American engine and transmission

>American engine and transmission
>British chassis and styling
Is this the peak of automotive design?

sure its not a tesla.
as long as its faster than one in the 1/4 im all hyped

Why are you limiting yourself to just one aspect of a new TVR? How this thing will drive everywhere is the question, not just the drag strip.

Brit and yank friendship forever! Europeans need not apply!

>American engine and transmission
dropd

It looks happy and mentally insane.
I'd expect a quarter in the high 10s or very low 11s with that power to weight ratio

there are already a lot of sports cars that can turn, just look at a cayman. even the F type can turn, and make v8 noises.

its not a one trick pony is it?

It's a Cosworth tuned Coyote 5.0 paired with a Tremec manual, what's not to like?

Are you saying the Tesla isn't a one trick pony and this will be? This is a TVR. It will be hellaciously fast, corner well, but also won't hesitate to kill you at a moment's notice for disrespecting it. That's the draw.

idk the F type seems really nice.

>Is this the peak of automotive design?

pretty much

>even the F type can turn
Not really, a Camaro SS is faster than the top-of-the-line SVR around a track

sure, its very fast too.

OFFICIAL LIMEY AMERICAN FRIENDSHIP THREAD

It's not an LS

if it was an LS that would be a big reason to not like it

My only problem with the Coyote engine is how slow it builds revs. Yeah, it rev past 8000 RPM, but it doesn't change speed very fast when shifting gears, you can't make it "bark" like a lot of Euro V8's.

I suspect Cosworth may change that. They can run a much lighter flywheel on a small production car like this for one thing.

>My only problem with the Coyote engine is how slow it builds revs

that has more to do with gearing and flywheel weight than just the engine itself

Love the car and its specs, but is it more of a sports car or a GT car???? Looking at interior pics it looks pretty simple. Might be more of a track car than a daily. What is the price?

>combining the worst of both

"no"

The price is your life

Tis the TVR way

Hopefully going to be the best new release in a long time. A new, light TVR with a 5l V8, RWD and a proper gearbox should be a godmachine
>TVR
>GT
ahahahaha
it's a mentalist car, if you manage to go around even a slight bend with the back end in check you've done well

Euro V8's bark because they're actual small displacement, like 500cc per cylinder.

Nope. Modular motors are just pigfat, heavy, and especially so in their internals, with loads of inertia compared to Euro models. Sure, they're cheaper, but even with a flat plane crank they'll only rev to 8250.

>It's a TVR, if you manage to go around every bend doing mad skids you've done well
Ftfy

SOLD

Crossplane crank is a gimmick to make the Shelby a special snowflake. Ford sells crate crossplane Modulars which rev past 8k and make 580HP naturally aspirated. Modded ones will go to 9k.

>American engine
>British chassis
>Italian design

Holy trifecta right here