/twg/ - Total War General

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Campaign map flyover for WH2
youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old Thread:

Attila

G O B L I N S

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT THE THREAD THEME IS WHEN THERE'S NO EDITION

Soon(tm)

I AM _________ AND _________

>thread theme

What a meme

>Playing as Empire
>Facing human armies
>Beastmen attack me
>Dwarfs and Vampires declare war against me
>Wood elfves resent me
>No human wants to do anything with me
>Somehow I am untrustworthy when I haven't done shit

The fuck is this?

AAAAAAHHHHHH

ATHEL LOREN

The eternal glade!

DO WHAT YOU WANT
CAUSE YOU'RE A PIRATE IS FREE
YOU ARE A PIRATE

delete this right fucking now

That's a big resolution

What's a Total War fans favourite variant of pizza?

Robbies gonna be a Zombie Pirate bretty soon.

Cheese pizza

First for Lustria genocide!

>when you have to literally wait for them to run out of ammo
Man I fuggin HATE skirmishers

Anchovy and Sausage.

*cut to generic empire units*

>33% off DLC

THANK YOU CA, YOU ARE SO GENEROUS AND NOT JEWISH AT ALL.

Now I can finally recruit RoR's just like the AI!

>recruiting RoRs

You should be using the mod that disables them.

Press K to turn off the UI.

>pirate vampire faction will have generic units

I can't pick just one but my top three are: classic pepperoni, meat lovers', and "Hawaiian" style (bacon, pork, pineapple w/ bbq sauce replacing red sauce). Best frozen brand is Screamin' Sicilian, best delivery are the local shops around here. Fuck off with the pineapple-on-pizza heresy meme pls.

Pepperoni, just like the Everqueen's nipples

I do love shooty armies. Should I be getting the WE DLC now that it is 33% off?

Which do I buy, beastmen or woodelves?

I'm not a good enough goy to buy both at the same time

Yes. They're more a movement faction than shooty (they don't have good armour and no artillery, so will have trouble in straight missile duels.)

press K my friend

Would you rather have a hoard or a settled faction?

Which one is more interesting to you?

Elves have the better mini campaign, imo.

History be Ballin!
Warhammer be Fallin!

I literally don't know.

I don't have chaos warriors, and I never really played hoard factions all that much in attila so that's a reason to try out beastmen, but then I also like the idea of a small "tall" empire like wood elves, and archer meming is always kind of fun.

But I've heard WE mechanics actually actually push you on offensive and spreading across the map... I wouldn't mind if it was just raiding and sacking but I don't know if I want to play another paint the map faction.

If you ever wanted to try a horde campaign you will need beastmen, cause chaos is dogshit.

>suicide is always an option

Smh you sound like a real backstabber

I will eat cheese if its there

Usually I like to get sausage/whatever other meat toppings sound good

>SkullTakerz horde comes out of nowhere wrecks my only army with ease
>next turn gets decimated against the Karak Izor stupid-AI-bottleneck-garrison force

This map is literally a crutch.

Name 1 (one) reason why Shogun 2 is not the best total war game.

Does anyone have any good medieval 2 mods?

as dacia you have great skirmishers which the AI doesn't run away from which allows you to btfo hors earchers if you use them right

unit variety

Yes, twcenter has some.

Gook history is boring and there is zero variety

Also it may just be me but something about Shogun 2 battles makes them look graphically worse than even Medieval 2 IMO. It might be the general style but it looks like dogshit when compared to Empire/Napoopan which came out before it.

A shame the AI is bugged and only attack the east gate meanwhile the rest stay in west side.

Wood Elves have the option to paint the map, but outside of Athel Loren, their cities are poorly garrisoned tier 1 outposts. You can use them to paint them map, if your autism demands it, or you can use them as a staging point to launch your raids.

which one should i buy in the steam sale?
shogun 2?
fots?
both?

i've heard that they're both good

y-yes master...

Fall of the Samurai is good if you liked the gunpowder based gameplay from Empire more than the traditional melee.

WE ARE THE GODS OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

WE ARE THE SOLDIERS THE LEGION OF LIGHT

WE ARE THE CENTER THE DEPTH OF THE SUN

FIRE AND FLAME

WE ARE ONE

I just got the grim and gay dlc because i want me some knights of the blazing sun. How is Ghorst? Better or worse than Heinrich Himmler?

You could just download them for free from the usual places.
Don't support a company with DLC practices as bad as CA.

Well do you want melle units stabbing at each other or line infanty?

I'd start with normal Shogun 2 and see if you like that
Also you don't get any achievements if you just got FotS
Don't buy Rise of the Samurai that's for sure

Reminder that Lustria is a multicultural paradise where all races live side by side in close proximity

Should I buy the campaign DLCs for attila?

No, pirate them.

>Better
he's better. 100% better

>Well do you want melle units stabbing at each other or line infanty?
i kinda liked empire. But i'm mostly just looking for another good total war, since I played rome and medieval 2 to death.

Europa Barbaorum 2, my friend :))

BotET is also good

Charlemagne - yes

Last Roman - only if you are a Byzaboo and playing as Belasarius excites you or you think horde Romans sound real novel

Kemmler is literally the worst lord in the game, of course Ghorst is better. Ghorst is on the decent end.

Can you just click travel button for the errantry wars like the quest battles or do I have to travel all the way down to Badlans for it?

Depends on what time period you want more. Just to let you know, they're both fast paced when it comes to the battles. The game is still gorgeous after six years.

Personally I liked Fall of the Samurai better, but it does have somewhat less content than in the base game obviously. Can't go wrong either way though desu as they're both pretty quality, though if you're a true patrician you'd get Attila, the best game in the series, instead

Ok so. As promised I will buy something for someone since it's a sale.

Who ever provides the thread with the best OC will get rewarded by an item of their choosing. This will not include any deluxe packages so don't get uppity with the request if you win. Leave your steam ID with the OC you provide since I won't be guessing who posted what.

I already gifted quite a few people that provided OC to the thread but were missing some DLC, if that's a guarantee. Give it your best and pick an item you want me to buy for you!

GO!

Stainless Steel

Broken Crescent

Third Age

So they sent a 7 stack of horse archers at my capital out of nowhere, 3 of them actually challenged me and got destroyed by my skirmishers, the rest just did this for 33 minutes

Medieval 2 has the best mods in the series silly

It's kind of weird, but I feel that shogun 2 is better, but fall of the samurai is more comfy and fun, because I'm a pleb.

Shogun 2 can actually be difficult both on the campaign map and certainly in battle, the enemy usually fields decent armies and battles are more often relatively even and require good tactics. Then, in all my time with fall of the samurai, the enemy always fielded just stacks of garbage levy units even in the late game, and the battles are often just sit there and watch the bullets fly. Boy is it fucking pretty though.

Imagine what could have been achieved if the base game wasn't so terrible

Are the Welfs glass cannon with out the cannon

>Warhammer Vermintide puts the DLC on sale for 15% off, Fatshark moves DLC off the store page and into the bundle page
>Total Warhammer puts DLC on for 33% off and also announces the sale
Come on now Fatshark.
That said, I'm probably going to pick up the Chaos Warriors DLC as that's the only Warhammer DLC left.
Also probably will pick up the remaining DLC for Shogun, Fall of the Samurai.

Is the DLC for Rome 2 worth the dosh?

Ghorst was a mistake. CA needed an antagonist for Volkmar for their first DLC and picked a literal nobody from a paragraph in the lore.
They got their shit together for Skarsnik and Belegar and haven't looked back since. Ghorst is a remnant of those early directional/thematic teething problems.

I hate germans so fucking much

I preordered Warhammer 1 but I ain't paying shit until the whole world campaign map is fully implemented and working for W2, It took them a year to get Bretonnia out.

>Amazons still not announced

I enjoyed playing ceaser in gaul, but it's the only DLC I actually played in rome 2.

Chaos warriors a shit.

I kind of like him, actually, especially him being an apprentice figure to Manfred. Still very odd having him be one of the picks when VC have so many damn good (relevant) options to choose from.

The big map and the TWW1 map are probably going to play differently so you may as well at least try the first game after the new race pack comes out.

I hope we get some more people saying aaaaaaaaaaaaah with Warhammer 2 and the upcoming history titles

Halflings are still not announced and Moot has been in the game since day 1
At least we're getting a few units as Old Friend

Hannibal at the Gates is great as well

The R2 campaigns + AoC are much better than the "mini-campaigns" in WH

TZIPENYA

ABABIBICHIBABABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HENYA MA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ABABABIIIIIIIICHIIIIMIMOOOOOOOOO

DIGITANA DI DIGITANA DIGITANA DI DIGITANA

FROM THE DAY WE ARRIVED ON THIS PLANET

AAAAAAAHHHHHttila

The Skaven announcement trailer better start with an ahhhhhhh.

#not my king

#ResistLions

Hawaii for it is pleasing to Slaanesh.

>grand master collection doesn't have everything the master collection has
what the fug

>not starting with a HISSSSSSSSS

-TORY

Prediction time lads!

1) Who's going to be the most killy LL in TW2?
Krok-gar
2) Who's going to be the biggest pansy LL in TW2?
Mighty Thanquol

thin crust Napoletana or salsiccia

Franz is still going to be top dad.

Hello, i'm slav, i want free content ok CA ? Shit jew DLC sega, ok praise history and Mislav, fuck warhammer