The new civic type r has auto rev match on down shifts. Why not just fucking make it an automatic...

The new civic type r has auto rev match on down shifts. Why not just fucking make it an automatic? Why not just make it a self driving car? I honestly used to like Honda. They're not what they used to be. The car is literally undrivable.

Almost every car does this now. If you want to die a little more, there's a thing where you don't even have to lift your foot off the gas when you shift.

What year did they start doing this so I know what year to buy?

You can turn that off. What bothers me, is the lack of a proper mechanical e-brake.

Then its not an E-brake.

There is no such thing as an e-brake you autistic fucks. It's a parking brake. Youre upset about a lack of a mechanical parking brake

I'm pretty sure you can turn it off like hill assist

KEK

I don't know if Honda does it. But Cadillac ATS-V does it and some Ford's have it.

>There is no such thing as an e-brake you autistic fucks.

>Arguing semantics over what to call a mechanical brake
>Calls others autistic
>Welcome to Veeky Forums

The E stands for Emergency ya dinguses

technically a car with synchro's already auto rev matches for you, all the newer transmissions do is makes it smooth.

i guess by that logic, most manual cars since the 90's might as well be automatics and are literally undrivable

Except you never use it in emergencies so what's the point of calling it that?

Now this is arguing semantics. What a time to be alive

hmm idk, have you experience completely brake failure at the pedal and needed to stop somewhat quickly? You don't pull it just because of an emergency smart guy.

>except you never use it in emergencies
Except you do, as it does not require hydraulic fluid to work. If you lose brake pressure/fluid you can pull on the E-BRAKE to grip down on the rear rotor manually. And slow yourself.

Dumb ass.

Almost all the new "sporty" cars are doing this nowadays. At least in the Hyundai i30N you can disable it tho. I suppose you should be able to turn it off in the new Type R too.

Fucking morons. 70% of braking is down on the front rotors. Parking brake does shit in slowing down. That's hwy it's called the parking brake. Eat shit.

Everyone understands how braking works. It's called both. In the United States it is commonly referred to by the name "E-Brake". Which means emergency brake. You can argue this point until you are breathless. That is what is taught over here. Obviously a competent driver would employ every manner of deceleration possible, before using the mechanical brake , and yes it would not apply much braking force, but it is something.

Open your car manual

I'm not arguing with you. It is also called a parking brake, and used as such. Screaming about how it is only a parking brake and should only be called that is pointless. People say, "E-Brake" and say emergency brake. And in the event of hydraulic brake failure can be used to slow the car down, albeit very badly.

kek

Because most people who drive manual don't really know how to drive it properly.

jesus op you're a fucking pussy

You can't even rev match dipshit