Why does Veeky Forums seem to think the Mazda 6 is gods gift to the midsize family car segment?

Why does Veeky Forums seem to think the Mazda 6 is gods gift to the midsize family car segment?

I've been test driving FWD family cars all week with my parents and it was underwhelming as fuck. Even the damn Passat and Fusion felt more fun. Doesn't even offer a V6. Do you people just equate harsh ride to good handling?

Do you equate "fun" to "muh V6"?

May as well get the new Camry, I heard it has 300hp

Because it's supposed to compete with Toyota and Honda reliability, which is yet to be seen. I've never driven a Mazda, but if it can offer a compact car to compete with the civic and corolla for a fresh change of style and equal reliability in the same price range, I could see myself buying one.

Mazda 6 is just a little too big for my taste.

I think you'd be interested in a Mazda 3

I consider a car fun when it handles well and doesn't take 1053204 seconds to catch up with freeway traffic. The acceleration on this thing is laughable.

The acceleration is fine for a midsize. I've been driving an Accord that makes like 190bhp for 10 years and have almost always been one of the faster drivers on the freeways

I'd you want acceleration go get a Mustang GT for like $32k

>The acceleration is fine for a midsize
Slower than the Accord, Fusion, Passat, Altima and Camry we drove. It was only faster than the Korean brands. Passat, Fusion and Accord handled better too.

>I'd you want acceleration go get a Mustang GT for like $32k
God damn, this board is retarded.

>buying a midsize sedan
just kys bro

I've looked into it, but until I see truth behind the claims that it competes with civic and corolla pure reliability, I have no problem waiting a few years. My 2011 corolla does just fine, I wouldn't mind a 3 year old mazda3 in 2020 if it means having a fresh look and exceptional reliability.

I'm a "car is an appliance" kind of guy, but for competitive pricing I can sway towards driver's cars.

Did you compare a 4 cylinder car to 6 cylinder/turbo cars?
Did you also choose to ignore things like the equipment at different price points

The Accord handled the nicest out of all those alternatives you've listed and it still doesn't handle as nicely as the Mazda 6

>car is an appliance kind of guy
Yeah just stick with a Corolla, Mazda's aren't for you

>God damn, this board is retarded.

Welcome to Veeky Forums, now git out

Just by the V6 Accord and be gone

Honda doesn't make V6 Accords anymore

>BUH BUH IT MUST BE NEW!!!!!!!

Holy fuck, you're the retarded one here. Get off this fucking board, you're not welcome here.

It's just because almost every modern car sacrifices ease of use and speed for futurism. Let me turn a knob or push a button for my music and ac/heating, I can't even stand new corollas because of that lever to switch temperature and fan speed, slow to respond, taking more than a split second to get comfortable. I don't want an infotainment system, give me an aux cord and simple am/fm with a few presets on the wheel or console. If the Mazda3 had that designed simplicity I'm in, but looking at the interior I can already tell this isn't the case.

Autism

It's a lot easier to control your music with Mazda's Mercedes knock off control knob than through a USB connection to your phone than it is to muck around with a touch screen while driving

When you make retarded points on a board knowing full well that they're retarded, that doesn't make me autistic. It just makes you retarded.

Mazda doesnt do very well in Europe because they are priced above their competition. And a Mazda 3 is not really justified to cost more than a VW Golf, or a Mazda 2 than a VW Polo. And VW is already at the top of tree.
Compare the Mazda 3 with a Renault Megane (pricewise ) and it does not go very well for the Mazda.
Added to the fact that Mazda had massive issues with rust and paint quality, and clutch failings on the diesel models and now Mazda is just a curiosity, not a mainstream manufacturer.

How is pointing out that the new Accords don't have V6s a retarded point? Are you triggered by people buying new cars?

The rust maymay hasn't been a thing since 2012

You are literally bitching about the mazda not as fast, and therefore worse than its competitors based on that one aspect and you are calling people retarded?

Ill even say the 6 is not my thing but it has the best interior and daily driving dynamics, cost of ownership, and reliability of any car of that segment. Mazda is the last car make that gives a fuck about the fun if driving that is why Veeky Forums likes them so much. Just because they cant shove a ttv6 in there by no means makes this car worse than any of its competitors. Speed is one aspect to a car. If thats what you want then look elseware. You also reak of underage b&

/thread