/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Accidentally equipped the Calamity Ring
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o3Rs86GQ0WgRO7EJYJWKhYav8-80JSKxRTBEBVOLGCo/edit#gid=1904222143
reddit.com/r/opensouls3/comments/5hmxyf/list_of_weapon_attack_ranges_updated/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember everyone:

Don't invade to kill the host

Invade to make the host want to kill themselves

First for the DEEP

So, as a grapist, you have to personally kill the phantoms for it to register towards your kill count, right? You can't just let mobs or others kill players for you?

>Don't invade high levels
>Don't invade to kill the host
Why is /dsg/ so bad at invading?

because /dsg/ thinks invasions are just unfair duels, instead of being about making hosts regret ever buying the game

A solo host is just a ganker that hasn't summoned yet.

But that's exactly what advocates

>invading into gank squads where literally everything is stacked against you
>needing the covenant rewards at all instead of doing the invasion for the fun of it

redpill me on the falchion

People use curved swords for the speed so if you're using the heavier curved sword moveset you'd might as well use a straight sword for better damage and range

Good raw weapon for low level builds and spell blades, I think it's also the longest curved sword that isn't Pontiff's.

Not the DPS monster it used to be unfortunately.

this. don't trust a host no matter how his honor bows to you. If you attack one of his defenders...9/10 he WILL attack you from behind

attack without mercy and don't pause if he chugs the sunny d

I want to own a pet hollow cleric

>host fights without summons until it becomes clear he's not going to win

how much poise do you ideally want when using ultra-weapons? CGS' included

you're misreading

"invade to kill the host" = invading pretending it's a duel

"invade to make the host want to kill themselves" = invade to troll, waste their time, prevent them from reaching the boss, make mistakes, and make playing the game an overall terrible experience until they want to commit suicide

30 is a good baseline minimum to hit. You can't really get far past 40 without dumping into Vit and going full Havel's or full Morne's.

>Good raw weapon for low level builds and spell blades, I think it's also the longest curved sword that isn't Pontiff's.

God no, it's one of the shortest when 1 or 2 handed with only the Shotel and Crescent Moon Sword being shorter.

>Duel on arena
>Opponent applies a buff
>I fire a crossbow at him
>He applauds
What do they mean by this? It happens like half the time I duel a buff build.
Is it "Congratulations, you have found a flaw in my buff build, by exploiting my only weakness which is being vulnerable when I buff, you have outsmarted me" or "You're such a no honor faggot"?

>I can Beat DS3+7 with ease
>Can't beat Moonlight Butterfly or Gargoyles in DS

What the fuck

Depends on which ultra weapon and what you want to poise through. Calculate yourself.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o3Rs86GQ0WgRO7EJYJWKhYav8-80JSKxRTBEBVOLGCo/edit#gid=1904222143

>DS1 bosses don't stagger on every hit
>DS1 bosses don't let you roll twice in a row easily

going back to DS1 is really hard after DS3 because you're used to rolling as soon as you need to roll and then just keep mashing roll afterward. But in DS1 the stamina cost and delay between rolls is so long that enemies like the butterfly or gargoyles will just clip you every time you roll too early.

you forgot how to use a shield

Reminds me, but did everyone start using the stay down gesture after ringed city DLC launched, only time I happened to notice it's usage

Are you thinking of the Scimitar?
Falchion can't be that much shorter than FS and CCS, at least from what I remember.

It's definitely longer than Ghru, Scimitar, painting guardians and I'm pretty sure Sellsword as well.

I know that they're fine as pacific enemies and that Souls isn't a series for laughs but i would've liked these to have their own "i shall partake" with a ridiculously high voice.

The model hitbox may be longer but the effective attack hitbox is one of the shortest. The Scimitar is actually one of the longest Curved Sword 2HR1 hitboxes even if the 1HR1 is shorter. The Rotten Ghru and Painting Guardian Sword are also effectively longer than the Falchion 2H now since the TRC patch stealth buffed their range. Here's a good general list of weapon ranges in practice with more info:

reddit.com/r/opensouls3/comments/5hmxyf/list_of_weapon_attack_ranges_updated/

Also I believe you can't roll at an angle in the first souls, only left/ right, foward/back

>dueling in arena
That was your first mistake.

The last 100 levels must take more than the previous 700

you heading for 99 every stat bro?

You mean Point Down?
Yeah, it was always used as a BM gesture, but now people use it more to anger the newcomers from the DLC.
It's fascinating how one of the worst BM gestures from old games became the most popular one in Dark Souls 3, despite being downgraded to a direction command.
I hate how "No Way", "Mock", "This one is on me", "Look Skyward" and "Decapitation" was removed, it seems like every gesture that angered sissies was removed on purpose and now we are left with castrated Stay Down and Sarcastic Clapping.

Yep. Even by item swapping great champion souls and popping 99s, it takes forever. I'm sl730 and each levels costs ~10mil

I bet the legit-methods max level club is even more exclusive than the BB platinum club, since even cheating takes a lot of time.

I'm sure at some point you'd just be rushing NGs to get back to Yoel for five levels.

)you

At least I've still got Duel Bow.

Duel bow is trash. Dignified bow if you're gonna be fancy, proper if you're a slut, otherwise regular

>tfw I still call it stay down gesture from countless people using it and some shit I remember from injustice
Yeah I semi miss the good old fashion well? What is it! Gesture. That does seem like a good point though about the DLC.

It's about 2.6 billion souls from 1-802, but any gains after 400~ are pretty much worthless.

At what level does everyone and their mother stop using the dragonslayers axe?

That's what's good about Duel Bow, it's so obsequious that it loops back around to being enraging.

I mean, imagine that some guy just killed you by running up and hornetstabbing you in the back while you're fighting a ringed knight. You pivot your camera, ready for a point down or applause, but instead you get this elaborate bow. Like he thinks it was honorable, like he thought it was a good fight, like he did something there. Don't you feel your blood just boiling? That's what I always imagine it's like on the other side, and I imagine my character pointing a big, shit-eating grin down at the corpse as he does it.

I don't really get why nobody uses "Welcome".

"Well, what is it?" will always be a classic to me and "Welcome" looks just like it.

No, not really. Regular or proper bow would achieve this better. At least for me

DSA stops being good once you get out of low-level twink territory. Ultimately that means transitioning up to the point where you can actually encounter Creighton in Irithyll, so around SL35 or so.

Why is parrying so fun

awesome resource thanks man

Based on recent Pvp experiences the game is in dire dire need of either a shrug emote, or a wood carving that says:
"What the fuck were you trying to do there, do you have brain problems?"

this is what i hate about dark souls. only 2 cinders in and i want to try a different build

I know that feeling.

I've been fighting off a stupid desire to make a SL240 Havel The Rock character.

Never played DS2 but I'm starting Scholar as a qt sorcerer and was wondering if you guys had any helpful advice. Spells, weapons, etc.

I know people already hate that you can rebirth to suit whatever the new hotness in the meta is so easily, but I really would have liked to have been able to change gender and starting class on NG+ cycles to make things less boring.

>blade of the darkmoon summoned
>farron greatsword w/ shield of want
>immediately dies
Why do all darkmoons suck ass?

>BB platinum club

I was curious about this so I did some comparison and number crunching

Looks like BB is actually fairly easy to platinum compared to other games.

Regular sorcery is trash in DaS2 PVE, I really wouldn't recommend it if you don't know the game.
All I can say is look up how to boost casting speed, how to get multiple copies of Soul Spear and pump ATN like crazy.

>Decide to finally try DaS2 again
>Go Company Of Champions
>Die twice before reaching Melentia
Mhmm. Gonna be one of those days.

Also, SOUL MEMORY WERKS.

>"What the fuck were you trying to do there, do you have brain problems?"
Very Good! Faggot!

Pick one school of casting, and one physical stat. You will almost certainly find a weapon that suits you.

Level Adaptability.

Use Bonfire Ascetics at certain boss bonfires to get super good rings/spells/souls for weapons, each casting school has at least one.

Ignore this faggot, regular Sorceries are perfectly fine. You can get it online pretty fast because one of the early bosses gives you a soul that you can turn into one of two very good Magical damage weapons.

I'm surprised DaS3's is that close to BB's. I wouldn't say BB's is easy, if just for the Chalice Dungeons, but it doesn't really involve insane grinding or anything too tedious.

I watched a speedrunner get all achievements it in about 5 hours.

>Regular sorcery is trash in DaS2 PVE,
hahaha

haha

ha

>50 int magic staff of wisdom
>6 soul spear casts
>enchanted infusion
>enough great/heavy soul arrows to clear any area and beat any boss without even using herbs
>homing soul mass
>repair means near infinite use of special weapons and no bonfire sitting
>soul spear barrage
>strong magic shield trivializes all bosses

you can get all of that within a few hours of gameplay and only beating a few bosses. Sorcery is without a doubt the most OP early game class in DS2. It only becomes outdated around mid-late game when miracles get the dragon chime and you can invest enough to make hexes viable (45/30 or 30/45) for pve.

The only downside to sorcery in pve is the lack of healing options.

I think it's because DS3 still has a lot of "collect all these item" achievements whereas BB's hardest achievements are mostly bosses.

The next hardest achievement (after item grinding) for DS3 is Usurpation of the fire at 19% completion. So when it comes to non-grinding, ACVD and BB are by far the hardest games, with ACVD being about twice as hard (4% vs 7%) as BB.

You aren't doing both??????

>repair means near infinite use of special weapons and no bonfire sitting

This was the fucking best with Major League Great Sword.
>spam beams all day
>reload beams by casting Repair
>continue spamming beams
>equip Old Iron King crown to replenish Repair

>Ignore this faggot
>Gives pretty much the same advice

>you can get all of that within a few hours of gameplay and only beating a few bosses
I'm sure a first time player will know exactly how to get all that easily in a few hours of gameplay.

I remember I got hatemail from a dude once because I wouldn't wait while he applie three, yes three fucking buffs.

After that fight I decided to say 'fuck the arbitrary honor code' and just attack people as soon as I could. I suggest you do the same and pay these people no mind.

Half of that you can just buy from carhillon

The other half you just pick up by going to shaded woods.

The only thing on that list that might be tough to get is
>faintstone / magic stone
>repair
>a second copy of soul spear

none of which are really mandatory for an OP int build.

>Die twice more to turtle bullshit
And I'm hollow. Character deleted. Fuck it.

soul memory does work the guy is just muling / using CE.

Are there any other spells I should consider for my 30/30 dark build? The ones im using mainly are force and greatheal. Invasions only so they seem to be the most relevant, any chip damage can be done better with bows and crossbows so I don't see a point of spells that hit for small damage and I'm not sure whether I should bother with nuke spells on 30/30 stats

Magic shield is the best buff in the entire game.

That last part time usually amounts to attempting to parry 2h ultras, in which case spamming parry over their corpse is good enough
If muling is enough to override soul memory (and it is) then it doesn't work. And the game is perfectly completable at 30k sm

not great magic, just the lower tier one?

>Half of that you can just buy from carhillon
So just Barrage and Soul Arrows?
Also, he's a first time player, you're assuming he knows how to route this at all even if he does look up the useful shit.

It's fine if you know where you're going, where to use ascetics, where to GET ascetics, how to prioritize your levels, which bosses drop rings and spells, NPC locations, what strategy is appropriate for bosses and all the other stuff that comes with experience.
Sorcery is rough going in blind.

The lower tier one is better since it lasts 60 seconds.

Great Magic Shield only lasts for 30 seconds, you won't get much use out of it unless you waste a ring slot on Lingering Dragoncrest. Regular Magic Shield lasts for a full minute.

It's still better than Miracles and even Pyromancies, even if you do know what you're doing in the other two cases. You can't even get started on Pyromancies until you beat at least two bosses and unlock an NPC with a consumable.

Sorceries are very straightforward and powerful from the get-go, and continue to get more powerful throughout the early game. Only Hexes are better.

>so I don't see a point of spells that hit for small damage
Try the Deep Soul spells. They're really good for closing in and chasing down fleeing enemies.

Luci come back to us

>summoned by a guy in Undead Settlment
>he goes off to fuck around fighting an NPC while me and another phantom sits there
>BC's us out afterward
>turns out its a guy on my friend's list
Always a shame when you find out your friends with shit people.

Seriously though why do people think summons can fight NPCs still?

shut up luci

Wasn't me. I was busy posting in another thread.

They tend to be faster and harder to dodge so they are good for chipping out enemies or finishing of people that are trying to run away to heal.

shut up luci

Stop replying to luci

Being a poisemonster is literally PvP easy mode

What NPC they're fighting even?
Because the only NPC fight you can have summons in in Undead Settlement is Hodrick and he's a phantom and summons can definitely hurt him.

Unless he went out of his way to aggre Cornyx / Yoel (?).

Poise was better in DaS1. It is brain dead in the other games.

that doesn't explain your opinion at all

It was Eygil, and the best part was that when I messaged him he said he had summoned us for the fire demon before calling us both useless fucks and BCing us out.

>Eygil
Oh, Eygon.

>he had summoned us for the fire demon
Summons can't go to that area at all, right?

Why the fuck would I think its Eygil? My bad.
>he had summoned us for the fire demon
He clearly didn't know that.

>DS1 poise requires no thinking and just stacking high to never be staggered
>DS2 and DS3 poise require on-the-fly calculation, aren't always present, and have to adapt to your specific weapon and moveset
>DS1 is the least "braindead" in the series

sure whatever

Eygil was a character in DS2.
For whatever it's worth, Fromsoft really likes having similar sounding names for things across the games either as a reference or just because they like how it sounds.

high IQ

>Leonhardt and Leonhard
>Patch and Patches
>more that I can't remember because it's too early in the morning

Nah, DaS1 poise required calculation because you could tell how much poise they had at a glance, you knew exactly how much poise damage each of your attacks did, and their poise was always on until you broke it.

In the other games, it's literally just mash R1 and hope.

Oh yeah, Eygil the pyromancer. Okay, now I feel a little better.

>required calculation
>because you could tell

These contradict. If you can tell at a glance, you don't have to calculate.

>it's literally just mash R1 and hope

this proves you don't know how DS2 or DS3 poise works and just played like a shitter the whole time. You could tell in both those games how much poise an enemy had at a glance (within a range of 10 points for DS2). but you had to actually do the math in your head to pair their weapon poise up with their regular poise, as well as constantly keep check of whether or not their poise was active. Which is easy to do if you're not braindead.

>calculation is the same as guessing
LOL, wut?

>he doesn't memorize poise values and just guesses instead