Buy the world's greatest car

>buy the world's greatest car
>never drive it
>not even once
Why is this allowed?

tomhartleyjnr.com/used/1997/classic/mclaren/1997-classic-mclaren-moira-swadlincote-for-sale-048060

It'll be worth something someday.

but this car was made to be driven, not locked away like some ancient relic

you dont seem to understand, in 100 years how many of these do you think there are going to be?

In 100 years how many of us are there going to be?

Who cares? It's a car. It's made to drive.

you probably won't be able to drive it cause there won't be petrol stations in 100 years.

Cars as we know them have barely been around more than 100 years.

If I could afford it, I'd buy an Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale (single beam headlight version) just to park in my living room and nearly be brought to tears by it's aching beauty every day.

That's why you buy two.

>spend 1 million on a weekend fun car
>man, I can't stand only having 100 million in my bank account, I wish I had more money
>why waste this 1 million when I could turn it into 10 million?
This is why I hate people who are born rich. People who *earn* their money have an appreciation for what they have. These people don't.

Probably exactly as many as there are now, as McLaren is pretty keen on keeping the F1s roadworthy even after celebrities buy them and wreck them.

it's sad people can't see a car for what it is but only how much money it can make them. i don't care if this trend helps preserve the classics, it can get fucked

wider problem is its just a money dump into what ever the latest bubble is
if not stocks and bonds its houses or minerals
id start buying up clean water while its cheep lol

little money is being spent on future technology's or environmental considerations

Some people are too busy getting richer to have any time to enjoy their nice things. Other non-car people see rare and exclusive cars like the F1 as an investment; nothing more, nothing less. Life isn't all fun and games, OP.

sadly this.

they do the same with beautiful old buildings, letting them rot :(

Because if you ever wanted to buy one, guys like him are the only reason there will be examples still left for you to buy.

They're never going to be a cheap car, so if you have enough money to buy a shitty one, you probably have enough to buy his nice one.

>didn't even get it in orange
>Gets it in banana yellow

fucking rich people.

It's a smart business investment.

In the scheme of things somone in the future will be able to buya like new McLaren F1. Hopefully I get lucky.

for the same reason you buy a painting that is worth millions of dollars. some things are just nice to look at

>in orange
fuck off filthy casual meme parrot pleb

The F1 looks best in orange, black is second.

Who cares. It's a car. You make it seem like it can never be built again.

What if I started my own car company, made high-caliber supercars built to be tracked, pure performance beasts, but only sold them to people who I knew (through interviews and/or records) would actually drive them and not let them sit forever in a garage.

Would the rich people that just want them as a status symbol hate me? Would anyone even buy them? I don't care for a 'sekrit club'-style system a la Ferrari where you can't buy the newest model unless you've owned several of the previous models, I just hate how dumb rich people don't even drive these cars like they were meant to be driven.

Is there some way I could include a clause in a contract stating the car had to be driven a minimum amount of miles per year and/or tracked a certain amount of times per year or else I could reclaim the car?

Is that from a radioactive nippon thread? makes me sad

You can get McLaren to repair it whatever colour you want when you buy it. Change up the interior too to fucking corduroy seats if you ask them nicely

You people are fucking dumb, this car was never registered which means it was never actually sold

People with money would just fuck off and get a Ferrari

Back in the day you actually had to drive supercars, heavy clutches, awful ergonomics and poor visibility
Now days any teenage girl with a rich daddy or a limp wristed nu-male can drive a modern super car

in museum and you in grave

>implying you can't synthesize a chemically compatible fuel from renewable sources
it's just not capable of meeting the scale of demand

> sell 100 years form now for 500 brazillion dollars
> new owner gets to drive and enjoy a 100 year old classic with literally 0 miles on it like it was 1997
> previous owner is now 500 brazillion dollars richer
let's dream together

This. I know this may sound weird to Veeky Forums, but the richer you get the harder you work. Some men/wo-hahaha, just don't have the time at all.

You mean around a swept track, before undergoing maintenance hours like a helicopter.