Thinking about buying this 2004 Corvette for under $16K. Any problem areas I should be on the lookout for...

Thinking about buying this 2004 Corvette for under $16K. Any problem areas I should be on the lookout for, or anything I should know?

Never owned a Corvette before.

Front picture.

Looks like it has some light looking scrapes in the paint or clear coat on the front bumper, driver side. How concerned should I be about that?

don't

I don't even know what to think about this interior.

>automatic

lol

way too much my friend bought one for 7k lol and dont buy an automatic you'll be disappointed

Do you hate this automatic, or all automatics?

OP here. I have a service related injury in my left foot/ankle so I can't comfortably drive a manual anymore unless it's a DCT or something.

That's a bummer bro. Think you could definitely get a cheaper C5 if you looked harder.

sorry about the injury bro. C5 auto's can be had for cheaper

fuckkkkkk, that wouldn't even be a question here in Aus, cheapest post2000 corvette I can find online after a quick search is 52k USD.

automatics are awesome, but not ones from this era.

>cheapest post2000 corvette I can find online after a quick search is 52k USD
Holy shit mate.

Autos in anything older than ~2010 are pretty piss-poor. If you drive an automatic from a new car, then try to go and drive an older automatic, the differences are immediately apparent and very disappointing.

Cars becoming burdened with tech and safety features is a big negative of newer cars, but I'd say that for the vast majority of daily driver/automatic grocery getters, it's worth it to have a newer one than an older one simply for the responsiveness of the newer automatics.

This doesn't apply to all luxury vehicles, but is fairly accurate for most average consumer vehicles on the road today.

This seems to be a fairly standard deal for the Southern California market - which I am new to. This is actually one of the cheapest automatic C5s on autotrader that I've found.

I tend to stay away from Craigslist due to some shitty experiences with it, but maybe I could give it a go.

Yeah, unfortunately my budget is $17K or under right now, so my V8 performance vehicle options tend to be limited to 2008 and older. I've been considering a Mustang GT since they're cheaper than the Corvettes so I could get a newer one for the same price, but it seems a waste to get a 4.6L Mustang when the Coyote engine is so great.

At least the autotragic C5s I'm looking at have the LS1 engine which I've heard nothing but good things about.

This sure is a sexy C5 though. I love the blacked out aesthetic. Asking $15,652 from a dealership in Yorba Linda, CA.

The autos of that era are so fucking bad. Turns it into a Malibu. Don't even bother op.

>Black rims
>black lights
>black car
You are buying a man-child's tryhard, wannabe gangster car. Stop being a fagget

buy a c6 instead. thank me later.

>buying a murdered out corvette
shiggy diggy. that thing has been owned by a boyracer faggot. get a stock one from an older guy

this. also with slightly better reliability with the trans as well as being actually able to check if it's shrapnel or getting there before it becomes obvious driving.

>yourba Linda
Theres your problem, everything there is over priced
t. I live there

>complains
>posts red calipers
right back at you

Buy my 04 z06 for 18k user. Im going over seas so dont need it.

OP buy this

LS6 is sex

Im in pendleton if you wanna see

Here is an old pic. I can take newer ones.

You might be able to find a 2011 GT for that money. Whatever you get, look into a shift kit that people recommend. Changes the programming to shift a bit harsher but it's less of a "slushbox" then.

try ebay

OP fellow auto C5 2004 owner here.

The engine is pretty bullet proof stock. The Torque converter and autotragic tranny can make highway pulls a little odd but light to light racing it will do just fine.

Headlight gears are your most pressing issue. Stock they are plastic and will break they are also a pain to get to.my recommendation is to replace those first and leave it stock if it is your DD. With love care and regualr maintence it will last a very long time

Get a prius user. Save them mpgs