a small bump and you get a bunch of flashing as they go up and down, god damn I hate these new headlights.

>mfw when driving at night on a badly lit stretch of road near a forest in pouring rain in my ek4 and there's a never ending stream of bright as fuck fuckers in the oncoming traffic

If I had the balls, I'd do this shit.

It'd 100% blind them completely for at least a good minute or five. That'd be akin to a flashbang going off I bet. Just googling what a pussy ass 5 kW lamp could do, fuck me dude...that's fucked.

Mazda does this with a camera and when it's covered the system turns itself off. That's just basic common sense

Been using it for years now, damn thing can turn the high beams off before I can even notice and react to a car, like when you're going up a hill and someone going the other way just appears at the top

Also beam forming

It'd blind you. You'd 100% brake and try to get onto the shoulder.

10 kW bulb strobing fast as fuck? There's having your brights on, having a light bar on, and then there's having God shining his own light on you...at 20 times a second. That's this.

>Red light is known to kill your night vision
You mean blue lights?

And if they get you on dashcam?

...i really like this description

Because you drive a stanced 3k civic and they drive lifted crossovers.

see

I REALLY wish there was some way to let the dumbfuck driving behind me know that they're fucking blinding me with their headlights

really wanna see them shit? have alternating red and blue lights.

>I REALLY wish there was some way to let the dumbfuck driving behind me know that they're fucking blinding me with their headlights
mirror

My 84 Lincoln has auto high beams

I thought the blue LED fuckos were bad but recently someone's been driving around my area with LED headlights that are fucking green. Like literally just straight up fucking green this shit makes no sense.

Why is it so hard to standardize warm white headlights?

Stuff like this makes me happy to live in a place where cars are inspected regularly, and there arent brotrucks. People who do lift their trucks and SUVs will adjust the headlights afterwards - its looked at very negatively if you dont

>he doesn't have a dial on his dashboard that adjusts the vertical aim of the headlights
This is why plebs shouldn't be allowed to drive

Nothing would happen cos Im not a faggoted pussy like them.

Probably already are, but people put illegal mods on their cars either on purpose or out of ignorance, and police are too busy or lazy to enforce all vehicle laws.

>implying a 10kW xenon arc lamp won't swamp the shit out of a shitty sensor on a dashcam and possibly kill it permanently

Now you have a recording of someone using a device designed to blind anyone behind them that is powerful enough to damage cameras.

Enjoy jail.

Yes, but the bulbs are physically higher and will suck more to see with a lower car.

This car looks like a cheap ripoff of the evoque.

How do you guys feel about red halo or angle eye lights around the headlights? Would this fly in Europe?

That's fucking trash and isn't even legal

>WHY ARE HEADLIGHTS SO FUCKING BRIGHT NOWADAYS
They are NOT in sedans. Because so many are in higher SUV, the lights are still the same wattage as before, but they are now eye level. So that is a big factor why you see so many seemingly brighter lights as compared to 10 years ago. As more and more drivers switch to having crossovers, trucks, and SUV, the problem will get worse for older sedan drivers.

As for ultra-glaring bright white LED lights from the car manufacturer, even the OEMs have changed their headlights. At least all the new cars sold in my state conform to the state headlight laws. As a result, that big bump of glaring headlights from the mid 2006 to 2010 time period have been disappearing off the road as those cars get replaced. Eventually, only a few ancient cars will have those bluish-white LED lights. Everyone else wiill have the warmer white lights.

>police are too busy or lazy to enforce all vehicle laws
They do enforce excessively bright headlight laws here in washington state. People who deliberately bought the ultrabright LED from ebay or aliexpress get slapped down all the time here whenever the police see them on city streets. Because of the enforcement, pretty much no one gets the incorrect LED headlights now.

>then they get the power of a gorillion suns as all 4 of my lights illuminate
I just turn the dial to have the foglights come on and then press the stalk to temporarily turn on the high beams. If I hold the stalk, both regular lights AND the high beam lights are on at the same time which is quite an amazing amount of light. Add to that the fog lights and it is like a wall of light.

It's very rare that I flash the beams though (maybe once every six months). It's illegal to flash high beams at other drivers. And almost all cars nowadays have automatic headlights, so there's no longer any need to turn my lights on and off to signal to the other car to turn their lights on. My car even turns off the daytime running lights if there is sufficient brightness outside which does save a little bit of gas.

55 watt hids in white in a projector housing aimed just a little bit higher is best teir

It is in most of Canada. People run green too to match their monster decals.

>almost all cars nowadays have automatic headlights, so there's no longer any need to turn my lights on and off to signal to the other car to turn their lights on.

Yet I see fucking Asians all the time who somehow manage to drive without any lights on. Or they drive with their LED high beams on all the time.

>night time/raining
>guy in a modern car has his headlights OFF
Every car is equipped with auto headlights

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!?

to blind people so they crash and buy more cars
capitalism 101

Auto headlights are gay. I never use them.

Some dip behind me the other week was all playing with his headlights at a red like he just figured out he has a penis and it feels weird to touch at it. And then he tries to streetrace me with his lights off. What a fuckin choad.

Tha't usually people who are unfamiliar with the car, be it a rental or borrowed or whatever, and the headlight switch is in the Off position instead of Auto. Silly symbols bullshit actually makes it more difficult for people to figure out controls so they don't know what position the switch is in and aren't interested in trying, particularly if it's dark outside, and the instrument cluster is lit up like the lights are on so they must be on right?

Also, in some cars the DRLs are bright enough to confuse drivers into thinking they have their lights on. When I borrowed my friend's Jeep Cherokee (shit grocerywagen modern version), I thought my eyesight was going bad until i realized that the only thing that was on was the weakass drls, and I couldn't tell because fucked up symbology on the dash.

I've done that before.
>*click*
>uhh ok
>oh wait
>*click*
>huh the lights went out
>*click*
>wait, the fog lights don't come on without the headlights?
>*click*
FLASH

Who even has time to look at all the 30 wtf icons and symbols all over the place when you're trying to drive and you just want to turn the damn lights on or off?
>ok ok, now the headlights are on

The lights changed to LED which are much brighter.

also it is white light instead of yellow light.

By now we really should be able to buy cars customized with either words or symbols on the controls. I mean, what is this? The middle ages?

>I can only imagine the lawsuits when one of the sensors shits itself and someone dies.

The sensors are already shit, no need to wait. When you drive on roads with a low divider barrier, like on ze Autobahn, auto highbeams don't properly respond. It affects truck drivers a lot apparently.

y'all niggas need to get a big ol light bar to give those dumbfucks a taste of their own medicine, maybe then they'll adjust their lights or remember to turn their brights off

No joke more than once some little light comes on or starts flashing and I'm like
>wtf is that even
>am i gon die?
>is car ded?
And by the time I dig out the manual to figure out what it means I can't even remember what it looked like

Nope, red lights on the front of a vehicle is illegal for civilian use

>In addition to this, red lights and red and blue combinations of lights to the front are also restricted to law enforcement vehicles
That's Ontario