/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is a Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/6-patch-notes/

>Guides, guilds, Olvia Channel FAQ, and other info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru

>EnHANCEMENT it's fucking >ENHANCEMENT< Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/
reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5gzhox/alexmac_gear_enchant_guide_get_those_tets_boys/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.

Previous thread:

just buyed the game from steam and what is this image??

is there anything at all going on in eu or do i have to play on na to have fun

I want to fuck the clown

It's the sign for kys

eu is dead.

no avatarfags
no erp
no milk
no bbc
no gay shit
only game talk

I'm going to fuck the clown!

>tfw watching two avatarfags milk each other's BBCs in their ERP

>tfw on a win streak in Tekken

EU is dead, so it's the best server desu.

so it's the same as gw2 then. Sucks living on the worst continent

Yes, and I suppose that wouldn't fix your injuries either, hm?

What do you plan to accomplish today /bdog/?

I'm going to try and get an alt to 56 with some friends.

>interested in playing bdo
>check out the classes
>there's only 2 ranged classes, one of which goes melee at endgame
>only 1 tank class which also seems to be the only support class
>every other class is just a different flavor of melee spammer
how is this excusable? especially in a game where the endgame pvp is clusterfucky. I want to be a ranged supporter but the only support is just another melee retard

Oh it's the autist clown who samefags himself in every thread

Beyond absolutely pathetic

because melee is the kind of gameplay that's engaging and fun

sitting at range is dull

>Samefag calling anyone else a samefag.
lol

you tell em mom

that's literally just like your opinion man
why don't I have the option to hang back and heal or buff or debuff or cc to help my friends. why is the only way to pvp in this game is smashing your power numbers against your opponents power numbers? seems so bland

go play final fantasy

it's a fucking action game dude, and asian inspired as well meaning it has lots of anime style martial arts shit. there just isnt much material to work with for ranged chars.

well I can go play literally any other class based game ever made and it has these options, so why does bdo lack them?
the world and systems seem so cool but if theres only one way to experience them it really cheapens the experience imo

Only numales, gays, and women play support roles.

>Why doesn't BDO have the boring holy trinity that all the dead western games have???
If you think melee classes are all the same just because they are melee I don't know what to say to you. Go play a fighting game. Stop being retarded. Idk.

I'm sure the classes all have atleast unique flavor but they all play for the exact same goal, run up to your opponent and kill them.

And I'm not sure how you can call the holy trinity bland when it by definition offers atleast 3 completely different play styles where bdo has 1 outside of the wizard

thread reminder

Reminder that witches (like me) are retarded and it's mean to bully them.

>Black Desert
>support role

>3 different playstyles is more bland than 10 different ones.
I'm sure the holy trinity all have at least unique flavor but they all play for the exact same goal, win the fight.

We all know that's you, Cuckuta.

Warrior and Zerker are just support roles.

They only exist to set up kills for the real classes.

Not sure if you're being intentionally disingenuous or if you're actually just retarded but either way I'll just agree to disagree

>warrior ult sets up kills for other classes

Warriors are bitches for witches.

Room for one more?

It's not opposite day.

So what's up with BDO's official NA forums?
I go to the general section and apparently no one has posted for 3 days.
Is it dead or am I not in the right place?

we get it karma changes,no most of us dont really care

Nevermind there's a second forum for some reason and I was in the old one I guess.

No idea what you're talking about dude.

You do realize the wizard is melee too, right? All the decent skills are AoEs right in front of the Wizard, and the ranged ones are complete trash. Ranger's bow skills are so bad that you don't even bother leveling them outside of a single skill, which is a shotgun that you will spam in melee range from the time you get it until the time the game dies.

There's no heal sluts in this game.

>tfw love playing healer and servicing my team
feels bad man, so many mmos shit on me

Eu is lot more alive than na

Valkyries have a heal, Valkyries are sluts.
Do the math

It's okay user, you can still service me

Lies! Lies and slander!

EU has less than half the active players and all the popular grind spots are wide open 24/7.

The only thing Eu likes to play is Aion. Black Desert to complicated for their minds.

>Worst pop-in in a mmo, let alone a videogame EVER
>Content droughts even more severe then blizzards epilogue expansion patches
>promised a pvp revamp a year and a half ago and still no sign of it at all, thus we are stuck in a limbo where the pkers AND the pkd aren't happy with the system
>finally nearing KR patches like they promised, and all of a sudden they slow down tremendously and now we've fallen behind again
>Desync is still around and they will never ever bother fixing it
>Instead of stability and optimization, they're adding even HIGHER graphic settings for a game that already runs like shit on very high-end pcs
>Nodewars
>1v1 or group pvp is just about who has the highest gear
>pvp singled down to a single monotone area, removing even more incentive for pvp from the game
>balance is fucked up and they are tweaking numbers in babysteps, while damage isn't the problem but toolkit is.
>Paying for a f2p game
>the pearl shop
>more end-game content for the 0.3%, instead of making more midtier-content
>RBF

the game is built on empty promises and we all know deep within that they will never EVER change anything why can't I stop playing this fucking shit game what the fuck is wrong with me

>anti-social retards playing MMO

You know who you are. Fuck off from my genre, you fucking cancerous turds.

This is an anti-social mmo tho.

>finally nearing KR patches like they promised, and all of a sudden they slow down tremendously and now we've fallen behind again
No they haven't. We are 1 week behind KR in technical terms, it's just they are selective in their update process because the localization team is horrible.

why is the game so unpopular in eu?

That's why Aion is superior to Black Desert.

Did Striker awakening not just release yesterday?
You're complaining like this game hasn't been touched in years.

yeah but none of this effects me because I don't play this game. i just go fishing

which channel sardine sluts use and that samefag clown?

Truly the hero we need.
I see a man of taste before me.

>Vjera calling other people antisocial retards
Keked.

Calpheon 2.

Calpheon 2, why did you want to know?

So I can level a striker and rerun the same content I've already run past 7 times, skipping most of it and blazing to level 56 only to go back to the exact same 3 desert spots I've been grinding for the past half year on my other character since I can have the gear carry over.

sure seems like a GREAT amount of content, the only content besides dark knight which is more of the same really that has been added in the past 6 months

unless you count cash shop costumes content

Go play another MMO if you want content white boy

Post your irl waifu, now.

>:thinking:
Go back to WoW faggot.

Also, kys.

We don't want you to play this game

I don't understand why they can't just add more spots to grind. It's not like you need to program combat for the NPCs, because there isn't a single enemy in the game that fights back.

>STILL playing wow in 2017
wew lad

Just started, how's my character look?

Looks great.

So blindingly beautiful I cant even see them

Better than anyone else posted here.

Would hold hands/10

Does the distance from storage/lodgings to the nodes workers are gathering from affect gathering speed?

cute

sorry, here he is

Yes that's what their "speed" stat is for

>White bitches on a hunt for BBC

I take back everything I said

To the trash it goes friend

Kill, fuck, and marry.

I see. Haven't gotten any workers yet. Should I have different lodgings in each town connected? Wouldn't that be a pain to manage?

>that armor
>those weapons

Holy mother of fuck am I glad I left after TBC

>Shultz Garrison added last week
>Hurrrr no new content

You'd have to transport the materials around, yes

Idd, just add new camps that are of higher level. Here is me pulling some straight out of my ass:
>Southern part of mansha forest revamped into a 53-55 zone with a bit more density than it has now
>Southern part beyond/within the canyons at giants a 55-56 zone that rivals gahaz
>Sidecaves with shadow warriors where nobody ever goes near trent and make it a 55-56 zone as well
>Make oasis's in desert drop heatstroke/hypothermia
>make desert naga and frogans rival gahaz
>add an island or 2 with something equivalent to pirates, like saltwater catfishmen or something
No need to thank me daum

>could've added new camps and variety to ANYWHERE on the map
>decide to add another standard sausans camp
WOW SURE IS GREAT CONTENT

Wait isn't pic related from FF14

>Open quest log.
>Mark destination on my map.
>Close quest log.
>Quest tooltip stays on my screen.
Every time this happens there's this distant enraged screaming I can hear echoing in the back of my mind and it keeps getting closer and closer and I'm afraid what's going to happen when it gets too close.

It's content that is neither Striker nor Dark Knight that was added in the last 6 months. Which means it's all that's needed to dismiss your claim.

So at what point does it become worth while to do that

alright enjoy your noncontent lol

and enjoy your nothing since apparently you're that bored you need to come here and type your shit out
no one cares

So you can play the game starting it from the launcher, and start it a second time launching it from Steam.
Is it considered multiboxing or whatever?
Can you get in troubles?

pretty sure xigncode stops you from running multiple instances of the game from the same pc.

Something must be fucked then because I'm doing it right now.

Wrong.

Can I avatarfag too?