/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Ever Oasis Edition

This is a general for the discussion of the Nintendo consoles and games released on them.
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /mk8g, /smm/

>Important News
「!」Nintendo will support 3DS beyond 2018: uk.ign.com/articles/2017/06/15/e3-2017-nintendo-will-support-3ds-beyond-2018
「!」Metroid: Samus Returns (Metroid 2 remake) announced for Nintendo 3DS: youtube.com/watch?v=gc9FeeAEMWk
「! 」Super Mario Odyssey - Sand Kingdom & New Donk City Demonstration: youtube.com/watch?v=t92phCwLJVw
「!」Xenoblade 2 - Demonstration: youtube.com/watch?v=NfGk6VMcJsw
「!」Metroid Prime 4 announced, made by talented new development team: nintendoeverything.com/retro-not-working-on-metroid-prime-4-made-by-talented-new-development-team/
「!」Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is a real thing: nintendoeverything.com/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-day-1-edition-listed-on-walmart/
「!」New fighter Blade Strangers coming to Switch: nintendoeverything.com/new-fighter-blade-strangers-coming-to-switch-characters-from-code-of-princess-cave-story-kawase/
「!」Hey! Pikmin demo released in Europe: youtube.com/watch?v=0p9HvJxUMZ0

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>New 3DS XL vs New 2DS XL vs 2DS Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Charts
Switch - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/amiibo-igcc-switch1.jpg?w=646
3DS - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-3ds3.jpg?w=646
Wii U - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-wiiu4.jpg?w=646

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ignore the other thread, some idiot made it.

Never played a Metroid game. If I play prime 1-3 will I be ready for Prime 4 or do I need to play some of the 2D games as well to understand all the lore?

So whats everyone playing? I'm thinking about picking up Ever Oasis tomorrow.

Prime is pretty self contained, you don't need to worry about that. You will find some tidbits about the other games in the scanable lore.
Play Zero Mission and Super though, Both are fantastic.

How are Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade all related? Aren't they developed by Square, Bamco, and now Nintendo?

Ok thanks

They're all developed by Monolift Soft but have been published by different companies over the years. Square published Xenogears, Bamco published Xenosaga and Nintendo publishes Xenoblade.

There's no actually relation between the games, besides some recurring themes such as mechas (pic related), female androids, some kinda fight against a gods, etc etc.

Add this in the X one

I hope they bring bright colours back to the mechs

I'm hoping they bring back the kinda alien clockwork looking mechs from Xenoblade. I love those designs.

They look great but sometimes a little over designed imo

UKBros; where do I get a switch?

Anyone who's playing, what's your EO squad looking like?

I can't find anywhere that has stock before late July

hello

In Ever Oasis any idea if the characters are missable?
Someone visited but left before I could build the shop he wanted, I'm scared now.

Looking like the ones I need for the dungeon mechanics.

Thoughts on Kirby Air Ride's aesthetics?

personally i loved the otherworldly and alien yet homey feel presented by them and GCN's levels, and i hope to see them in kirby switch.

I need this.

Any updates on Virtual Console for Switch?

Name a better MK course than this.
Spoiler: You can't

and its not even a mario kart track orginally!

Should I get a switch or a 2ds XL when it comes out? I'm thinking the DS will have wayyyy more games.

>Europe is Sonyegro nation
>Gets this

WHY

I'm glad, just gonna import it.

Is a switch worth buying? I already beat Zelda on the wii u

Wait until Mario

Depends on if you are over the age of 18 and past the "muh matures games" phase.

not yet
though nintendo did say their online subscription service would act like some kind of netflix for games
but i might be wrong

>posting best mario kart tracks
>literally pick two of the most overrated tracks
Good job people, I knew I'd find some flaccid opinions here.

So if we assume Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is coming out December 31st (best case that isn't a delay), that gives them 1 year and 8 months between it and the release of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Doesn't that seem a bit short considering the scope, dev team size (?), and the fact that they also lent Nintendo a hand with Zelda?

How about Baby Park.

The japanese version of Xenoblade X came out in 2015 and Monolith isn't in charge of the translation.

I mean march 2015, and that's 2 years and 8 months, also consider that they aren't working in a more powerful console like with X, and for what it looks like you can't change the characters armors appearance, so that's already less work.

WHERE IS THE CIA FOR EVEROASIS REEEE

Sure user, truly amazing track you've suggested.

Buy the game when it releases tomorrow, you cheap cunt

All I want are GameCube games on the Switch. Here's hoping.

Yeah, End of April 2015 -> End of December 2017 = 20 months of dev time = 1 year, 8 months. It's not coming out in English in 2017 but the game itself will be considered finished by that point save for some bug fixes maybe. I'm just saying that seems a bit short.

You're skipping 2016 bro.

Oh, wait, no you're right. I was skipping a year there. Well that makes me feel a lot better.

probable
the control stick / d pad / face button layout matches the gamecubes near 1to1
face buttons' positioning aside, of course

Yeah, I'm just glad the track is getting the recognition it deserves.

Is Ever Oasis good?

MK8's Donut Plains 3 is satisfying as fuck to tear through for me. I will also defend Neo Bowser City from crybabies as its the most chill for me to time trial.

It can be pretty boring at times but also fun. I liked the fourth dungeon that has no character specific puzzles so you can use whoever you want.

Yeah Donut Plains 3 is the best.

Fem mc is so C U T E

Esna is cute too.

I wanted to post rainbow road (the mario kart 8 one, not any of the older ones) but its all
opinion

cold cold cold cold cold

Esna dies. Your brother dies. The corrupted Lagore and Serke die. Miura's sister dies.

Cute

First response in that thread chooses my starter for pokemon moon, second response chooses what i call it

How many hours was the game

Eh I think I like the male MC more.

I wasn't keeping count. Took me around 18 hours I think. I'm at 40/60 residents right now.

this is the E3 Fact Sheet for Metroid Prime 4
say something nice to her

idgaf about single player shooters so I don't care about you

also nintendo is fucking gay for announcing you so early just because they had nothing to talk about. just release some ports so we have something to play, goddamn

everyone went brown loli in Ever Oasis right?

all nintendo releases is ports and rereleases
you will like it
you do not have a choice

Fire or Ice
Jet or Wing
Beam or Spark
Mirror or Suplex
Wing or Jet
Sword or Cutter
Bomb or Parasol
Hammer or Stone

Which ones do you take?

>idgaf about single player shooters so I don't care about you
you are the reason why FF sold like shit and why half of the complaints of hunters is mostly the focus on the multiplayer over single player

FF sold like shit because it looked and played like baby's first FPS

is ever oasis like zelda?

How bad is the stock situation in Japan?

Aa, yusabutte hoshii

>neither
>wing
>beam
>suplex
>cutter
>bomb
>hammer

ez

Why not just screenshot this shit.

full resident list when

both, but you could absolutely wait a bit on the Switch. 3DS has an amazing library already, Switch is getting there.

Is EO good?

I farted and nintyg came out

For what, the Switch?

Yeah.

Greetings. I have not owned a Nintendo console since the N64 days and have never played a Zelda game. Apparently the Switch will not have backwards compatibility (fortunently it's not region locked), and while I want to play BOTW more than any game in the world, I can't justify a $300 purchase for one game.

Are there plans for releasing old games such as Ocarina of time, Majora's mask, etc for the Switch? I would also love to finally play the Xenoblade series but was hoping if at least the WiiU version is playable on Switch. Aside from Mario Odyssey, the system looks to have a weak lineup. Thank you for any help.

Maybe stop being such a casual that only cares about Mario, Zelda and Pokémon probably.

Either get a 3DS to play OoT 3D and MM 3D or just emulate them.

But I'm primarily a pc player and PS user.

See

>The only games that really interest you on the 3DS are SEGA 3D Classics
I mean I love the SEGA, but nothing else really catches my eye.

But I have not interest in the lineup except for the games I mentioned and was hoping for backwards compatibility at least for the major series such as Zelda and Xenoblade.

Then get a wiiu, all of the games you mentioned except for odyssey are playable on it.

And we really don't need OoT/MM to be ported yet again. It's been on every nintendo console since it was first released 20 years ago.

Buy a fucking wii u then

>KKKirby

Anyone want any gold coin rewards from My Nintendo besides the 3ds themes?
My coins are expiring.

You may as well just emulate everything up to the Wii then. The Wii U has nothing going for it besides games that are better on Switch.

>someone modded Solgaleo and Lunaala as Duck Hunt in Sm4sh
cute

Look at the WiiU.

>Release console to hype
>no 3rd part devs come on board
>nintendo AAA titles fail
>console gets forgotten

Same thing is happening with switch, except its only a handheld that wants to be a console where the wiiu was only a home console that wanted to be a handheld.

The WiiU can be modded to play almost the entire nintendo library, except for the switch with no games. With prices what they are now and all of them moddable its a steal.

fuck off m8

Why did you buy a switch, /nintyg/? Don't you know they're shit?

WHO POKED A HOLE IN THAT SEAL

Is there an up to date list of upcoming games for the Switch?

Wikipedia has a somewhat decent one.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games

nintenyearold

What happened to Rime?

Reminder that ps4vr has about as many games as switch does, but more exclusives.

>This article lists current and upcoming games for the PlayStation VR headset.
>There are currently 224 games on this list.

>This is a list of games for the Nintendo Switch.
>There are currently 264 games on this list.

You were fucking dead babt go stay dead.

Well Nintendo Badge Arcade is finally over in the UK.
When you start it up, you actually get the end credits and it's quite lengthy.

The Arcade Bunny still doesn't give you an actual name though, wish they did.
It's also two free plays every day from now on, so that's nice.

It'd be nice if someone made a recording of the final update and the choices you can make.