/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

[autistic screeching]

>Latest Patch Details
playgwent.com/en/news

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Cinematic Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo
>Gameplay Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdvB0mpDJoL4pbUQs5DSc-3Qvo3DXmj6SB35TLavdA1X7_mbA/viewform?usp=sf_link
discord.gg/RkBqZtr
youtube.com/watch?v=7IzSGvXc_PM
gwentdb.com/decks/22484-4k-hybrid-st-not-dhoine-friendly
webmshare.com/play/8egQq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for
S U C C

>10 kegs of nothing but trash

[autistic new fag confusion screechin]

>jump on for daily kegs
>not much time just play casual
>my aswell have fun
>foltest meme shit
>no ggs at all

why are people mad in casual?

I've wondered that as well. I get like 80% less ggs in casual.

>premo blueboy
>albrich

ehhhhhhh which one

So rethaz said they still want to add 20 cards every 2 months, but clarified that most of them (he said 75%) will be bronze.

I mean it's nice that they are working on the rarity distribution, but isn't that a bit too low? At least to me 20 cards per month doesn't feel like much if most of them are cheap bronzes anyway.

you want gwent to become powercreep shitfest like hearthstone?

No you're right, 20 cards per 2 months is weak as shit.

That's 3 bronzes per faction, a bit of neutral stuff and that's it. I'll probably have all cards as soon as open beta ends so I'll stop playing and only come back when new stuff releases.

And the funny thing is, I didn't even spend any money so far. The content roll out is basically nothing, 120 cards a year.

Since gwent won't have rotation for a veeeeery long time, releasing as much content as HS or Magic is excessive (Magic has more than 800 cards a year ffs). But at least twice the planned number (i.e. around 250 cards a year) would be much healthier. A card game dies withiut new content.

They can keep their 20 cards a month model but It'd be cool if we get one bigger 100+ cards expansion every year (basically with the release of each campaign)

There are great bronzes in many archetypes that you can't even run because of the low as fuck 25 card limit, and they're going to add mostly bronzes? Just 20 per 2 months?

20 cards a month is 240 cards a year

People already frequently complain about the low amount of cards. Think 3 more bronzes per faction will cut it for them?

I meant 20 cards every 2 months. 20 cards a month would be okay too, but introducing new stuff in the middle of a ranked season would probably suck.

What's even funnier, they said they want 2 new leaders PER FACTION by the end of the year. There aren't enough golds and silvers to support 10 new archetypes, not even in 2 years if they keep this "20 cards every 2 months" bullshit.

It could be like the current monster leaders where they're almost interchangeable. Consume players basically just run a leader of their choice right now. Similarly with NR where while Foltest is the most popular you have people running the leaders almost interchangeably.

Can you gib source?

Here's a meme I made just now
Hope it's funny and you gg me

>even if its 3 faction cards every 2 months thats 9 out of 15 you could swap out in a deck over 30% not including any new silvers/golds/neutrals
>balancing this x5 every 2 months will be hard enough
autists

The last gwentlemen podcast had an interview with rethaz where he said that.

Haha I'm sure the average casual will be THRILLED if the only new cards he gets are cheap shit.

You don't keep a ccg alive by goodwill alone.

How do we fix these useless things?

If even a semi dedicated player can complete his collection in a few months, who will spend money on the game? I know I won't. There is no need.

And with such a poor amount of new content I can guarantee you that other people will feel the same.

>lvl 11, playing three days
>casual, matched against 25 lvl rank 15 (2500 mmr or something) guy
>fuck him over in 2 rounds, send pity gg
nice ladder you got here, gwentfags

>this excited about winning a casual game
First one, eh?

>win against some dude running some meme deck in casual
>think you're hot shit

>SUPERJJ’S CYCLE CALVEIT
>dude he's just having fun lmao
lol damage control

>played for 3 days
>already chokes on netdeck cocks instead of getting familiar with the game
you're getting more and more pathetic, user, it's time to stop

>fuck over sweaty ladder faggot with modified north starter deck
>check gwentify if this guy was actually THAT sweaty
>yes he is because it's top ranked deck
your game is casual as fuck man

This is some good bait my man. Here's your hard earned (you).

>hehe nice troll fellow redditor, upvoted
gwentfags everyone

Which one, lads?

Playing mostly NG, although I'm collecting also SK cards.

i'd take the SK nigger because he makes the bears and axemen even more broken while the rest of these cards are shit

also hopefully you will get full refund for it when they nerf SK to the ground

if you don't want him take assassination

wew, first legit kek of this patch
He milled himself way too hard

Wow, what a bunch of shitty cards.

CDPR confirmed a buff to Vajborn, tou

They are literally all trash, but devs already said they are looking at changing varbjorn.

>full refund for a shit tier SK card
They even said he was one of the first card they'd look into when they talked about buffing under performing cards.

right now with the bears and axemen he's strong as hell though

try playing consume monster having all your shit being hit by bears and or weather and then having anything below 2 killed boosting the axemen even more

Jesus Christ.
Main game developer is sitting and talking with amateurs who aren't even the best players out there.
It's obvious why the game is so shit now.

most likely it's just a PR
>yes my dude we listen, tell me more about it, yeah weather sucks bro
good guy cdprojekt

Not really. It's a common knowledge (mainly on official Discord) that rethaz talks with Gwentlemen everyday on their server.
He spends too much time with them and now game is only getting worse.

>play Kayran
>its literally "play 2 cards as one"
>opponent now +2 card advantage
holy shit this card is bad

then he probably wants to make sure shitters feel alright because gwent needs to grow. and yeah, any of these options - he's a retard or he caters to casuals - suck then.

Regis:Cuck Form and Assassination are bad beyond saving

Vabjorn can be fun as fuck against monster with a bear and some axeboys and I think he will get some buffs

OME ONE COME ALL BECAUSE THERE'S A TOURNEY ON THE HORIZON - /gwt/ showdown

Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /gwt/'s champion over a three day period starting on 30th of June, ending on July 2nd . The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who played.

Sign-up sheet:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdvB0mpDJoL4pbUQs5DSc-3Qvo3DXmj6SB35TLavdA1X7_mbA/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your GOG ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one GOG IDs will be organized via that PMs and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-Matches are going to be done through Friend Matches
-Matches are best of 3.
-Finals will be best of 5.
-Requirements to join: Discord and/or GOG ID for organization purposes

Fights are to be decided between participants after brackets are done. Wins will be recorded after a screenshot of the winning person is produced to one of the organizers.
Brackets will be done by organizers but fight times must be done in agreement with eachother. Failure to produce a screenshot of the winner in due time will result in a DQ.

30th of June – First bracket
1st of July – Second Bracket
2nd of July - Semifinals/Finals

discord.gg/RkBqZtr

>round 1, turn 4
youtube.com/watch?v=7IzSGvXc_PM

>SK spawns his bastard on my row
>I actually care for it
what now SK shitter? whats the matter?

> B-but user, Hjalmar OP! OP!
> Hjalmar 25 points

ur still fucked

I won

should this be legal?

Tzaaaaaaaaaaaaaak, MOKREVARG!!!!!!!

*Does autistic sith lighting attack motion*

Is he that high in a small region or something?

>Lifecoach plays bear
>"BAHHH! WAHH BOOM BOOM!"
>Slams his fist into his other arm
>Clenches his teeth visibly
Is this some sort of a meme?

Or is this guy just genuinly retarded?

Probably Australia. 2853 is top 100

He's a console player, they don't have the same mmr system.

>get service interrupted errors very often with a stable connection
>it always happens when I am clearly winning
>CDPR does nothing to prevent it or to ban the assholes who obviously abuse that shit
>no reconnect system on the radar

Why is this allowed? I play countless of online games with no errors yet it is okay when I get drophacked into oblivion by at least 2 assholes a day? Fuck this

Dude he is just passionate bro,,,,,,,,

Ehhh,,, who r u to ask??? Do U have millions of money???? and a hot wifee,,,, do u get to play videogames with ure (((((hot aryan bf))))) all day???? if u dont have anuything of the above u are not qualified to ask lol

Autism, he has a tic where he cant hold in his excitement and has to animate it with sounds and gestures.

totally support you my dudest of dudes. this nerd needs to fuck off. lifecoach is /ourguy/.

There are people ITT who think that Hjalmar is 15 to 25 card
We need to clear this once and for all
Hjalmar 15 and -5 that you give to your enemy
So 10
Kill the Lord -5 wasted dmg + 10 for Hjalmar
So 20
Play Hjalmar and Triss get 25 + 7 = 32 on your side 0 for the enemy. Triss is a 7 + 5 card, 32 - (7+5) = Hjalmar 20
10 to 20 for a Gold is good, but not OP
Even Vampire regis is better, gives you 12 on avg + info + a chance to wreck spellST, revealNG etc

>kambi

>They're running Triss
They've really lost it have they?

> the only way to kill the lord on undvik is with a direct strike aimed at him triss style

if you have bears on the board they'll already soften him up and if you place him on a row with other enemies you apply weather to it so you hit the enemy either way

Axemen make death by a thousand cuts even stronger. You don't even need Undvik to die in some games to get a shitton of points out of Hjalmar

truth has spoken

I'm working on an ST mulligan/move deck, and I can't decide on the last of my silvers. Right now I have Toruviel, Morenn, Ciaran, and Yaevinn, and I'm trying to decide if Ida Emean or Sheldon Skaggs gets the last slot. Ida's a mage of course, and has that 3-in-1 versatility, but Sheldon would synergize really well with the three Blue Mountain Commandos in my deck.

forgot, I also have Scorch slotted in right now as well

clan an craite raider discard with bran
19, 22, 25 point tempo swing that also thins the deck reliably, in addition to never being a dead draw due to being able to discard from the hand with other SK cards.
golems on the other hand, a 9 point tempo swing, that also thins the deck unreliably, if it actually works, and never improves in point value as the rounds go by.
really fires the neurons as to who was whining about NG.

>lost because power number got bugged in graveyard
retarded polish garbage coding

I'm not playing this garbage until it comes out of beta

Oh yes
And what if they have 3 5point units on 1 row and you have Igni and Hjalmar? And what if you Regis Vampire a 17p unit and then consume it from the graveyard?
Every card can have a lucky super combo etc. It's a 10to20 gold and that's fine. And it can be demoted and stolen with SUCC etc.

>lost because your hand doesn't appear in the mulligan phase

voorhis reveal or calveit spy for my next deck?

Ida is the worst faction mage and sheldon has been quite a bit more useful for me. You can get so much tempo with the BMCs. I added zoltan for that same reason. By comboing toruviel+aelirenn in there I can ensure 50 some odd points in as little as 3 turns.
Here's a really good list that I've had success with too.
gwentdb.com/decks/22484-4k-hybrid-st-not-dhoine-friendly

>They're witcher flavor of the month NR
>They challenge my reaver hunters on the last turn

both are trash and at best will maintain your current mmr in 100 games

~2 wins off ranking up. Watch me tank back to 2500 again for the 100th time

Since when is 20 "just fine" for a gold card? Sure a lot of gold cards should bring that swing potentially, but they usually do it through synergies and effects. Regis can never be 20, unless he stumbles into some buffed up horseshit against NR that will happen in 1 game out of 100. Much complained about Tibor pre-patch had 25 power and gave the enemy a card, if we estimate average bronze to be 8-9 power, thats still only 16-17 power.

ez 2800 mmr

might try it if my current dick fails. won the 1st after posting and it put me at...
>2794

Fucking hate the retards that always take ages, at least this one did it right

webmshare.com/play/8egQq

The autoplay when the timer runs out was hilarious last patch when Nilfgaard Spies did it. You just see half a deck played out at the speed of sound.

Greet all Nilfgaard players.

Intentionally tie all Nilfgaard mirrors.

Always compliment other Nilfgaardians and provide GGs.

Refrain from taunting Nilfgaard bros, even if they make a terrible mistake.

Reveal all non-Nilfgaardians and never offer them GGs.

Praise be to the great sun.

wow that doggo is a big baller!

stop avatarfagging

>card minimumbumped to thirty
>opening hand draws 1 more card
>draw 3 cards in round two
>2 cards in round three
>card limit set to 4 for common cards

certain cards would need to increase in rarity, like celaeno harpy

that deck looks neat, gonna give it a go (im at 3.3k)

i need a timestamp user

>artificially stretch the game

how about now. The games are taking long as it is already.
Especially with people like

Just dropped Sigfrida for Olgierd in my Skelly deck.

Anyone tried Olgierd + Morky?

That's not me, besides Calveitposting was a thing before you came here.

But I forgive your ignorance.

>dropping the only card that can bring back a locked and killed mork

no, nobody ever tried that

He does it all the fucking time

what is artificially stretching the game? I feel like you're using buzz words and you don't understand how to use them

I'll explain it to you like to a retard

more cards = game takes longer

Do we know if full scrap refund is gonna be the nerf compensation policy going forward? Just got a bunch of dust for levelling and finally hitting rank 15. Wanna know if I can start making my cards pretty at last or save it for soon to be nerfed stuff again
You blind, greedy fool

probably he means this
>get buttrekt so hard your anus starts bleeding
>wait untill very last second to play your cards because you are THAT mad
I had one guy (nilf) doing this after I cockblocked his cheecky "combo" (LMAO I BUFF SAME UNIT WITH AMBASSADORS)

If they bother wasting a billion cards to kill Mork I'm happy.