In a turbo car...

In a turbo car, could you redirect the air coming out of the blow off valve when closed throttle into the turbine wheel of the turbocharger to reduce lag? pic related

Can you use that pressurized air to feed the turbo and avoid lag when closing the throttle? Is it possible?

if so what is it like. if not, why not, am i retarded?

The exhaust pressure will always be higher than the intake pressure. Youd never be able to feed the turbo the way you propose without tremendous back flow.

What is a recirculating bov

a BOV that feeds the intake not the turbine.

Why don't they attach the turbine shaft to the crank shaft

That's a super idea

If you want to have even more fun, have a combustion chamber in between the two and pump gas into it.

Thank you!

listen
turbos are great and all
but what if
listen
what if
instead of increasing pressure of the air inside the car
listen
what if
we increased the pressure of the air outside the car

>not attaching the turbine to the crankshaft with a gearbox so it spins faster

What if we drove the turbo from the intake and had it suck out the exhaust so that during the intake stroke there's already a vacuum in the cylinder to draw more air in?

what about this

Real talk Detroit does this with its Series 60. It adds like 70hp.

They have a extra turbine housing that has a gear that goes the the flywheel.

wrong.
with the throttle closed the pressure infront of the throttle will be higher

This wouldn't work for the same reason you can't just drink your piss over and over again.

Here is a snippet from an article that can explain it better.

"A Flywheel Turbine?By inventing a new type of turbo compounding system, the DD15 engineers found a way to add 50 hp and still improve fuel economy by 5 percent. The system works by using a conventional Holset HX55 turbo without a wastegate that feeds into a unique "turbo compound axial power turbine" that transfers power directly to the engine flywheel. By scavenging exhaust heat that would normally fly out of the tailpipe, the "axial power turbine" is able to spin a small gearbox that helps create up to 100 lb-ft of torque when the engine is under a full load."

what about fins on flywheel and drawing in air through the gearbox

Why not supercharge it

Newfags

dumbass

Detroit tech here

Was never on series 60, only early dd15 and dd16. From 2007 - 2013ish, they've since pretty much done away with them, its only available as an option on dd16 now i believe. Which is pointless since the engines are still only tuned to 1850 lb/ft

>same reason you can't just drink your piss over and over again
you can't really know if you don't try...

I've always wondered why we can't just imlement a screw type exhaust turbine housing into the exhaust side of the head, and a similar compressor housing into the intake side of the head and have the compressor gear or chain driven off the exhaust one.

bwaap

brev

>not a 6-stroke

Of course.
It's amazing that you,some retarded Chan poster would be the first to think of it,it must definitely work!
Meanwhile Jim Fuckin Lahey just died and you fuck faces are entertaining op's delusional mental stumbling.
EMFUCKINGBARRISSING

PROPANE PROPANE

This would make for the lumpiest ride.

I like where your heads are at. But if you really want to solve the puzzle you have to stop depending on explosions to turn a rod

This. Rotars>Rods

Because screws are difficult to drive from the thread. They can move air effectively, but that drive ratio doesn't work so well the other way.
It's kind of how Torsen LSDs work, although in a mechanical fashion as opposed to an air tunnel.

This is how we fix ICE

Best part is that it really is proposed solution. There is research about redirecting exhaust gasses from one or two cylinders directly into intake. No EGR valve, but direct piping from exhaust into intake.
Ultimate EGR.
Can't find name of this...

thats a Power Recovery Turbine, they tried them out on aircraft way back in the day but they usually came to bits

I think that it is used in modern truck engines. It's called turbo compound or something...

I dont think the turbos would get enough airflow, also that intake air would be hot as fuck. And you might just blow everything up.

I knew I was a fucking genius

as other have mentioned your blow off pressure will never counter the exhaust gas pressure

your best bet is to have your bypass charge aimed to hit you compressor wheel at an angle.

what is
Twincharger

Blow off valves are gay anyway. VGT or bust.

Fuck off Volvo.

>ICE
hidden

>reduce lag

>shorter/correct diameter piping
>turbo sized properly for engine
>correct intercooler size for hp goals
>ball bearing twin scroll turbo
>equal length exhaust runners
>open downpipe
>what is lag